Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Del Mar

Default Kasept/Oracle

I know you are both fans of Attilas Storm. What are your thoughts regarding his chances tomorrow in the very tough Vosburgh? Can he outsprint Henny to the lead?

You both know who I like. War Front. Think the race sets up perfectly for him, much like the Vanderbilt at Toga. He has to beat Silver Train, in my opinion its these 2.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Hollywood Park

I think Attila's Storm gets the lead easy and same with you love War Front in this one. Only thing to be careful of is Silver Train drew the outside meaning no horse next to him and since only 5 horses in this 1, #5 is not a bad place to be. Henny Hughes got the rail and he will be boxed in with no place to go, the rail is the death in these types of races.

Who's the Cowboy gets a nice price(20/1) may get up there if Silver Train does not fire
Old 10-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Idlewild Airport

THis is his prep. He isn't supposed to win this, and that is a seriously tough layoff against this caliber.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
THis is his prep. He isn't supposed to win this, and that is a seriously tough layoff against this caliber.

Good point Randall.. The trainers for all the other horses are probably thinking BC next... except Dutrow for SILVER TRAIN. It's highly unlikely they ship him to Churchill.. this is his BC, being at Belmont(his favorite track--by far ) I think he gets it done, again.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyneedsawin
Good point Randall.. The trainers for all the other horses are probably thinking BC next... except Dutrow for SILVER TRAIN. It's highly unlikely they ship him to Churchill.. this is his BC, being at Belmont(his favorite track--by far ) I think he gets it done, again.
Zippy, I'll let price be my guide tomorrow. I think Silver and War Front are closer than people think, the Tom Fool sort of proved that out, but if War Front is significantly higher in price I'd have to play there, even though I think Silver Train is the more likely winner....Henny is a monster but he has to show me against older just like Wait a While did last week.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Zippy, I'll let price be my guide tomorrow. I think Silver and War Front are closer than people think, the Tom Fool sort of proved that out, but if War Front is significantly higher in price I'd have to play there, even though I think Silver Train is the more likely winner....Henny is a monster but he has to show me against older just like Wait a While did last week.

I have a lot of respect for War Front.. I watched the replay of the Tom Fool the other day, and you're right, they're very close. If War Front stays close to his morning line odds (7/2), he's a very smart value play. I think Silver Train may actually be higher that he should be too(6/5 is about right to me), because a lot of money will be dumped on HH. It will be interesting to see where the odds shake out...
Old 10-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Hollywood Park

Well Silver Train should and will take alot of money. Question is do people think Henny Hughes can get the lead and take it around going on the rail?? IF so you might even be able to get a little better odds on War Front
Old 10-06-2006, 01:00 PM
oracle80

Its a prep Tim, its not the end all of his existence. Hes also had surgery, I wouldn't bet him tomorrow against three very fast horses who are in form, no way.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:01 PM
The Curragh

atillas storm sucks
Old 10-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Del Mar

Okay the more I look at this race, the less confident I am in War Front. He seems to run his best races off layoffs of at least 2-3 months. While he has had time off (1 month), I am not crazy about how hard hes being worked.
While I definetely think he can win and break this tendency to only run huge numbers off layoffs, his price wont be any better than 3/1 in here.

I am starting to think Attillas Storm will be more than just a pace factor in here. Fresh speed is the best speed. I think this horse clears off and will take a lot of catching. This trainer's numbers off layoffs are pretty good and his price will be in the neighborhood of 6/1. Might be the only real huge value of the field.

While I love War Front, I dont consider 3/1 value on too many horses.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyneedsawin
read on drf earlier today that dutrow is backing off those comments. there is a very good chance that ST will be trying to repeat as bc sprint winner!

and i'll be pulling for war front. a bit of a bias i suppose!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Hollywood Park

War Front opens 6/1???