Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Society Selection

Its so easy to say *the Jackson's would have saved any of their horses,* but the fact is, you will never know that. I'd love to believe that to be true, but to be perfectly honest, this horse was the Kentucky Derby winner, of course they will make more of an effort to save him. I'm not denying that the Jackson's have lots of money and wouldn't need the money from breeding rights, but we shouldn't have blinders on to the possibility that a 5K claimer at Mountaineer Park would not be at the New Bolton Center right now.

But like paisjpq said, its not worth debating because they did it for this horse and his recovery has been amazing thus far.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:02 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Society Selection
Its so easy to say *the Jackson's would have saved any of their horses,* but the fact is, you will never know that. I'd love to believe that to be true, but to be perfectly honest, this horse was the Kentucky Derby winner, of course they will make more of an effort to save him. I'm not denying that the Jackson's have lots of money and wouldn't need the money from breeding rights, but we shouldn't have blinders on to the possibility that a 5K claimer at Mountaineer Park would not be at the New Bolton Center right now.

But like paisjpq said, its not worth debating because they did it for this horse and his recovery has been amazing thus far.
Maybe, but Gretchen Jackson sits on the Board of Overseers for the University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School and her exact words "When you own a horse, it's your responsibility to care for that horse" ring pretty true with them. Han**** and Jackson are really the two big forces in the business pushing the anti-slaugher legislation in the house right now.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
I have a much worse feeling about this than you do. I'm worried he is starting to take a turn. Not a good week in terms of info on him.
I agree with you, when they said he had an infection in the sole of his good back foot I became alarmed for Barbaro. I spent the last year and a half battling a severe case of laminitis with my own horse, the signs like this are very scary, as someone who has traveled this road I am sure going to pray that Barbaro continues to have a good attitude, believe me, it is extremely important in this disease.