Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Default 13 years

that's how long it's been since the skins held the division lead. been a long time coming. hopefully it's just a milestone on the way to regaining some of that former glory.

thanks, dan snyder, for making it such a long and painful process.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Belmont Park

Gotta feel pretty good about yesterday. Cousins steps in and the team responds as underdogs on the road.

The Giants in full on collapse mode and Dallas barely eeking out a win against an abominable Steelers team who tried to hand the game to them on a platter multiple times. The only thing the Steelers didn't do was score the TD's for them.

We got the Eagles at Philly, then Dallas at home. Both winnable games. They are the best team in the division and are staying hot at the right time.

From one long-suffering Skins fan to another, congrats Ziggy - looks like we may have the talent to make a run, in spite of young Daniel.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Dee Tee Stables

yeah, it felt good. watching the giants get shut out made a good day even better.
ah, but the steelers. bah. their ineptitude kept it from being a perfect football weekend. (a perfect weekend for our house is a saints win (tony and my oldest two are fans), a skins win (me and the youngest) and a dallas loss (because i loathe them).

all i know, tho, is that football is running down for the season, and hockey starting up is a dim possibility. what am i going to watch thru spring?!?!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Dal vs wash for the division. And i would think fox is PISSED that they lost the game to nbc sunday night
Old 12-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Del Mar

Just got my tix.

Rg 3 is the most exciting rookie in any sport since...Michael jordan?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Just got my tix.

Russell Wilson!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

To be fair, was Michael Jordan's rookie season really that exciting? He was on a losing team that barely made the playoffs. It was more Cam Newton than Robert Griffin.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:36 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Just got my tix.

Since Lebron..... He was hyped as a 6th grader. Hype that has turned out to be 100% legit as he is not even 30 and he is already one of the best players ever.
He went for 21 6 6 and 2 steals a game. As a rookie. Check out his stats from then until now. What hyped super star has ever improved so much? My only problem with the King is he loves being liked and he is a genuine good King. Everyone likes him. If he was more of a killer on the court he would have more then 1 Championship already. He is worlds better then Durant as the best player in the world, just needs to keep his edge. He is so nice he even talked to Eskendereya on twitter.
As a rookie he had games of 32,32,38,36,34,31 and a handful of games over 24 points. They improved 18 games with a horrible roster. Im pretty sure no one looks at this stuff, maybe Chuckles does... But it may have been the worse 35 win roster ever. Other then the King.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Dee Tee Stables

great game, we're going to the playoffs. seahawks coming to town next sunday.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
great game, we're going to the playoffs. seahawks coming to town next sunday.
If griffin doesn't show up 100% the hawks will lay a beat down on him. I'm a NINERS fan, I just witnessed that.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
If griffin doesn't show up 100% the hawks will lay a beat down on him. I'm a NINERS fan, I just witnessed that.
You really can't compare NFL games like that.

Congrats to The Skins, always fun to see Dallas lose.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
It seems every year a "Now" team goes down in flames in the first round of the playoffs. I see the Seahawks as a "Now" team. If I were a Seahawk fan I'd be Very concerned about the 2-5 Road record (1-0 on a Neutral site against a Bills team that kept the bus running in the parking lot). I'd be very concerned about the road losses to those powerful teams like Carolina, Detroit and Miami.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
It seems every year a "Now" team goes down in flames in the first round of the playoffs. I see the Seahawks as a "Now" team. If I were a Seahawk fan I'd be Very concerned about the 2-5 Road record (1-0 on a Neutral site against a Bills team that kept the bus running in the parking lot). I'd be very concerned about the road losses to those powerful teams like Carolina, Detroit and Miami.
I can't agree more Jim. Seattle can be a very tough place to play, no doubt - but they've proven that they can't seem to bring that game on the road for some reason.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
and on top of that, typically west coasters don't do well coming east either.

Quote:
Congrats to The Skins, always fun to see Dallas lose.

i loved it. especially the three interceptions by romo.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
The Curragh

worked the game, and let me tell you, the atmosphere was like no other, tons of cowboy fans had to tuck tail out of landover that night, something that hasn’t been done in a while, when the all the chips were on the line.
13 years it took them to regain the NFC east, from last to first. As a diehard I think we’re playing with house money at this point, but I would love to see this season continue. West coast team coming East is tougher then must people understand, not sure why this isn’t a 1pm game instead of 430pm.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
worked the game, and let me tell you, the atmosphere was like no other, tons of cowboy fans had to tuck tail out of landover that night, something that hasn’t been done in a while, when the all the chips were on the line.
13 years it took them to regain the NFC east, from last to first. As a diehard I think we’re playing with house money at this point, but I would love to see this season continue. West coast team coming East is tougher then must people understand, not sure why this isn’t a 1pm game instead of 430pm.
Probably a ratings issue.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Probably a ratings issue.
Exactly, a 10 a.m. football game would not maximize viewership.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Exactly, a 10 a.m. football game would not maximize viewership.
yep, typically west coasters play late to allow fans to watch.