Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Hoisttheflag

Default Silver Train to Suburban Handicap

His next start is expected to be the Suburban Handicap. Doubt he can stretch out that far but smart to take a chance on that track.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Secretariat

i doubt it as well, but its dutrow at home with dr allday.
so doubt takes a back seat to science.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Washington Park

People questioned Frankel when he asked his sprinter - Ghostzapper - to go two turns. Worked out okay for him if I remember correctly . Granted the Zapper was bred to go long being by Awesome Again and out of a Relaunch mare. Silver Train is by Old Trieste (Sinister Minister, Minister Eric), the speedster lethal at up to 9f in his career against lesser and very talented on his day. Also, Silver Train is out of a mare by Cormorant who is the oldest living sire of a Kentucky Derby winner (Go for Gin) and also sired Gander who knew his way around two turns. Personally I like the decision of keeping him at Belmont and trying to go longer. He could cap at 9f or so but I think with some luck he can get 10f.

~dustin
Old 05-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Saturday_in_May
People questioned Frankel when he asked his sprinter - Ghostzapper - to go two turns. Worked out okay for him if I remember correctly . Granted the Zapper was bred to go long being by Awesome Again and out of a Relaunch mare. Silver Train is by Old Trieste (Sinister Minister, Minister Eric), the speedster lethal at up to 9f in his career against lesser and very talented on his day. Also, Silver Train is out of a mare by Cormorant who is the oldest living sire of a Kentucky Derby winner (Go for Gin) and also sired Gander who knew his way around two turns. Personally I like the decision of keeping him at Belmont and trying to go longer. He could cap at 9f or so but I think with some luck he can get 10f.

~dustin
That horse is more Pico Central than Ghostzapper (he was a 10F horse, so I am not sure who questioned Frankel) but it is smart because he loves that Track. That race is probably will come up light anyway. I wonder if Sun King goes in that race too because he looked like he wanted a little more distance.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Secretariat

intereswting analogy dustin,
it seems like he is looking for a new St Liam himself these days. funny, this one they want to stretch out, and Sun king they want to shorten up, LOL
Old 05-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat
intereswting analogy dustin,
it seems like he is looking for a new St Liam himself these days. funny, this one they want to stretch out, and Sun king they want to shorten up, LOL

They don't want to stretch out Silver Train, they just want another race over Belmont. I would imagine the Vosburgh and BC Sprint are his two targets for the fall.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Narragansett Park

1st Saturday, you my friend are high as a kite. Please never mention Ghostzapper's name in the same sentence as any current races horses.