Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
That was f'ing pathetic. I don't want to hear the term 'east coast bias' ever again. Look at what California's most prestigious race produces these days.

yo yo yo. yeah, i agree with you. I never liked the Stewards down south, and they always scared me when I had horses involved. I would have taken 1/5 odds that they would take down Game On Dude. The Sutherland charm, couple with Big Bob helped them, but that was pathetic overall.

but hey, can't blame all of the west coast. The stewards in Golden Gate would have DQ'd Game On Dude.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Morris Park

at golden gate i should say. I type too fast for my own good
Old 03-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Dude, when are you going to get rid of that stupid sig.and avatar? Face it, they beat up on your boy when it mattered most. just sayin...
He has absolutely no shame. Hence the pathetic redboarding and signature.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Fairgrounds

Seems like a foul is a foul..... Only at Woodbine.

Go Canada!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Did you look at the harrow marks? It was a line right down the center of the track - there was very little shifting from GoD, enough to stay up. If he comes down, I benefit more from the bridgejumpers. I thought it was the right call.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Absolutely the right call. The question that has to be answered is did Game On Dude cause the bumping (no) and then if he did, did he cause Twirling Candy a placing (hell no). When you look at it this way, there's no question that they made the right call. Twirling Candy was done by that point and the saving grace of the whole race is that Game On Dude had enough heart to get back in front of Setsuko at the wire. If he hadn't, Setsuko would have won the damn race and Game On Dude would have been an unfair loser after he was bothered at the top of the lane.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 03-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Flemington

She hit Game on Dude to try to get him to float Candy Out coming into the stretch. Believe me, she's hitting left handed to try to come out n' make it tight on the chalk horse. Lets not kid ourselves, this happened because she wanted to make it tight. On the turn, look at the space between her horse and T Candy. Where went that space? I'll tell ya where it went. She ate that space up coming out of that turn. She hits him left and floats out (just as they are coming out of that turn.) That's why there's no room for any shifting about. She didn't have to come out much in the stretch (for there to be a problem.) She had already made it incredibly tight. This bitch mainly caused this trouble by being reckless coming into the stretch. It was more than Joel expected, and Victor had already committed to not giving him any room. Indian Charlie is correct about her coming out, but it's mainly as they came into the stretch. People aren't seeing what she did. I consider what Victor did to be borderline race riding. What she did coming off that turn is really reckless.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
Absolutely the right call. The question that has to be answered is did Game On Dude cause the bumping (no) and then if he did, did he cause Twirling Candy a placing (hell no). When you look at it this way, there's no question that they made the right call. Twirling Candy was done by that point and the saving grace of the whole race is that Game On Dude had enough heart to get back in front of Setsuko at the wire. If he hadn't, Setsuko would have won the damn race and Game On Dude would have been an unfair loser after he was bothered at the top of the lane.
She comes out as they came into the stretch. Watch her float quickly out, and Joel has to float into Setsuko. Victor reacts by giving T Candy a bump. T Candy is tired, and comes in at the same time as Chantal's horse is moving out. Chantal's horse is moving out (slightly) because she hit him 3 times lefty. I think it's really pushing it to call what she did race riding. If you're gunna let this bitch float out that much coming into the stretch (nothing new by the way) then, you're gunna have guys reacting the way Victor did (bump from the outside.) I mean it's pretty amazing that the stewards blamed a horse who the other 2 horses intentionally sandwiched at the top of the stretch.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 PM

That's not what I saw. Maybe we had different angles.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 03-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Flemington

