Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Flemington

Default Jabari Parker

Feels like a big time bust to me. I cant believe the reports that say Cleveland is strongly leaning towards him over Wiggins. Wiggins has the potential to be a superstar. Parker has a ceiling in the NBA. His ceiling is 18 and 6 or 7 rebound a game. Solid enough, but that’s absolute best case scenario. Wiggins reminds me of Tracy Mcgrady. I would 100% pull the trigger on Exum over Parker and move Irving to 2 if I was not sold on Wiggins. Or trade out, rumors say Philly loves Wiggins and is willing to give 3 and 10. I think staying at 1 and picking Parker is almost as bad as drafting Bennett 1 last year. Opinions?
Old 06-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Bowie

Wiggins is a few years away and is going to take a lot of growing pains. Big ceiling but there are some motor issues there that are hard for me to get past. To me he is more DeMar DeRozan type . I think 18 and 6 is the floor for Parker. He is going to be a very good scorer. He played out of position a lot at Duke and will be a very good NBA player for a long time. Lower ceiling than Wiggins but a higher floor.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelic Storm View Post
Wiggins is a few years away and is going to take a lot of growing pains. Big ceiling but there are some motor issues there that are hard for me to get past. To me he is more DeMar DeRozan type . I think 18 and 6 is the floor for Parker. He is going to be a very good scorer. He played out of position a lot at Duke and will be a very good NBA player for a long time. Lower ceiling than Wiggins but a higher floor.
How do you play out of position in college? There is a report on grant-land right now. He blew his workout in Cleveland and there is concern with his lack of athleticism. I think he is a poor mans Carmelo, who somehow manages to play less D. And when I say poor mans, I mean really poor mans. He does not shoot as well, and he is way less athletic.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Longchamps

Cleveland is going to take Wiggins unless they trade out. Anything else is a smoke screen.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Arlington Park

I hope those "experts" on espn are right...at least the one who had Randle going to the Lakers.

If he can improve his free throw shooting he could be a solid contributor.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
How do you play out of position in college? There is a report on grant-land right now. He blew his workout in Cleveland and there is concern with his lack of athleticism. I think he is a poor mans Carmelo, who somehow manages to play less D. And when I say poor mans, I mean really poor mans. He does not shoot as well, and he is way less athletic.
I don't think Parker is as good as Carmelo, or as Carmelo was coming out of SU. I think he is better than Wiggins. He had to play with his back to the basket in Collage and he is better facing up I think that had an impact on his Defense too. He may never be a great defender but he might be better. For Cleveland they took upside the last 2 drafts and so far that hasn't worked out to well. Parker is safer than Wiggins. If he blew his workout than he is an idiot. I heard buzz about trading down with Utah for the 5th pick and Favors.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants II View Post
I hope those "experts" on espn are right...at least the one who had Randle going to the Lakers.

If he can improve his free throw shooting he could be a solid contributor.
I agree. I like Randle.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Cleveland is going to take Wiggins unless they trade out. Anything else is a smoke screen.
Agree. Its gotta be Wiggins or trade. Just heard on espn radio on my way to work that Orlando is offering Afflalo 4 and 12. Im not sure why they would take that if Philly is truly offering 3 and 10. Unless they really value Afflalo.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Sha Tin

Parker wont be a bust unless you think he is gonna be Larry Bird. He is like a souped up version of Lamar Odom except without the Kardashians and crack. IMO he can be a Paul Pierce type of point forward, he will thrive in an NBA without a lot of rim protectors. Unless of course if Cleveland takes him and he has to play off of the current backcourt consisting of a shoot first PG and a one dimensional gunner.

He will be be in a far better situation in Milwaukee.

Wiggins is going to be a star player.

I doubt the top 2 trade out. More likely a team like Chicago trades up into the lottery to grab someone. Phoenix will almost assuredly draft and stash with one of their 3 number 1 picks as they dont want to have to pay 3 guys extentions 3 years from now.

IMO the strength in this draft is the depth as the number of players that should make an impact runs into the 20's. Compared to last years abysmal crop (only impact NBA players Oladipo, Noel?, Burke, Carter-Williams, Adams, Greekfreak, maybe Dieng, maybe Hardaway)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Parker wont be a bust unless you think he is gonna be Larry Bird. He is like a souped up version of Lamar Odom except without the Kardashians and crack. IMO he can be a Paul Pierce type of point forward, he will thrive in an NBA without a lot of rim protectors. Unless of course if Cleveland takes him and he has to play off of the current backcourt consisting of a shoot first PG and a one dimensional gunner.

He will be be in a far better situation in Milwaukee.

Wiggins is going to be a star player.

I doubt the top 2 trade out. More likely a team like Chicago trades up into the lottery to grab someone. Phoenix will almost assuredly draft and stash with one of their 3 number 1 picks as they dont want to have to pay 3 guys extentions 3 years from now.

IMO the strength in this draft is the depth as the number of players that should make an impact runs into the 20's. Compared to last years abysmal crop (only impact NBA players Oladipo, Noel?, Burke, Carter-Williams, Adams, Greekfreak, maybe Dieng, maybe Hardaway)
If he is Paul Pierce he wont be a bust. I dont see it though. Who would you take #1 Wiggins or Parker? Any opinion on Exum?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
If he is Paul Pierce he wont be a bust. I dont see it though. Who would you take #1 Wiggins or Parker? Any opinion on Exum?
I think if I'm Cleveland I take Wiggins. His game is far better suited to Cleveland than Parkers. I havent seen Exum except on NBA draft express videos. If he is as good as advertised he will be an all star.

I think that the team that takes Embiid is going to regret it. How many big guys come in with this type of injury history and have a long top level career?
Old 06-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I take Wiggins over Parker but I don't think Parker will be a bust. Depends on your expectations from him.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine