Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
He also suggests his sources say...

Jarret Jack to be traded to Brooklyn. In exchange for Marcus Thorton (who will also be dealt away from Cavs)

He also believes that it is probable that Kevin Love will be traded to the Cavs -- in exchange for Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a draft choice.

Lebron, Love, and Irving could possibly make up a new Big 3.

I would keep Bennett and WIggins.... Even though that big 3 would be better then Wade, Bosh and Lebron right now.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I think you know what I mean. And he has played more basketball then anyone the last 10 years. He shows no signs at all of slowing down or losing a step. Playoffs every year, Olympics, never ever injured. Because I respect you're opinion, how much longer do you think he is the best player in the world? I say its at least 4 maybe 5 years.
He showed signs last year. His defense was far below par for him as he was coasting alot. Not saying that he is not still the best player but he has definitely peaked and those minutes will start taking their toll at some point.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I would keep Bennett and WIggins.... Even though that big 3 would be better then Wade, Bosh and Lebron right now.
The only place bennett should be considered Big is the dinner table
Old 07-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
He showed signs last year. His defense was far below par for him as he was coasting alot. Not saying that he is not still the best player but he has definitely peaked and those minutes will start taking their toll at some point.
And this is exactly why he should leave now. How many players ever have had to be the best at everything on there team? Lebron does everything for Miami, he defends David West one night and Paul George the next in the Conference Finals. At least Cleveland has young bodies in Waiters, Irving, Wiggins, Zeller... .
Old 07-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Longchamps

looking more and more like Cleveland

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ree-Team-Trade
Old 07-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Sha Tin

Drugs info looks good this am
Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I would have never moved Zeller.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Flemington

And now they are about to add Ray Allen and Mike Miller. I'm off to lids to get a size 8 Cave fitted. I saw a nice limited edition breast cancer awareness one.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I hope it's not Cleveland. Can't see a James/Irving pairing helping either player. And there's no defensive big man.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I would have never moved Zeller.
Teams dont want those bums with big contracts for nothing
Old 07-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
And now they are about to add Ray Allen and Mike Miller. I'm off to lids to get a size 8 Cave fitted. I saw a nice limited edition breast cancer awareness one.
More defensive stalwarts...
Old 07-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
More defensive stalwarts...
We've tired of defense and fired Mike Brown not once but twice. It's only offense now. Even brought in a guy well versed in European offensive basketball to coach them. I guess Wiggins can play defense but he only drafted as trade bait to bring in even more offense.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Bruce Drennan claims his source is "impeccable" and says he's "as reliable as it gets"

I'm sure it's someone high-ranking within the Cavs origination.

He think it's a done deal.

He says if it doesn't happen, or it falls through...it's because Lebron jerked off the Cavs and suddenly changed his mind.

The guy has spent 40+ years covering sports, and has been on the air in Cleveland for a long time.

His Rolodex isn't as impressive with horse racing, as it is with Cleveland Sports. He always calls on Mike Watchmaker to come on his show whenever he talks horse racing.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Bruce Drennan claims his source is "impeccable" and says he's "as reliable as it gets"

I'm sure it's someone high-ranking within the Cavs origination.

He think it's a done deal.

He says if it doesn't happen, or it falls through...it's because Lebron jerked off the Cavs and suddenly changed his mind.

The guy has spent 40+ years covering sports, and has been on the air in Cleveland for a long time.

His Rolodex isn't as impressive with horse racing, as it is with Cleveland Sports. He always calls on Mike Watchmaker to come on his show whenever he talks horse racing.
Drennan is ancient. I'm close to 50 and I remember in my teens watching Drennan do Indians baseball on TV in the early 80s when they were unbelievably horrible. We used to make fun of his fake optimism!! Good homer! I'm shocked he's not retired. I still don't trust LeBron with all of this. I still have a part of me that thinks he is rightly just screwing with Gilbert. I also find it odd that he's going there having not met with the new coach or new GM either. Doesn't make sense.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Drennan is ancient. I'm close to 50 and I remember in my teens watching Drennan do Indians baseball on TV in the early 80s when they were unbelievably horrible.

Quote:
I still don't trust LeBron with all of this. I still have a part of me that thinks he is rightly just screwing with Gilbert. I also find it odd that he's going there having not met with the new coach or new GM either. Doesn't make sense.
I guess an old high-school friend and teammate of his was coached by this guy, when he coached in Europe.

Lebron's agent and the Cavs GM have met on multiple occasions, and they're willing to do whatever Lebron wants to get him to Cleveland.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Santa Anita

Drennan is only 64....I wikipediaed him. So he must have only been around 30 when he started doing Tribe TV work which I think is when he first showed up in Cleveland. I'm still not quite buying LeBron coming this year. IT just doesn't seem right.

here are the interesting nuggets on Drennan.....after reading this it's hard to not think he may not be all there with his stuff or "sources". Maybe he's right about this but the guy is several bricks short of a full load.

In September 2004 Drennan's home in Strongsville, Ohio was raided by FBI and IRS agents as part of a sports-gambling investigation. He subsequently lost his job at WKNR because of the investigation and served as host on an online radio station.

In April 2006 Drennan was charged with two counts of filing false tax returns. He later agreed to a plea bargain and served five months in prison.[3]

There's a cadre of radio sports morons in that city. Roda, Trivissano, Drennan come immediately to mind. But I think that's redundant and present in every city with major league sports.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

He was a gambler and a bookmaker. It's why his show on Fox Sports Ohio is called 'All Bets Are Off'

It's official. Lebron returning to Cleveland.

Trade attempt for Kevin Love is next.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Flemington

I'm not sure I move Wiggins. They win the East as is.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
I'm not sure I move Wiggins. They win the East as is.
Thought it was pretty telling in his letter he mentioned by name Irving, Thompson, Waiters, and Varejao and playing with them.

the notable missing names were Wiggins and Bennett. Maybe accidental, but I think those two at least would go in a trade for Love.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Thought it was pretty telling in his letter he mentioned by name Irving, Thompson, Waiters, and Varejao and playing with them.

the notable missing names were Wiggins and Bennett. Maybe accidental, but I think those two at least would go in a trade for Love.
I agree with you, it was odd. I just don't think its such a slam dunk. Wiggins will be great and Lebron only helps that. Minnesota is losing Love anyway. Cavs should not overpay for him.