Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Fairgrounds

Default Major Thanks

Today was my first time seeing Sumwon race live. Despite the fourth place finish, the day couldn't have been more enjoyable. Having the opportunity to meet so many partners all with a common bond was great. Getting to meet Steve's proud parents was really nice. Being able to enter the paddock at Saratoga to watch our horse being saddled was incredible. After the race, Chuck came back over within minutes to tell us all she came back ok. Steve was so hospitable, hosting a lunch for the partners and talking to each one of us as if we were all important parts of this machine. Going back to the barn after the fifth race to see Sumwon and finding two other partners already there was priceless. I got lots of pictures (she is a big ham for the cameras).

I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again, but this was the best $500 I ever spent. Major thanks to Steve and Chuck for letting us be a part of this amazing ride.

Paul
Old 08-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Golden Gate

Very well said and I agree with everything. This was my first visit to the Spa, first time meeting Steve, and first time seeing Sumwon race in person. Today was one of the most enjoyable days that I have ever had. Big thanks to Chuck, Steve, Cherie, all the Dee Tee members, and all others who have had a hand in this partnership. While a fourth is not what we had hoped, we still have a horse that ran that fourth in a Saratoga allowance race! This is more than I had ever dreamed of when I sent the agreement in.

Steve, the hospitality that you offered my friends, the other members, and I today far exceeded my expectations. I would have been thrilled with a simple handshake and a "nice to meet you", but you went way above and beyond.