Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
how dramatic. brandished?! lol

dude had a gun in his pants that accidentally fired, had had a concealed carry permit in the past (and yes, i know, another state)...the only person he harmed was himself. sorry, i just think the whole deal is ridiculous. 23 month longer sentence than a guy who broke multiple laws and killed a guy-luckily not more than one guy!

as for going outside and firing a gun-that's a little vague, but i know if i walked outside right now and fired off a few rounds, no one would raise a brow.
Dramatic? That's funny. Not really. The FACTS remain that it was illegal in more than one facet. This very well could've ended up differently and injured another club patron. Just because he was lucky enough to have just injured himself, doesnt mean it's worthy of only a slap on the wrist.

If someone that you hold dearly was at the club and the bullet ricocheted off the ground and took that person's eye out, would you not be singing a different tune??? Something tells me that you would. Thank God that it only caused harm to Burress. Ever think that they are using this case as a deterrent for the average Joe? They might be trying to send a message that no-one person is above the law in that district. If they handed out 2 for Burress, the odds are that Joe Blow would be going to jail for a much longer stint if convicted of the same crime. I gaurantee that it has made more than a handful of 'hoods' think twice about bringing the gun with, and instead found its way under the driver seat of the Tahoe.

If players feel they need a heater that bad, then hire a phuckin bodygaurd to do that type of crap. Don't risk everything you have, esp when it costs peanuts to farm out to some guy named Bunny. That stupidity in itself is worth a nickel of time in the joint.

and as for us firing a gun outside, its all about where you reside. the fuzz would be on me like flys on $hit, where as if I were to fire the same gun at my brothers mountain house, we'd be the only one's hearing it. Your neighbors would probably think your hunting for dinner, where as mine would peer through the shades in angst, after they spent 10 minutes glued to the floor.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Dramatic? That's funny. Not really. The FACTS remain that it was illegal in more than one facet. This very well could've ended up differently and injured another club patron. Just because he was lucky enough to have just injured himself, doesnt mean it's worthy of only a slap on the wrist.

If someone that you hold dearly was at the club and the bullet ricocheted off the ground and took that person's eye out, would you not be singing a different tune??? Something tells me that you would. Thank God that it only caused harm to Burress. Ever think that they are using this case as a deterrent for the average Joe? They might be trying to send a message that no-one person is above the law in that district. If they handed out 2 for Burress, the odds are that Joe Blow would be going to jail for a much longer stint if convicted of the same crime. I gaurantee that it has made more than a handful of 'hoods' think twice about bringing the gun with, and instead found its way under the driver seat of the Tahoe.

If players feel they need a heater that bad, then hire a phuckin bodygaurd to do that type of crap. Don't risk everything you have, esp when it costs peanuts to farm out to some guy named Bunny. That stupidity in itself is worth a nickel of time in the joint.

and as for us firing a gun outside, its all about where you reside. the fuzz would be on me like flys on $hit, where as if I were to fire the same gun at my brothers mountain house, we'd be the only one's hearing it. Your neighbors would probably think your hunting for dinner, where as mine would peer through the shades in angst, after they spent 10 minutes glued to the floor.

i just happen to find the sentence excessive, and the desire on the part of the prosecutors up there to send him away for a length of time to be absolutely ridiculous. when you compare a dui manslaughter in a crowded area to someone carrying a handgun in a crowded area, and the results from those two crimes...i just find it to be outrageous. and yes, obviously if someone other than plaxico had been injured, it would have been handled differently. what that has to do with what really occurred, i don't know. just like stallworth wouldn't be facing a year off from the nfl if he'd run over a stop sign instead of a human being.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
As much as I think guns should should be outlawed...a very popular point I know...2 years is crazy for that.
look, the biggest problem we face in this country is a lack of enough armed retards. you can see this at recent presidential appearances where most protesters aren't carrying guns.

stop with the radical agenda.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
And Donte' Stallworth gets nothing for killing someone while smashed.....
Smashed on alcohol and marijuana. Damn good point.

While the sentence may seem harsh to many of you one point needs to be brought up - he was in an establishment where alcohol was served with a loaded firearm. When you mix alcohol with a loaded firearm, need I say anything else?

Here is a classic example of how those two don't mix and how in an extreme case things can go very wrong. I met a young man last week who is facing 42 years in prison, his trial begins shortly. Here is how this came about. He gets off work one day and gets a call from a cousin of his and says that some men caused her harm. He jumps in his pickup truck, buys a 12 pack and drives 2 hours to where she is to "make it right". When he gets to this home, several men charge at him with baseball bats and start beating him before he can get out of his truck. He remembers that he has a loaded gun underneath his seat, pulls it out and starts firing. Two innocent bystanders, middle aged women, are shot, not fatally. They are going to recover physically.

You carry a loaded gun into an establishment that sells open containers of alcohol, you deserve hard time.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Hialeah Park

In the case of Stallworth, I find it crazy that if the deceased was crossing the street at a designated crosswalk, his sentence would've been much harsher. The world we live in, I'll tell ya. Bottom line, he was high and drunk and killed someone with his vehicle. Yet he's shown leniency due to where the guy who got clipped was crossing the ro-ad.

