Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Del Mar

Default NFL Coaching Changes: Who Should, Who Should Go

Tom Coughlin- Didn't he just win a superbowl a couple of years back? How is this guy always on the hotseat?

The Giants need to keep Coughlin. There is no one out there that is much better.

Jason Garrett- I didn't think he was too good as a coordinator. Offense is talented but bland. I say let him go.

Leslie Frazier- Let him go. Interim guys just don't work out.

John Fox- Keep the coach, fire the GM.

Mike Singletary- Great motivator but that only goes so far. He is inept. The team is disorganized. Fire him.

Tony Sparano- I am just not sure here. Actually, fire him. You go that bad at home you should be fired.

Chan Gailey- I would give him another shot. Who else would want to go to buffalo to coach anyway?

Eric Mangini- You know what? I would keep him. They played hard this year and had some nice wins.

Marvin Lewis- The fact that he still has a job is a testament to just how bad the bengals were before he got there.

Jack Del Rio- That long and not sniffing anywhere close to a bowl? A decent coach but time for a change.

Gary Kubiak- Coach needs to go. Love him as an o coordinator though somewhere else. This guy is Norv without a good GM and d coodinator

Norv Turner- Was today proof enough? This is one of the more talented teams in the league and they lose to a dead cincy team and get swept by the Raiders and are out of the playoffs. Fire him NOW.

And the coach of the year?

I think Bellichick did an incredible job that he will never get enough credit for because it is some kind of weird rule that you can't give coach of the year honors to an established coach. That being the case, Haley should win. KC will finish no worse than 10-6 and win the division after being bad for a while.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Saratoga

Eric Mangini- You know what? I would keep him. They played hard this year and had some nice wins.

Sometimes...sometimes you do make sense.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Goodwood

raheem-morris-0930101.jpg
Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post

Sometimes...sometimes you do make sense.
Come on Clyde. Even when I'm dead wrong I still make sense. Unfortunately, the two don't go hand in hand.

I like Mccoy as well. I think this team is on the right track.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Come on Clyde. Even when I'm dead wrong I still make sense. Unfortunately, the two don't go hand in hand.

I like Mccoy as well. I think this team is on the right track.

Oh my God.......but some truth to that.

Agree with your latest as well.

Give yourself a postit on your forehead with 10 pies colored on it.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
I assume you are staying Morris should stay. This is far and away the biggest turnaround of the year.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:18 PM
The Curragh

Tom Coughlin- Didn't he just win a superbowl a couple of years back? How is this guy always on the hotseat?

The Giants need to keep Coughlin. There is no one out there that is much better.They need to hire an assistant that has a high IQ, then hopefully they wont do so much stupid ****.

Jason Garrett- I didn't think he was too good as a coordinator. Offense is talented but bland. I say let him go.I say give him a chance, at least for a year.

Leslie Frazier- Let him go. Interim guys just don't work out.Obvious

John Fox- Keep the coach, fire the GM. yes, going to have to get some fresh talent in their too

Mike Singletary- Great motivator but that only goes so far. He is inept. The team is disorganized. Fire him. His heart is in it, the players arent buying it.

Tony Sparano- I am just not sure here. Actually, fire him. You go that bad at home you should be fired. whether he should be fired or not, he will be

Chan Gailey- I would give him another shot. Who else would want to go to buffalo to coach anyway?they were a little bit better this year

Eric Mangini- You know what? I would keep him. They played hard this year and had some nice wins. I would let Morty decide

Marvin Lewis- The fact that he still has a job is a testament to just how bad the bengals were before he got there.sometimes they play, sometimes they dont, dont know

Jack Del Rio- That long and not sniffing anywhere close to a bowl? A decent coach but time for a change. they have some good young guys, give him one more year, after that...gonzo

Gary Kubiak- Coach needs to go. Love him as an o coordinator though somewhere else. This guy is Norv without a good GM and d coodinatorfire him...this team had it and quit

Norv Turner- Was today proof enough? This is one of the more talented teams in the league and they lose to a dead cincy team and get swept by the Raiders and are out of the playoffs. Fire him NOW. Norv is a dumbass, and so is Rivers, no matter how good he is

And the coach of the year?Sal Palosi

I think Bellichick did an incredible job that he will never get enough credit for because it is some kind of weird rule that you can't give coach of the year honors to an established coach. That being the case, Haley should win. KC will finish no worse than 10-6 and win the division after being bad for a while.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
I assume you are staying Morris should stay. This is far and away the biggest turnaround of the year.
Yes.

I know others have had devastating injuries, but Raheem has 9 wins with an offensive line filled with free agents and players stolen from other team's practice squads. The starting line-up they are putting on the field on both sides of the ball is laughable, but he is getting the job done.

I give him an A+. I give their GM an A- (LeGarrette Blount...woot). I give the Owners an F.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Mike Singletary- Great motivator but that only goes so far. He is inept. The team is disorganized. Fire him. His heart is in it, the players arent buying it.

He's gone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5958834
Old 12-26-2010, 11:35 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Yes.

I know others have had devastating injuries, but Raheem has 9 wins with an offensive line filled with free agents and players stolen from other team's practice squads. The starting line-up the are putting on the field on both sides of the ball is laughable, but he is getting the job done.

I give him an A+. I give their GM an A- (LeGarrette Blount...woot). I give the Owners an F.
Blount is going to be high on the fantasy RB list next year I predict.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

The Giants need to keep Coughlin. There is no one out there that is much better.They need to hire an assistant that has a high IQ, then hopefully they wont do so much stupid ****.

