Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Del Mar

Default Trainers Love the New Track at Hollywood

I haven't heard a single bad word about the new cushiontrack at Hollywood. Everybody absolutely loves it. They all think it's great to train on. However, there is no guarantee that they will love it once once they start racing over it. Horses may get over the surface fine when they're just galloping slowly over it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will get a good grip of it when they are running their hardest in a race. I'm hopeful that all the horses will like it, but I realize that it's still too early to tell.

Anyway, the good news is that so far I haven't heard any complaints. As of right now, things couldn't look any better. Hopefully things will look just as good once they start racing over it.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:11 AM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Question

I heard that some of the rubber is getting stuck in the horses shoes and needs to be sifted
Old 09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Santa Anita

Any new surface will have some adjustments that are necessary.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
I haven't heard a single bad word about the new cushiontrack at Hollywood. Everybody absolutely loves it. They all think it's great to train on. However, there is no guarantee that they will love it once once they start racing over it. Horses may get over the surface fine when they're just galloping slowly over it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will get a good grip of it when they are running their hardest in a race. I'm hopeful that all the horses will like it, but I realize that it's still too early to tell.

Anyway, the good news is that so far I haven't heard any complaints. As of right now, things couldn't look any better. Hopefully things will look just as good once they start racing over it.
Sounds like a good thing. Anything that cuts down on injuries and deaths to the horses gets my approval.
I hope the run as well over it as they train on it.
We'll know soon enough.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Sounds like a good thing. Anything that cuts down on injuries and deaths to the horses gets my approval.
I hope the run as well over it as they train on it.
We'll know soon enough.
The trainers say that training over it is incredible. When the horses come back from their gallops every day, they look great. You don't see any puffy ankles or anything like that. Not only that, but horses who normally travel really bad are moving fine over this track.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
The trainers say that training over it is incredible. When the horses come back from their gallops every day, they look great. You don't see any puffy ankles or anything like that. Not only that, but horses who normally travel really bad are moving fine over this track.
That's good to hear. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Santa Anita

Yes thanks much for the first hand reports. It sounds real good and I hope the horses just love to run over it in the real deal.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Del Mar

WHen does Holywood start?