Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Jerome Park

Default Its a Small World

I just moved down to South Florida to work on this 123racing.com project and moved into a condo near the beach. One of my neighbors, who I met this evening, is also involved in the horse racing industry. Cool story.

He is an older gentlemen by the name of Dash Goff, he owns and pinhooks horses, and he gave me a Fred Stone print and scrapbook from his most famous horse, Nodouble.

Nodouble was a great horse who even beat Damascus back in the late 60's. He won the Michigan Mile (beating damascus), The Hawthorne Gold Cup twice (once in 1:59 1/5), the Brooklyn Handicap (2:00 2/5 against wind in backstretch), The Metropolitan Handicap (track record at the time 1:34 3/5 against the wind again), the San Pasqual Handicap (1:40 2/5 for mile 1/16 - track record), the Californian Stakes (1:40 2/5), the Santa Anita Handicap (2:01 4/5), the Arkansas Derby (1:50 mile 1/8).

He also has horses with Bob Holthus, who is an old friend of mine (old in the relative terms that I am only 23). It is such a small world!!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Balletto

Where in South Florida did you move to? I was born and raised in South Florida. Most my family is still down there.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:21 PM
ezrabrooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
I just moved down to South Florida to work on this 123racing.com project and moved into a condo near the beach. One of my neighbors, who I met this evening, is also involved in the horse racing industry. Cool story.

He is an older gentlemen by the name of Dash Goff, he owns and pinhooks horses, and he gave me a Fred Stone print and scrapbook from his most famous horse, Nodouble.

Nodouble was a great horse who even beat Damascus back in the late 60's. He won the Michigan Mile (beating damascus), The Hawthorne Gold Cup twice (once in 1:59 1/5), the Brooklyn Handicap (2:00 2/5 against wind in backstretch), The Metropolitan Handicap (track record at the time 1:34 3/5 against the wind again), the San Pasqual Handicap (1:40 2/5 for mile 1/16 - track record), the Californian Stakes (1:40 2/5), the Santa Anita Handicap (2:01 4/5), the Arkansas Derby (1:50 mile 1/8).

He also has horses with Bob Holthus, who is an old friend of mine (old in the relative terms that I am only 23). It is such a small world!!
What exactly is 123racing.com?

Ez
Old 10-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balletto
Where in South Florida did you move to? I was born and raised in South Florida. Most my family is still down there.
Ft Lauderdale, Las Olas area. it is very nice down here
Old 10-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabrooks
What exactly is 123racing.com?

Ez
123racing.com is an online handicapping contest. We offer competitions from different race tracks (all New Zealand tracks, all UK tracks, Woodbine, NYRA, Meadowlands, Monmouth, Freehold).

Join (free) the 123racing.com website and enter for free into the competitions. Top three finishers in points split $1,000 prize. You are allowed to pick one horse per race and get points on where that horse finishes. 3 pts for 1st, 2 pts for 2nd and 1 pt for 3rd, plus the mutuel payout as bonus points (longshots get more bonus points).

We have over 8,000 people joined on the site so you can compete against usually 2500 people per competition. You can also track your friends score's and compete against your friends. Check it out. Feedback is always appreciated.