Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...480226,00.html

This is an interesting read. I'm not one to jump on conspiracy theories, but when 3 members of a ROYAL Saudi family die within one week of each other, and its not like they were old men... right after they were exposed by a very high profile terrorist, it makes you wonder.
Some conspiracy theories are very interesting. My point is that there are deep and convoluted complexities in the middle east, centuries old, including tribal ties, that we as Americans have a very difficult time understanding. Carter got it.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Well I'm caught up.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
I don't remember him calling Bush 'comrade'. Guess those amazing caribean dancers so close to each other changed it all. Since Hummer has been sold off to the Chinese are they now going to make the Humvees for the military or are we going to downsize and transport troops by bicycle?
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...49F0K720081016
Old 06-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
But even if we assume there are six million Muslims in the US, that makes it only the 34th biggest Muslim country in the world
Just out of curiosity, how many countries are there in the world?
Old 06-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Some conspiracy theories are very interesting. My point is that there are deep and convoluted complexities in the middle east, centuries old, including tribal ties, that we as Americans have a very difficult time understanding. Carter got it.
He did????
Old 06-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Coach Pants

F.uck yeah we have more muslims than Luxembourg. Take that up your ass sideways, Luxembourgistanis!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Arlington Park

I guess I just don't understand why this is a thread-worthy issue.
He said it would be "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world."
Well, using dellinger's numbers, there are 33 nations in the world with a larger Muslim population than the United States, and 160 nations in the world with a smaller Muslim population. Does that make it "one of the largest?" Well, it is in the top 20th percentile. Does that make him so terribly wrong in the statement he made that he is unquestionably "wrong again." I guess it does for some, but it seems to me that it all depends on each person's relative definition of "largest."
I think the bigger question is.....who gives a crap?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
scared white men
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
He did????

I think he meant

Attachment 1265

Last edited by geeker2 : 04-26-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Keeneland

why didn't he say we're the largest Christian Country in the world #1

and by the way in Judeo-Christian terms #2

so we're right behind Burkina Fasoin terms of muslims? Get a clue!! fast please

Guess we need to debate the definition of what is means again?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Coach Pants

Americans haven't had a clue in over 40 years. What makes you think that's going to change now?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Well, using dellinger's numbers, there are 33 nations in the world with a larger Muslim population than the United States, and 160 nations in the world with a smaller Muslim population. Does that make it "one of the largest?" Well, it is in the top 20th percentile. Does that make him so terribly wrong in the statement he made that he is unquestionably "wrong again." I guess it does for some, but it seems to me that it all depends on each person's relative definition of "largest."
you're just in plain terms an idiot. Less than 1% of our population is muslim. We qualify like China because of population. Kind of like we're the most violent country based on murders when no one is buying vacation properties in Mexico, Iraq, Iran, etc etc
Old 06-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Americans haven't had a clue in over 40 years. What makes you think that's going to change now?
Dancing With The Stars and American Idol run and owned by a British nutjob. All is good and improving!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
you're just in plain terms an idiot.
Glad we could keep this civil.
Although, this is obviously such an important issue, that I guess I get why your decision to resort to name-calling might be understandable.
Obviously the United States would qualify only because of the overall size of the population. It is nowhere near the top in terms of the percentage of the population. That is obvious. It also has nothing at all to do with my point.
Perhaps he should have said, "the United States has a larger number of Muslim residents than the vast majority of nations on the planet." Would that have been acceptable to you?

Last edited by miraja2 : 06-03-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Glad we could keep this civil.
Although, this is obviously such an important issue, that I guess I get why your decision to resort to name-calling might be understandable.
Obviously the United States would qualify only because of the overall size of the population. It is nowhere near the top in terms of the percentage of the population. That is obvious. It also has nothing at all to do with my point.
Perhaps he should have said, "the United States has a larger number of Muslim residents than the vast majority of nations on the planet." Would that have been acceptable to you?
No he should have said less than 1% of our country is Muslim but despite that the 99% plus who are not Muslim elected a President with a Muslim father and a Muslim background. He should have also explained why he was raised Christian. I'm sure with the great tollerance the Muslim people have shown lately he would have been applauded or beheaded.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:

This was my point, also. The only ones who care about this are the ones looking for a reason for this president to fail. All hail Rush Limbaugh! Or bow to him, or whatever it is you do to him. I think I know what you would do to him, if you got the chance!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyep59
This was my point, also. The only ones who care about this are the ones looking for a reason for this president to fail. All hail Rush Limbaugh! Or bow to him, or whatever it is you do to him. I think I know what you would do to him, if you got the chance!
If the subject was not thread worthy why all the responses? and more to the point why are YOU responding?

بارك الله فيكم الأمريكية
Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
If the subject was not thread worthy why all the responses? and more to the point why are YOU responding?

بارك الله فيكم الأمريكية

Why not ME??? I voice my opinion here when i need to, and this time I needed to. it's my opinion that you hate the president, or democrats, or blacks and I'm just wondering why??
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Why not ME??? I voice my opinion here when i need to, and this time I needed to. it's my opinion that you hate the president, or democrats, or blacks and I'm just wondering why??
Two out of three
Old 06-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Then I guess the thread was worthy. And as I said I don't hate the Pres. I fear him!