Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hit it for a $120 ticket!!!!!!!

Great job Phil.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Gulfstream Park

Default Congrats, BIGSMC

Very nice 'capping today... more than doubled your wager plus multiple consolations. Bravo!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Gulfstream Park

Default More congrats...

Congrat, Phil on "real" ticket

Regrets, Root on "real" ticket & congrats on "virtual" ticket

You beat my virtual consolations... LMAO
Old 10-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Oaklawn

you to Bigs!!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

good job guys
Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Hialeah Park

Excellent work fellas!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Santa Anita

Excellent work ? For what ? Throwing around $2,000 pik 6 tickets with endless combinations leads me to believe you all don't have a clue about who is going to win a race. IMO handicapping is knowing what you are doing and these endless multiple plays every race is very poor handicapping imo. Give me a break, why play a $2,000 pik 6 ticket for $5,000 payoff , you can get that for a 2-1 fav.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:13 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
Excellent work ? For what ? Throwing around $2,000 pik 6 tickets with endless combinations leads me to believe you all don't have a clue about who is going to win a race. IMO handicapping is knowing what you are doing and these endless multiple plays every race is very poor handicapping imo. Give me a break, why play a $2,000 pik 6 ticket for $5,000 payoff , you can get that for a 2-1 fav.
The contest budget was established from the P6 Symposiums led by BTW on the huge carryovers earlier this year. It's an exersize to show that it most often takes 'real money' investments to win the big carryover pots. Read the P6 threads in the Hatton. Yesterday's payoff was 'modest' as there were no big prices in the skien, but just one 10-1 shot would have pushed it into above $10,000, and a second would likely have doubled or tripled that again. And it would have taken a lot more than $100-$400 plays to hit it.

Last edited by Kasept : 10-04-2007 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:33 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
The contest budget was established from the P6 Symposiums led by BTW on the huge carryovers earlier this year. It's an exersize to show that it most often takes 'real money' investments to win the big carryover pots. Read the P6 threads in the Hatton. Yesterday's payoff was 'modest' as there were no big prices in the skien, but just one 10-1 shot would have pushed it into above $10,000, and a second would likely have doubled or tripled that again. And it would have taken a lot more than $100-$400 plays to hit it.

He didn't even have to go to The Hatton Room, just read the first three posts of this thread before looking down his nose at the tickets and results.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
He didn't even have to go to The Hatton Room, just read the first three posts of this thread before looking down his nose at the tickets and results.
And let me add congrats to you & Root on the accurates; Dyl & A/J on the consos and Phil on the cash score...
Old 10-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
spoken by the person who made a quick pic selection. talk about not having a clue.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
And let me add congrats to you & Root on the accurates; Dyl & A/J on the consos and Phil on the cash score...
Thanks Steve and all!!!

Quote:
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
Thanks Steve and all!!!

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Different approaches for different players I suppose. The fellow that won the 7 figure pick six a couple of months ago in Cali bought about 6 dollars in tickets if I remember correctly. So it can be done in a conservative manner.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Santa Anita

well, I did single Shakespeare and Rosinka. and i highlighted Optimistic Steve in the handicapping section. i don't do much handicapping but when I do i try to find one or two runners per race. any more than that, i pass. but that's just my personal approach.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Santa Anita

no. my rule of thumb is the more multiples you bet the more you lose. so limit your horses to one or 2 per race or pass, and at least you won't lose a ton.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Your ability to continually be ridiculous is actually impressive. Not since PG1985 have we seen such talent. I applaud you.

Is it possible they are one in the same......the logic, approach, and volume of innane comments cloaked in attention seeking behavior is all too familiar...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Santa Anita

being a close to the vest handicapper is attention seeking ? i think you should limit your combinations.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Different approaches for different players I suppose. The fellow that won the 7 figure pick six a couple of months ago in Cali bought about 6 dollars in tickets if I remember correctly. So it can be done in a conservative manner.
Dude, read the thread. None of us spent $2,500 of our own money on the thing. It was a contest/exercise for the carryover. We have done it here before, check the archives. Don't just pop in and pop off.

Now, if you were given $2,500 to use in a contest, would you go narrow or use all of the money?

Keep reading the thread and you'll see that Phil hit the P6 with a $120 ticket. I would say that was a VERY nice profit.

Wrong place and wrong time to extoll the virtues of your go narrow approach. The proper way would have been to discuss your approach BEFORE the races were run and actually post a ticket. It is shooting fish in a barrel when you come onto a thread after the fact and criticize.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Coach Pants

Quote: