Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Fairgrounds

Watch Twirling Candy's legs right before impact with Game On Dude. He moved towards Game On Dude, causing the impact. No doubt about it. Correct call.
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
Scarface wins the Kilroe and, while I'm rooting for Quindici Man (oh shut up I'm not braindead. I know he has no shot poor guy) in the Big Cap (and I know how good Twirling Candy is, don't get me wrong) I think Aggie Engineer is gonna be sneaky good here.
... and after all that time spent trying to cap the card and all the $ Quindici Man is the only one I made on today.

Unbelievable.

Cannot believe Game On Dude wasn't taken down.

What a joke.
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Did anyone else notice the jock on GOD going to the left handed whip and GOD suddenly flying out a few lanes?

Hory cow.
Yes!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Flemington

Setsuko was the one f.ucked by this, but he had every chance to win and didn't.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Randwyck

Watch the harrow marks on the dirt and see Game On Dude's movement...that's right, you won't. He maintained a straight course.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Saratoga

I actually missed the Kilroe but am surprised no one mentioned this here (Sightseek added him to the angels list)...

RIP Lieve.
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatCummings View Post
Watch the harrow marks on the dirt and see Game On Dude's movement...that's right, you won't. He maintained a straight course.
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatCummings View Post
Are you serious? GOD maintained a straight course????????????
Old 03-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Oaklawn

I think the bouncing around was all planned to distract us from the truth of what the handicap division looks like this year.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Flemington

When did He's a Dance Star scratch?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:51 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindew View Post
Watch Twirling Candy's legs right before impact with Game On Dude. He moved towards Game On Dude, causing the impact. No doubt about it. Correct call.
You are exactly right. Twirling Candy made slight contact with Sedsuko and moved towards Game on Dude before Chantal even hit Game on Dude the first time.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
When did He's a Dance Star scratch?
During the post parade for the Big Cap
Old 03-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
You thought TC started that?
She came out a lil bit. A 10th of a second later, Candy came in. Because she had come out, there was now no room for him to come in. Therefore, there is contact. There are 3 ways this could have been avoided.

1)The bitch could of not made it tight coming out of the turn (but she did.)

2) She could of not come out in the stetch at all, but she did come out a lil bit. That's what happens when you whip left.

3) Candy could of not come in.

Now, in this case, I don't see how Baffert's excuse ( Candy was empty) is a reason to ignore the fact that Setsuko was fouled. The question is whether his horse was responsible for Setsuko being fouled by Tired Candy. Fact is that Setsuko got his nose in front, and couldn't hold it. In the judges mind, he had a decent shot to win it, and gave it up. Baffert is a very important trainer in SOCAL Racing. Mandella ain't gunna bitch like Baffert would have. Candy was tired, and hard to control. All these things are factors involved when human beings make this decision. To me, she was responsible for most of what happened, but not all of it. I do not think it was this easy call that some are saying it was. Fact is she is a pretty sloppy rider. That's why this happened. Bitch makes it tight. This would of also been a factor (for me.) If Baffert trained Setsuko, I think the girl would of been taken down. It is the type of call that lends itself to "outside factors" like the connections involved. Now, how many times have i said that Victor does not get along with the stewards in SOCAL? That didn't help. He and Nakatani aren't gunna get much help.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 03-05-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Flemington

You had a tough beat there Scav - not only the fouling - but if any jockey around now could carry a tired horse home in a dirt route - Victor Espinoza would be the one I'd want. And Chantal - not so much.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Maybe I'm biased because I hit the race but my first reaction was he is coming down for coming in on Twirling Candy. When I saw the head on I was convinced I was screwed and didnt even look at the replays again. But once it took so long I finally looked at the replay showing the horses coming into the top of the stretch from behind. From behind it appears TC turned into the right hind of GOD causing him to turn outside giving the head on the appearance of GOD causing the foul. I'm taking the rear view replay and RUNNING!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
You are exactly right. Twirling Candy made slight contact with Sedsuko and moved towards Game on Dude before Chantal even hit Game on Dude the first time.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloWishingwell View Post
Maybe I'm biased because I hit the race but my first reaction was he is coming down for coming in on Twirling Candy. When I saw the head on I was convinced I was screwed and didnt even look at the replays again. But once it took so long I finally looked at the replay showing the horses coming into the top of the stretch from behind. From behind it appears TC turned into the right hind of GOD causing him to turn outside giving the head on the appearance of GOD causing the foul. I'm taking the rear view replay and RUNNING!!!!!!!!
Baffert does not come down in that spot. I never thought I was coming down.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Idlewild Airport

TC is who we thought he was.

Correct no call. Dreadful race.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Fairgrounds

BIG CAP QUOTES:

Victor Espinoza: "It's the wrong decision. I don't know why it took so long to make the wrong decision. I think the stewards are blind. They need to have some education so people know what's going on at the races. Obviously, those three stewards, they don't know what they're looking at. How many times do they have to drop me to disqualify the horse? That's insane. I don't mind running a legitimate second, but when you knock the air out of my horse and you get beat by a head, it's just insane."

http://www.drf.com/blogs/santa-anita-espinoza-big-cap
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan07 View Post
BIG CAP QUOTES:

Victor Espinoza: "It's the wrong decision. I don't know why it took so long to make the wrong decision. I think the stewards are blind. They need to have some education so people know what's going on at the races. Obviously, those three stewards, they don't know what they're looking at. How many times do they have to drop me to disqualify the horse? That's insane. I don't mind running a legitimate second, but when you knock the air out of my horse and you get beat by a head, it's just insane."
Fine coming