Jason Garrett- I didn't think he was too good as a coordinator. Offense is talented but bland. I say let him go.I say give him a chance, at least for a year.

Leslie Frazier- Let him go. Interim guys just don't work out.Obvious

John Fox- Keep the coach, fire the GM. yes, going to have to get some fresh talent in their too

Tony Sparano- I am just not sure here. Actually, fire him. You go that bad at home you should be fired. whether he should be fired or not, he will be

Chan Gailey- I would give him another shot. Who else would want to go to buffalo to coach anyway?they were a little bit better this year

Eric Mangini- You know what? I would keep him. They played hard this year and had some nice wins. I would let Morty decide

Marvin Lewis- The fact that he still has a job is a testament to just how bad the bengals were before he got there.sometimes they play, sometimes they dont, dont know

Jack Del Rio- That long and not sniffing anywhere close to a bowl? A decent coach but time for a change. they have some good young guys, give him one more year, after that...gonzo

Gary Kubiak- Coach needs to go. Love him as an o coordinator though somewhere else. This guy is Norv without a good GM and d coodinatorfire him...this team had it and quit

Norv Turner- Was today proof enough? This is one of the more talented teams in the league and they lose to a dead cincy team and get swept by the Raiders and are out of the playoffs. Fire him NOW. Norv is a dumbass, and so is Rivers, no matter how good he is

And the coach of the year?Sal Palosi

Let the fucl<er stay.

=:>
Old 12-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Marvin Lewis- The fact that he still has a job is a testament to just how bad the bengals were before he got there.
AMazing how they played by far their best game of the year today with the two imbecile wide receivers nowhere near the playing field.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:44 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Let the fucl<er stay.

=:>
So it is written, so it will be done.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
AMazing how they played by far their best game of the year today with the two imbecile wide receivers nowhere near the playing field.

A ringing endorsement as to why they call it a team sport.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
They were 9-7 in 2008, 3-13 in 2009 and likely 9-7 in 2010. Kc won 10 games TOTAL 2007-09 and will likely win 10 games this year.

Not saying that Tampa isn't due some praise but I think it is a bit of hyperbole to say it's far and away the biggest turnaround when kc is at least as impressive.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Flemington

I believe that Coughlin sealed his fate today. Between last weeks disaster and this weeks embarassment, the only thing that could save him would be sneaking into the playoffs and going deep in them. By no means is it all Coughlin's fault, at some point the players should take some responsiblity, for the turnovers, dropped balls and basically the defense not showing up today, but we all know that it's the head coach that takes the fall. They clawed back from a 14 point hole today only to go into the tank in the second half. He has always seemed like a coach/his coaching staff that has had trouble making adjustments at halftime. Today was another day, where they could do nothing offensively or defensively in the second half.

It just feels like a team that needs a change at this point. This is 2 years in a row that his teams have peaked in the first half of the season. They have had some injuries, but nothing like teams like the Packers have had to deal with. Also not helping Coughlins case is that Cower has been standing in the shadows for a couple of years now and has been rumored to be interested in the job. If not Cower, I wouldn't be suprised to see John Fox (if he is let go, as he was the Giants Def. Coordinator when they went to the SB in 2000) end up with the position.

It's definitely not all Coughlin's fault, but this team is too good to be constantly spitting the bit in December. I think he used his 2007 Super Bowl get out of jail free card last year and by the look and feel of it today the clock is ticking on the old ball coach.

As for the rest of the list.

Jason Garrett- I think he stays, Jerry and the team seems to like and play for him.

Leslie Frazier- I just don't see it, but until they get a QB it really doesn't matter who's coaching.

John Fox- I like him, but he's another who has been on thin ice for a long time and I can't see him surviving a 2 win campaign.

Mike Singletary- Seems in over his head, some guys are just better being a cooridnator.

Tony Sparano- I give him a pass for another season.

Chan Gailey- It's Buffalo, who really cares? Besides he has them playing hard up there, today they were just outclassed.

Eric Mangini- I think he's out just cause Holmgren will want to pick his own guy there.

Marvin Lewis- Don't know how he's lasted this long, just mindboggling.

Jack Del Rio- Needed to win the divison to probably save his job, so long.

Gary Kubiak-Like Singletary, probably better off as a cooridnator.

Norv Turner- Today was most likely the staw that broke the camels back, but just like herpes Norv will eventually rear his ugly head some place in the near future.

Last edited by MaTH716 : 12-27-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Flemington

Coughlin and Eli were made for each other. They both suck when it's crunch time.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
They were 9-7 in 2008, 3-13 in 2009 and likely 9-7 in 2010. Kc won 10 games TOTAL 2007-09 and will likely win 10 games this year.

Not saying that Tampa isn't due some praise but I think it is a bit of hyperbole to say it's far and away the biggest turnaround when kc is at least as impressive.
Tampa did feast on an incredibly easy schedule. They went 4-0 vs the NFC West or there would be no 9 wins this year.

That said, Raheem has done an incredible job. The Bucs are the first team since the 1970 merger to start at least 10 different rookies in a season and have a winning record.

No way he wins any awards, but the Bucs are in good shape moving forward with him in charge.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Coughlin and Eli were made for each other. They both suck when it's crunch time.
They were both pretty good in 2007.
Eli was excellent especially in the game in GB.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
They were both pretty good in 2007.
Eli was excellent especially in the game in GB.
Tom Coughlin press conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhSmO8cPjH4