Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Goodwood

Default Another OSU Tragedy

Women's BB Coach and an assistant coach among 4 dead in Arkansas plane crash.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...ed-plane-crash
Old 11-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Women's BB Coach and an assistant coach among 4 dead in Arkansas plane crash.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...ed-plane-crash
Just read that..horrible
Old 11-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Churchill Downs

This one is really personal for me, I worked at Long Beach State a decade ago with Miranda Serna and we have kept in touch over the years as we've both moved from one university to another in search of our dream jobs. Miranda was one of the kindest women I've ever known and always so positive. We could go months or years without talking to each other but if either of us picked up the phone and heard, "Big Dog! how are you?" we knew exactly who was calling.

I'm currently out of work on a medical leave and yesterday afternoon I was going through boxes in my closest to get rid of things I really don't need anymore. I came across a Fresno State women's basketball media guide that Miranda had sent me when she worked there. I noticed some notes and letters inside she had sent me over the years and I thought to myself, "I'll have to remember to give her a call when I get back to work, she's busy with her season now, we'll catch up later". I've never been a believer in much beyond this life but the coincidence of finding that media guide shortly after Miranda's plane went down has me questioning things. I hadn't talked to her in well over a year, we've both been busy...

I'm not a religious person, Miranda very much was so today I say, "Miranda, may God care for you and provide comfort to your family and friends. You will be missed".

Rest in Peace, Big Dog.