Quote:
That's not what I saw. Maybe we had different angles.
Watch the head-on as they come in the stretch. How many lanes does she float out there? You can see that. Tell me. In an instant, the bitch takes a away Joel's room, and he has to float into Setsuko. The rest of it results from what she did right there. On the turn, you can see the space between her horse and Candy. It's not tight. Right when they straighten out into the stretch, she taps left, and floats the horse out. That's not enough. No, she hasn't made it tight enough on the chalk. She then taps lefty 3 times, and floats out a lil bit (as Candy floats in.)
Old 03-05-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
Watch the head-on as they come in the stretch. How many lanes does she float out there? You can see that. Tell me. In an instant, the bitch takes a away Joel's room, and he has to float into Setsuko. The rest of it results from what she did right there. On the turn, you can see the space between her horse and Candy. It's not tight. Right when they straighten out into the stretch, she taps left, and floats the horse out. That's not enough. No, she hasn't made it tight enough on the chalk. She then taps lefty 3 times, and floats out a lil bit (as Candy floats in.)
I watched the head on for about 12 minutes after the race waiting for the decision. Do I really have to watch it again in order to disagree with you?
Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I watched the head on for about 12 minutes after the race waiting for the decision. Do I really have to watch it again in order to disagree with you?
Yes, because you're ignoring what she did coming into the stretch. Why do you think these horses are ping ponging to begin with? She started that by forcing Joel into Setsuko as they came off that turn. People really can't see that huh. She floats out how many lanes coming into the stretch?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
Yes, because you're ignoring what she did coming into the stretch. Why do you think these horses are ping ponging to begin with? She started that by forcing Joel into Setsuko as they came off that turn. People really can't see that huh. She floats out how many lanes coming into the stretch?
There's a reason why people can't see it.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatCummings View Post
Did you look at the harrow marks? It was a line right down the center of the track - there was very little shifting from GoD, enough to stay up. If he comes down, I benefit more from the bridgejumpers. I thought it was the right call.
Did you look at the freaking replay? Game On Dude ran sideways into Twirling Candy, the only reason the course was 'straight' was because Setsuko pinballed TC back towards Game On Dude.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:16 AM
The Curragh

Twirling Candy could still very well be the best horse in the world, im not giving up. Was checked three times, still a work in progress.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar View Post
Twirling Candy could still very well be the best horse in the world, im not giving up. Was checked three times, still a work in progress.
Oy vey.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Did you look at the freaking replay? Game On Dude ran sideways into Twirling Candy, the only reason the course was 'straight' was because Setsuko pinballed TC back towards Game On Dude.
In your best estimation, why did "Game On Dude [run] sideways into Twirling Candy?"

A left-hander from Chantal drove his hind end to the outside?

His own volition?

The fact that his hind end got knocked out from behind him and incredibly simple physics dictate what happens next?

I'm not following your anger on this one.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer View Post
In your best estimation, why did "Game On Dude [run] sideways into Twirling Candy?"

A left-hander from Chantal drove his hind end to the outside?

His own volition?

The fact that his hind end got knocked out from behind him and incredibly simple physics dictate what happens next?

I'm not following your anger on this one.
I'm not following everyone being 100% positive that Twirling Candy initiated the contact. It looked extremely close. But regardless, the idea that Game On Dude 'maintained a straight course' is laughable.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
I'm not following everyone being 100% positive that Twirling Candy initiated the contact. It looked extremely close. But regardless, the idea that Game On Dude 'maintained a straight course' is laughable.
I'm not maintaining that he necessarily did, either. But is a half a path before a horse knocks your hind end a DQ offense?

We'll all have differing opinions, and at the very least, the decision was much closer/could've gone either way than your posts so far suggest.

As I told someone else tonight, I didn't bet the race, but could see the call going either way, but every time they showed the head-on, it became less and less obvious that Game On Dude should come down, and I'm glad he didn't, because you can't penalize him for the second bump, since that was TC's fault.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer View Post
I'm not maintaining that he necessarily did, either. But is a half a path before a horse knocks your hind end a DQ offense?

We'll all have differing opinions, and at the very least, the decision was much closer/could've gone either way than your posts so far suggest.

As I told someone else tonight, I didn't bet the race, but could see the call going either way, but every time they showed the head-on, it became less and less obvious that Game On Dude should come down, and I'm glad he didn't, because you can't penalize him for the second bump, since that was TC's fault.
Dude, she forced TC wide coming into the stretch, and Victor didn't give ground. Hence, TC sandwich. Then, she again taps 3 times left, and comes out as TC comes in. If people would look, they'd see there isn't all that much lateral movement involved in that, but there is no room for any lateral movement, because the bitch is so intent on making TC tight. She is not innocent in that bump. She is moving out, and he's moving in. Matter of fact, he's trying to get back to the area of the track he was on before Joel let her float him out into Setsuko. Amazing how she can come to her right as much as she wants, but T Candy is at fault the 1st time he makes a slight left. This bitch hasn't stayed straight. If she'd of stayed straight coming into the stretch, then TC wouldn't of had contact with Setsuko.