Open, shut-closed, AIR tight. Open, shut-closed, AIR tight. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhht?
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
In the case of Stallworth, I find it crazy that if the deceased was crossing the street at a designated crosswalk, his sentence would've been much harsher. The world we live in, I'll tell ya. Bottom line, he was high and drunk and killed someone with his vehicle. Yet he's shown leniency due to where the guy who got clipped was crossing the ro-ad.

Open, shut-closed, AIR tight. Open, shut-closed, AIR tight. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhht?

his sentence was so beyond the pale, it's unbelievable. and then he has the nerve to say he was surprised he got a year from goodell. hell, he should be in jail past football playing age anyway!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Flemington

Most Brothas, Turks, Serbs, Russians, and other hot-head types can't handle the responsibility that comes with carrying a gun. They get in an argument, and that's it. They can't control themselves(tempers are totally unmanageable.) Brothas kill people in clubs. Turks kill people who dare enforce anti-smoking laws in restaurants.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Most Brothas, Turks, Serbs, Russians, and other hot-head types can't handle the responsibility that comes with carrying a gun. They get in an argument, and that's it. They can't control themselves(tempers are totally unmanageable.) Brothas kill people in clubs. Turks kill people who dare enforce anti-smoking laws in restaurants.
Agree. Only white people should be allowed to carry guns. Nobody else is responsible enough to know how to use them.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Agree. Only white people should be allowed to carry guns. Nobody else is responsible enough to know how to use them.
Can asians carry guns?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Okay, how about short white people? Should GPK be allowed to carry a gun?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Hialeah Park

Shoot yourself in the thigh = 2 years
Kill dogs = 18 months
Kill a human while driving drunk and high = 30 days

I'm thinking things look backwards here. That being said, how hard is it if you are Plaxico fricken Burress to register your gun? Had he just registered it he wouldn't have spent a day in jail.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:07 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
Smashed on alcohol and marijuana. Damn good point.

While the sentence may seem harsh to many of you one point needs to be brought up - he was in an establishment where alcohol was served with a loaded firearm. When you mix alcohol with a loaded firearm, need I say anything else?

Here is a classic example of how those two don't mix and how in an extreme case things can go very wrong. I met a young man last week who is facing 42 years in prison, his trial begins shortly. Here is how this came about. He gets off work one day and gets a call from a cousin of his and says that some men caused her harm. He jumps in his pickup truck, buys a 12 pack and drives 2 hours to where she is to "make it right". When he gets to this home, several men charge at him with baseball bats and start beating him before he can get out of his truck. He remembers that he has a loaded gun underneath his seat, pulls it out and starts firing. Two innocent bystanders, middle aged women, are shot, not fatally. They are going to recover physically.

You carry a loaded gun into an establishment that sells open containers of alcohol, you deserve hard time.
You buy a 12-pack for a 2 hour drive for a fight you are looking for?-you deserve life in stupid-town.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:51 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I said "most." Point is that there are people who's tempers are out of control. We shouldn't have to hope somebody doesn't say the wrong thing to them at the wrong time. Should be a high hurdle (in order to be allowed to have a gun on you.) If there are any anger management problems at all, then you shouldn't be carrying. Let them carry something less lethal.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Can asians carry guns?
Anyone allowed to carry a gun should have to pass a mandatory vision test.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Flemington

Quote:
BTW, no Liquid Refreshment folks. Higher Hurdle..Safer world. Don't think it's that much to ask (if one wants to carry a gun) that someone be able to see well, moderate their temper, and avoid abusing substances.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-21-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:09 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:

I used to own a handgun, but gave it to my father when I moved out of state years ago. Needless to say I will be buying another one in about 12-13 years. Either that or lock my daughter in her room til shes 21
Old 08-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I said "most." Point is that there are people who's tempers are out of control. We shouldn't have to hope somebody doesn't say the wrong thing to them at the wrong time. Should be a high hurdle (in order to be allowed to have a gun on you.) If there are any anger management problems at all, then you shouldn't be carrying. Let them carry something less lethal.
So saying "most" makes your racist views better? You sound like the United States government when they say that most countries shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear weapons because they wouldn't be responsible enough to know not to use them. There are a lot of people with temper problems. They come in all races and nationalities. Not just "Brothas, Turks, Serbs, and Russians." And definitely not "most" of even those nationalities.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Coach Pants

I don't have any sympathy for the tard. The money train is over...now he might get back in the league when he's 34 but a team would be crazy to offer him over $5 million a year. He'll play maybe two more years and after that he'll end up back in prison in a few years.

I'd say by the time he is 45 he'll be broke and desperate and will be locked up for something serious and he'll be a PFO.

I'd actually bet on this if Vegas had a line with fair odds considering how many years it will take to settle the bet.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
I don't have any sympathy for the tard. The money train is over...now he might get back in the league when he's 34 but a team would be crazy to offer him over $5 million a year. He'll play maybe two more years and after that he'll end up back in prison in a few years.

I'd say by the time he is 45 he'll be broke and desperate and will be locked up for something serious and he'll be a PFO.

I'd actually bet on this if Vegas had a line with fair odds considering how many years it will take to settle the bet.
i've never been a plaxico fan, and honestly don't think the nfl will miss him...i just think the sentence is excessive.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i've never been a plaxico fan, and honestly don't think the nfl will miss him...i just think the sentence is excessive.
You should have been his lawyer then. I thought the sentence was right on. Many feel it should have been 3 or 3 1/2. No, the NFL will not miss him.