Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 AM
Gulfstream Park

Go Wings! But if I have to I can support the Hawks. Just anybody but Pittsburgh.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:26 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Crawford played well..and they got it done game 7 at home.. go hawks
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
Crawford played well..and they got it done game 7 at home.. go hawks
I'm still waiting for the Overtime period of game 6, nice penalty shot given to the dead hawks yes? Bettman loves Chicago and hates the wings.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
I'm still waiting for the Overtime period of game 6, nice penalty shot given to the dead hawks yes? Bettman loves Chicago and hates the wings.

That's why the Hawks got screwed earlier in the Series on a phantom goalie interference which would have tied the game..Still waiting for THAT OT as well
Old 05-29-2013, 12:49 PM
The Curragh

anyone else find it interesting that the last 5 teams to win the stanley cup are the ONLY teams who still have a chance to win it again this year.
and ALL 5 have the same coaches as they had with their previous cup, someone in the NHL want to inform the other 25 GM's out there of this stat?

-bt-
Old 05-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
anyone else find it interesting that the last 5 teams to win the stanley cup are the ONLY teams who still have a chance to win it again this year.
and ALL 5 have the same coaches as they had with their previous cup, someone in the NHL want to inform the other 25 GM's out there of this stat?

-bt-
Good catch Brian..didn't know that
Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM
The Curragh

Default saw this Sh!t coming a mile away

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424238

-bt-
Old 05-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Hialeah Park

Hawks -220/200 now..That's very aggressive
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Hialeah Park

Sigh.....well..I guess Bettman loves Detroit now based on that...f+ck
Old 05-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

well, at least the refs didn't blow it enough, and chicago wins. good game, except for the striped shirts.
what a comeback by chicago.

thank god, if pitt makes it thru, i didn't have to root for the red wings.....
Old 05-29-2013, 10:20 PM
The Curragh

Hockey season just started for me a few weeks ago when the playoffs began and now it has come to an end, is it football season yet?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:12 AM
Dee Tee Stables

math, what's your take on torts' firing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
Hockey season just started for me a few weeks ago when the playoffs began and now it has come to an end, is it football season yet?

so, was nd's qb cheating in class?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

But..but....ND is too fine a school to take in Student-athletes....WHO GET THROWN OUT OF SCHOOL...
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Flemington

First thing, great comeback by the Hawks.
I really believe that it's down to the 4 best teams. I'm still on the anyone but Pittsburgh bandwagon. I'm actually looking forward to the Bruins Pens series, should be excellent. Kings Hawks should be a barn burner too, but I just can't stay up that late for the west coast games. I'm thinking it's LA again this year, soley because of Jonathan Quick. He's ridiculously good.

As far as Torts go, I really think that they were going to bring him back. That was until Hank opened his mouth and made it seem like next year would be his last in NY, because he wouldn't be re-signing with the team after next season. That changed the whole dynamic of the situation and thankfully the front office realized they need Hank a hell of a lot more than Torts. I also think having a viable option such as Lindy Ruff on the market, made the move a lot easier to make (gotta think he's a favorite for the job). I honestly could have went either way on Torts, my gut would have been to let him stay one more year. But it sounds like the players (most notably Hank) were the cause of his demise. I'm not losing sleep either way. But whoever is in there next year is going to have to deal with very high expectations. This is a team that should go very deep into the playoffs.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I really believe that it's down to the 4 best teams. I'm still on the anyone but Pittsburgh bandwagon. I'm actually looking forward to the Bruins Pens series, should be excellent. Kings Hawks should be a barn burner too, but I just can't stay up that late for the west coast games. I'm thinking it's LA again this year, soley because of Jonathan Quick. He's ridiculously good.

As far as Torts go, I really think that they were going to bring him back. That was until Hank opened his mouth and made it seem like next year would be his last in NY, because he wouldn't be re-signing with the team after next season. That changed the whole dynamic of the situation and thankfully the front office realized they need Hank a hell of a lot more than Torts. I also think having a viable option such as Lindy Ruff on the market, made the move a lot easier to make (gotta think he's a favorite for the job). I honestly could have went either way on Torts, my gut would have been to let him stay one more year. But it sounds like the players (most notably Hank) were the cause of his demise. I'm not losing sleep either way. But whoever is in there next year is going to have to deal with very high expectations. This is a team that should go very deep into the playoffs.
have to say, never cared for tortorella...and i mention ruff any time there is a coaching vacancy. the guy's too good a coach not to get hired somewhere. i agree, better keep lunqvist over torts.

and you know you're doing bad when sean avery says 'i told you so'.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:35 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post

they would eat that MF alive on broadway, the Sabres gave him 20+ years to win something, he'll be gone in 2 if he doesn't take the rags all the way.

i wanna say this team is gonna go off the board for a new coach, but that's never been their MO. Still think Alain Vigneault could do wonders in balancing this team out, he brings the low scoring type games to a team, much more focused defensively as most french-canadian coaches are, but does the MSG faithful really want 1-0 games night in night out?

i see Vigneault in NY and Lindy in Dallas, also, Guy Boucher is out there, guy got a bum rap in TB

-bt-
Old 05-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Belmont Park

TB passed on Ruff when they fired Boucher and went in house, hiring their AHL affiliate head coach. The players just flat out quit responding to Boucher, which is a scary prospect when considering him - not that they had a great deal of talent on defense, nor have they had an NHL caliber goalie since 2004. You could tell his days were numbered here, and he should be viable candidate for a talented squad.
That said, hiring another Tampa retread may not go over to well without immediate success, so there's that to consider as well...
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
The Curragh

Quote:

Cheating/plagiarism I guess. I'm sure he's not the first student athlete to do so and I'm also sure some other schools would have just swept it under the rug for their starting qb. I give ND credit for how they handled this and hope to see Golson back in a year.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
they would eat that MF alive on broadway, the Sabres gave him 20+ years to win something, he'll be gone in 2 if he doesn't take the rags all the way.

i wanna say this team is gonna go off the board for a new coach, but that's never been their MO. Still think Alain Vigneault could do wonders in balancing this team out, he brings the low scoring type games to a team, much more focused defensively as most french-canadian coaches are, but does the MSG faithful really want 1-0 games night in night out?

i see Vigneault in NY and Lindy in Dallas, also, Guy Boucher is out there, guy got a bum rap in TB

-bt-
I feel the same way about Vigeault as you do about Ruff.
Not sure who you're talking about as being off the board. But I don't see Sather going with a reach here.
I know Ruff was in Buffalo forever, but I just don't think he really ever had the horses to win it all.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads
Old 05-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
But..but....ND is too fine a school to take in Student-athletes....WHO GET THROWN OUT OF SCHOOL...
Plagiarism.....but Golson made the right move when he got caught as he can be allowed back at ND. Now they'll have turnover Tommy back under center. Have to laugh at both ND and Gunner Kiel in this situation (as Kiel has transferred to Cincinnati).

Shouldn't be an issue for their team as their defense will still be towards the top with their front line that made Teo into a star intact. But their games they escaped with victories last year, may turn into hair-pulling losses this year.

As for sweeping things under the rug, ND is known to do such things, but I presume they exhausted all avenues before confronting Golson with the situation.

Oh yea.....GO HAWKS!!!