Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
The Bev D might be the best betting race that I have ever seen at Arlington, I'll be using all but Romancaca and Hot Cha Cha.

The Million might be the 2nd best betting race that I have ever seen at Arlington. Word is that Gio Ponti doesn't look all that great, and even on the sheets he is one of many. Should have plenty of opportunities to make some scores.
I hope that means we hit the pick 3, because if GP doesn't win, it should pay a ton better!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Good luck Thomas.
Because I'm a busy boy the next 48 hours

7: 2
8: 1,4
9: 1,3,4,6,7,9,10
10: 2,3,4,7,8,9,10

8: 1,4
9: 1,3,4,6,7,9,10
10: 2,3,4,7,8,9,10

Presses on Paddy

R4 I think Recapturetheglory is a great win bet, should be under the radar with Giant Oak, Gran Estreno, and the one less win Exchanging Kisses.

The rest of the card is better then expected. R1 looks like Catalano and R2 is unbettable.

Last race, I think Tellme All aboutIt could be tough but would use with Catinatree. I also think Surfer Rosa is gonna run a big race. She will be extreme value in the Exacta's and tri's.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Del Mar

The more I look the more Paddy just looks like a single.

I'm starting to really like Gypsy's Warning in the Bev D.

I think Debussy is the Euro you want in the Million, but I'll use all three trying to beat Gio, even though I'm a fan.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Flemington

I'm tossing Paddy for Jamie Spencer. I'm tossing Gio for a 5 deep spread, and I don't think the Beverly D is that wide open, I'm leaning on Mott and the 1.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315 View Post

I think Debussy is the Euro you want in the Million, but I'll use all three trying to beat Gio, even though I'm a fan.
The only person I listen to in regards to handicapping is Brockguy, he tells me this horse can beat him, so I gotta use him, how much will depend on how they bet the horse.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Flemington

Quote:
The only person I listen to in regards to handicapping is Brockguy, he tells me this horse can beat him, so I gotta use him, how much will depend on how they bet the horse.

I might be calling Saturday for live play by play.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315 View Post

I don't see Debussy at all. He looks like he wants some cut in the ground and seems a little off form. Tactically I think Tazeez is the best of the Euros by far and he's the one I'm using.

NT
Old 08-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Flemington

Goodnight Nickey, Thomas and Brian.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Last race, I think Tellme All aboutIt could be tough but would use with Catinatree. I also think Surfer Rosa is gonna run a big race. She will be extreme value in the Exacta's and tri's.
Wow, she got the post in Siberia.

Wigmore Hall is beating older in England so he is obviously talented. He may be up against it with the closing from the clouds style in a short field and one of the speeds scratching. Assuming Kent has Paddy stalking and getting first jump then he should win. I can't single him though.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:26 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I was thinking the same thing but his trainer said in the DRF article that since he's a gelding, they've been looking for bigger money spots. He also said that if he were to run him in group company his rating would go up and he'd have to carry more weight.

Here's the story: http://www.drf.com/news/gentler-wigm...ng-secretariat

NT
Michael Bell has gone up ten fold in my eyes by using my favourite phrase "See you next Tuesday"

Wigmore Hall has a great chance - his RPR are a bit lower than I thought they would be, but he is a rapidly improving 3yo and his last run was mightily impressive!*

#Grand
Old 08-20-2010, 05:14 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
I don't see Debussy at all. He looks like he wants some cut in the ground and seems a little off form. Tactically I think Tazeez is the best of the Euros by far and he's the one I'm using.

NT
I think it's pretty futile trying to determine which Euros like what type of ground. . . I also don't think he's off form at all. I give him mild excuses for his last two and neither was a terrible try. He'll save ground sitting right behind Tazeez and the 5 and I'd rather have him than a six-year-old gelding. I'm still using all three, though.

Last edited by hockey2315 : 08-20-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Arlington Park

Interesting that Gerald Butler 'the trainer' not actor, onced worked for D Wayne Lukas. Pathattack has a good draw and has all the looks of a dangerous Euro, I'll use both her and Summit Surge in the Million and Bev D.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:

NT
Summit Surge needs fast ground, he doesn't like cut in the ground, with 60% chance of precipitation for Sat, hopefully for him if it does rain it will be during the day of the race. There is a big difference from a course that is soaked with rain overnight and a firm course that is exposed to rain during the day of the races, a yielding course can still produce fast times, this is how I judge if a course is truly soft.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:

NT
That's completely how I felt looking at the race on paper, but after seeing the pair of them together in the morning the last two days, I'm not quite as sure as I was before. On paper, I don't see how Debussy gets the job done, but oh my, this guy in the mornings....

One word that describes Debussy since settling into Arlington? Swagger.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 PM
The Curragh

In for the Aaron Vercruysse long shots tonight on HRTV, they preview the races at 7:30 CST
Old 08-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Fairgrounds

got a little rain overnight, but with rain having moved out for the most part... track will be good, drying out to firm turf as soon as the sun comes out.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer View Post
That's completely how I felt looking at the race on paper, but after seeing the pair of them together in the morning the last two days, I'm not quite as sure as I was before. On paper, I don't see how Debussy gets the job done, but oh my, this guy in the mornings....

One word that describes Debussy since settling into Arlington? Swagger.
I've been sucked in by morning work looks before, but totally agree with NTamm. Very few non-accomplished foreign shippers run their career best race in the Arlington Million.

Summit Surge just ran the best race of his career...will he double up? Debussy does not class up to these and was still beaten by Summit Surge last time. Tazeez fits most - his third in the Prince of Wales's was a monster effort in a great race and he gets back to ten furlongs. He'll be the only Euro on my tickets in the race.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Arlington Park

1st race in 1:02.04 on yielding-good turf. Not much cut in the ground.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Flemington

Nice win for Mr. D.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Arlington Park

Summit Surge and Debussy are going off at a nice price, key them to win and over Gio Ponti and you make pick up a slick win/exacta.