Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I love how anytime someone decides to sh.it on Lukas the first horse brought up is Going Wild. What about Serena's Song? Or his countless other champions?

Speaking of running horses into the ground, Larry Jones is becoming quite the horse demolisher. He'd better start wearing a bigger sombrero to the track so people won't notice him.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Yeah...I mean I agree with all the Lukas haters on here. The guy has been horrible for the game. All those champions he trained. Pure luck. And get this.....during the Oaklawn meet this year, when he had a winner, he took a little kid into the winner's circle for the picture. What a total a-hole huh?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOL JACK
Ken Ramsey: "Wes, What the hell were you thinking running a future G1 winner for a 20k tag? What are you a F'n idiot?"

Wes Ward: "Mr. Ramsey he (general quarters) just wasn't taking to my microwave program. He wouldn't even respond to being plugged in out of the gate, during the mock 2 furlong trial runs in the morning. He couldn't even outrun my Bring the Heat filly last Febuary. I'm really sorry Mr. Ramsey, I just never thought of giving a son of Sky Mesa out of an Unbridled Song mare time to mature.
Please, just don't give Notonthesamepage and Cannonball to Maker. I know I told you that NOTSP would stretch out but, we still have the Matt Winn at CHD."
The ironic part is that this is the horse he has been waiting on his whole life. The one who can win 1st out early in his 2 yo year and still be around to win Triple crown preps and have a semi legit shot in the Derby. Just makes it a better story, at least for me.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I love how anytime someone decides to sh.it on Lukas the first horse brought up is Going Wild. What about Serena's Song? Or his countless other champions?
just think if theregoesjojo was a lukas horse...he runs back off two weeks, not a peep. or mott running hold me back in his 3 yo debut vs stakes co, or square eddie still going for the derby off of probably one prep. but lukas, who isn't even in the limelight, is still everyone's trainer to hate on. but there's others who do the same as he has done....lol crazy stuff.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
just think if theregoesjojo was a lukas horse...he runs back off two weeks, not a peep. or mott running hold me back in his 3 yo debut vs stakes co, or square eddie still going for the derby off of probably one prep. but lukas, who isn't even in the limelight, is still everyone's trainer to hate on. but there's others who do the same as he has done....lol crazy stuff.
Let's face it Lukas has destroyed some pretty good horses, even some before they got a chance to be great. However on the other hand he has gotten the best performances out of others on the biggest stages as much as anyone ever. The thing that he should be most notorious for is making the "supertrainer" acceptable in non-claiming circles. That will be his lasting legacy and his most negative impact on the sport.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Let's face it Lukas has destroyed some pretty good horses, even some before they got a chance to be great. However on the other hand he has gotten the best performances out of others on the biggest stages as much as anyone ever. The thing that he should be most notorious for is making the "supertrainer" acceptable in non-claiming circles. That will be his lasting legacy and his most negative impact on the sport.

I think you are mad because you weren't chosen by Lukas after one of his wins to go in the winner's circle with him.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonegossard
I think you are mad because you weren't chosen by Lukas after one of his wins to go in the winner's circle with him.
He told me that I could cash his Pick 6 tickets for 5%
Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOL JACK
Ken Ramsey: "Wes, What the hell were you thinking running a future G1 winner for a 20k tag? What are you a F'n idiot?"

Wes Ward: "Mr. Ramsey he (general quarters) just wasn't taking to my microwave program. He wouldn't even respond to being plugged in out of the gate, during the mock 2 furlong trial runs in the morning. He couldn't even outrun my Bring the Heat filly last Febuary. I'm really sorry Mr. Ramsey, I just never thought of giving a son of Sky Mesa out of an Unbridled Song mare time to mature.
Please, just don't give Notonthesamepage and Cannonball to Maker. I know I told you that NOTSP would stretch out but, we still have the Matt Winn at CHD."
What about his 7 straight loses after the claim? Monday morning quarterbacks
Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB
So it was okay to let him go for $20k.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

i think lucas has broken down a few owners too.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Flemington

I was at Tampa when Ramsey's eventual multiple Grade 1 stakes placed Talent Search debuted for a 12.5K maiden claiming tag.

Of course - there were no takers that day.

I just looked up the dam of General Quarters ... she had to be the all-time worst horse Calumet Farms ever owned.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Flemington

I would have liked to have seen a match race between Quality Road's dam - carrying the colors of Allen Paulson ... and General Quarter's dam - carrying the colors of Calumet Farms.

It would have been an epic battle between the two worst horses to ever run in those legendery silks.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
So it was okay to let him go for $20k.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
your welcome
Old 04-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Losses arent a stain on a horses record. After giving him the summer off the horse was clearly a better horse. I am just happy that everyday when he reads about this horse for the next 3 weeks, Mr. Ramsey will feel a little sick. And regardless of what he says in public or private, he will.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
I would have liked to have seen a match race between Quality Road's dam - carrying the colors of Allen Paulson ... and General Quarter's dam - carrying the colors of Calumet Farms.

It would have been an epic battle between the two worst horses to ever run in those legendery silks.

Kobla 3/5
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Flemington

She would seem to have a big pace advantage - but the chart claims that Ecology had a wide trip in that River Downs turf spanking.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Losses arent a stain on a horses record. After giving him the summer off the horse was clearly a better horse. I am just happy that everyday when he reads about this horse for the next 3 weeks, Mr. Ramsey will feel a little sick. And regardless of what he says in public or private, he will.
I'm sure he will, but to say he or anyone else new this horse was a derby prospect is on drugs. Do you think Mr Mccarthy had the derby in mind? Of course he did, that's why he claimed him. I will say, even in all his losses, he had good fractions.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I'm sure he will, but to say he or anyone else new this horse was a derby prospect is on drugs. Do you think Mr Mccarthy had the derby in mind? Of course he did, that's why he claimed him. I will say, even in all his losses, he had good fractions.
No one said that he thought he was a Derby prospect when he claimed him. I'm sure they werent even very concerned about losing him THEN. But the fact is that he now is and was claimed from Ramsey which has to burn his ass.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Flemington

It should burn his ass - and I'm sure it will.

But he can take some comfort knowing that his big stallion was claimed ... and I believe in a losing effort to Buck Strider no less.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Woodbine

I am sure he is pissed, just as much when he loses 10k on a race. One thing is for sure, he never had a derby horse, so why cry about it now. He is a claiming guru, and a person who likes to be Winning Owner at meets. Maybe he will turn his efforts to a derby owner now.