Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Indian Blessing coming back quickly

Baffert's pointing her to the Humana Distaff on Derby day. I know Fat Man is skipping around at the news.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/102951.html

NT
Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Yeah, I working towards arranging a match race between IB and Commentator. As part of the agreement, we'll pick out the tightest turn bull track in the country and insist that Johnny V rides Commentator and Prado stays on Indian Blessing, with Channing Hill subbing in case either of the 2 gets thrown over the outer rail. Which we know won't happen, since JV and Prado just love riding the rail.

Catch Hill on that turf ride yesterday, Nick? The tight turns in SA are just what the doctor ordered for him.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
Yeah, I working towards arranging a match race between IB and Commentator. As part of the agreement, we'll pick out the tightest turn bull track in the country and insist that Johnny V rides Commentator and Prado stays on Indian Blessing, with Channing Hill subbing in case either of the 2 gets thrown over the outer rail. Which we know won't happen, since JV and Prado just love riding the rail.

Catch Hill on that turf ride yesterday, Nick? The tight turns in SA are just what the doctor ordered for him.

I did catch that ride...he's been absolutely deplorable since going out there. There's no denying he's still pillow soft too.

I can only hope your match race materializes. Of course, we'd have to find a way for Rosario to get a mount.

NT
Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
Baffert's pointing her to the Humana Distaff on Derby day. I know Fat Man is skipping around at the news.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/102951.html

NT

I looked at the Humana Distaff nominations and noted that Ventura, Seventh Street, Informed Decision, Secret Gypsy, and Game Face are also nominated. Should be an awesome race if even a few of these run. I would think Indian Blessing would scare a few of them off despite running so quick after returning from Dubai.

I wonder how Ventura will handle her first lifetime start on the dirt if she runs. Her sire, Chester House, produced last year's Met Mile winner Divine Park.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahadur
I looked at the Humana Distaff nominations and noted that Ventura, Seventh Street, Informed Decision, Secret Gypsy, and Game Face are also nominated. Should be an awesome race if even a few of these run. I would think Indian Blessing would scare a few of them off despite running so quick after returning from Dubai.

I wonder how Ventura will handle her first lifetime start on the dirt if she runs. Her sire, Chester House, produced last year's Met Mile winner Divine Park.
I agree. I don't know the likelihood of Ventura running but I know that the Humana Distaff was discussed as a possible spot for Seventh Street and Secret Gypsy has been pointed there since she won the Distaff. If Informed Decision also shows up, it'll be a terrific race.

NT
Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
I agree. I don't know the likelihood of Ventura running but I know that the Humana Distaff was discussed as a possible spot for Seventh Street and Secret Gypsy has been pointed there since she won the Distaff. If Informed Decision also shows up, it'll be a terrific race.

NT
Has to be under some consideration if Frankel nominated her (his other nomination is Lovely Isle who would be totally overmatched). I know Frankel loves to run his horses on Derby Day.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Has to be under some consideration if Frankel nominated her (his other nomination is Lovely Isle who would be totally overmatched). I know Frankel loves to run his horses on Derby Day.

He will probably run her on Derby Day......in the mile turf race.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
1-5 he'll scratch.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
He will probably run her on Derby Day......in the mile turf
race.
Didn't see her in the nominees for the mile turf race. Frankel could be waiting for the G1 race on Belmont day.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Havre de Grace

I think she either runs in the Humana Distaff or waits for the Just a Game.

NT