Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Flemington

Default 14-0

Patriots home record in regular season and post season with Moss and Brady.

Another glorious win for NE ... even though they probably weren't the best team on the field today. Tons of room for improvement though.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

I be on that Kryptonite. Straight up on that Kryptonite.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Oriental Park

drugs how many roughing the passer calls were called against the ravens , how many were correct...i just saw a bit of lewis comments
Old 10-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Idlewild Airport

You are crazy. Balt played a much better game and will beat them if they play in the playoffs. Write it down.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
drugs how many roughing the passer calls were called against the ravens , how many were correct...i just saw a bit of lewis comments

2 were called against Baltimore and 1 against NE.

All 3 of them were extremely lame calls ... but technically correct.

Flacco and Brady both did get hit in the helmet after releasing the ball .. though not very hard. And Brady did get hit low after releasing the ball .. though not very hard.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Balt played a much better game and will beat them if they play in the playoffs. Write it down.
Baltimore was probably the better team - but they turned the ball over twice in critical spots ... though NE did give up a strip sack for a defensive BALT TD at a point in the game where NE looked like they'd win easily.

It was very close. Baltimore said they were going to take Moss out of the game .. and they did. But Brady played a smart game and didn't even look to Moss and picked Balt apart with mismatches underneath .. they just couldn't run the ball well on Balt.

And when you can't run the ball consistantly - and don't look at Moss - you have to do all of your dinking and dunking without costly penalties or turnovers that stop drives. And it was Baltimore, for the most part, who had more of the costly penalties and key turnovers.

Baltimore did send an overload blitz at Brady on a key 3rd down .. and he basically got rid of it as fast as possible by lobbing up a quick no look duck for Moss to go get for the game winning TD.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Del Mar

Nobody loves Tom Brady any more than i do but it looked pretty clear to me that the best QB on that field was Mr. Flacco. Any thoughts?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Flemington

Docicu said some medical person jibberish about Brady that makes me think he will improve a lot more as the season goes on.

Flacco is excellent for a 2nd year qb ... though he does have a good line, good running game, and very good defense to take the pressure off of him.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Nobody loves Tom Brady any more than i do but it looked pretty clear to me that the best QB on that field was Mr. Flacco. Any thoughts?
I thought Flacco was incredibly overrated last year and got way too much credit for Baltimore's success. This year though he has made the leap. He is legitimately a very good NFL QB. He made a few throws that only Peyton Manning can make.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Del Mar

I agree that Flacco has all of those things. The only thing he doesnt have is a receiver unless you count Mason who is a little past his prime. Can you imagine what this kid could do with a real receiver? Some like...Mr Owens?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:34 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Docicu said some medical person jibberish about Brady that makes me think he will improve a lot more as the season goes on.

Flacco is excellent for a 2nd year qb ... though he does have a good line, good running game, and very good defense to take the pressure off of him.
Brady is not completely healed and won't be for awhile very much like C Palmer when he ripped his ACL up.....
Old 10-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
I agree that Flacco has all of those things. The only thing he doesnt have is a receiver unless you count Mason who is a little past his prime. Can you imagine what this kid could do with a real receiver? Some like...Mr Owens?
Owens is also past his prime. I would take Mason over Owens any day. More consistent route runner and better hands and NO DRAMA. Owens still has the edge on speed and strength but is not as reliable. What Mason really needs is Baltimore to get another legitimate NFL receiver.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
I would take Mason over Owens any day.
I laughed.

One thing I never liked about Owens though is that he doesn't look natural. That's one of the things I've always liked the most about Moss.

Owens would have been better for the Raiders than Moss.

With Moss, if you can get enough pass protection to get him deep and have him run deep double moves ... you have an extremely dangerous offense no matter who else you have at any other position.

If your offensive line can't pass block though ... Owens is still pretty dangerous. A guy like Hines Ward who's gritty and a great blocker also would have been a better option for the Raiders the way that team was set up when Moss was there.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Goodwood

Default Could he possibly say this with a straight face?

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/...explosive.html

Awesome stuff.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
This is my favorite quote:

"They've got a lot of skill players, and are playing hard"
Old 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Flemington

Quote:
"(Aqib) Talib is as good a corner as we've faced the year"
Talk about trying to butter him up.

I doubt he's as good as Champ Bailey or that jackass from the Jets.

The Broncos and Jets were getting awesome defensive pressure though ... and both had safety help for deep routes with Moss most of the game.

Maybe the hoody is just trying to say that Talib is getting no help with a pass rush like those guys - and is still holding his own with top recievers. I guess Steve Smith had just 1 catch for 4 yards last week.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Talk about trying to butter him up.

I doubt he's as good as Champ Bailey or that jackass from the Jets.

The Broncos and Jets were getting awesome defensive pressure though ... and both had safety help for deep routes with Moss most of the game.

Maybe the hoody is just trying to say that Talib is getting no help with a pass rush like those guys - and is still holding his own with top recievers. I guess Steve Smith had just 1 catch for 4 yards last week.
I think Rhonde Barber was on Smith most of the game. Smith also seemed gimpy throughout. He was not 100% on Sunday.

Talib is good, but he's less than 1.5 years into his career. I am sure he will get better, but he is not as good as the two you mentioned above.