Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Hollywood Park

Well the story seems to be hitting the papers today, with the suspension being handed down and all. No quotes from Shitbag Rose that I could find in any of the stories.

I hate to say it but if our friends at PETA were going to start making noise, I'm thinking today will be the day. Honestly, I wasn't aware this happened until last night when I read it on DT, so I'm sure 99.99% of the country had no idea it had occurred. They'll know today, and unfortunately today they'll be justified. Brace yourselves.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuvForPletch
Well the story seems to be hitting the papers today, with the suspension being handed down and all. No quotes from Shitbag Rose that I could find in any of the stories.

I hate to say it but if our friends at PETA were going to start making noise, I'm thinking today will be the day. Honestly, I wasn't aware this happened until last night when I read it on DT, so I'm sure 99.99% of the country had no idea it had occurred. They'll know today, and unfortunately today they'll be justified. Brace yourselves.
I'm sure Rose was being advised by his representatives not to comment at the moment. I would expect that Team Rose will have a press conference soon showing remorse and outlining the steps he will take to avoid this happening again. This will consist of anger management, community service with animals and possibly children riding animals etc... They will state this was his 1st incident and he made a mistake etc..... Let the spin doctors get to work.

He was wrong and should just take the punishment and be quiet. This seldom happens anymore.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:

Hey! Good news! Not to worry... PETA's pre-occupied.. A peck of pigeons that were disrupting play at Wimbledon were shot!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slu...ters&type=lgns
Old 06-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Hey! Good news! Not to worry... PETA's pre-occupied.. A peck of pigeons that were disrupting play at Wimbledon were shot!

this post made me laugh, does that mean I'm a bad person??
Old 06-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs11204
i should not be the website joke anymore, im handicapping pretty good latley, and i post all my plays well in advance

Yes Even before the PP's come out!!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept

They employ two hawks to chase away birds? Do they give the hawks hourly pay or salary??
Old 06-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Hollywood Park

Default An excerpt from today's Delaware News Journal

Rose has appealed and will appear again before the commission on July 22. The commission denied the 29-year-old jockey's request for a stay that would have allowed him to continue riding until the appeal is heard.

Wayne said that while Rose is suspended only in Delaware, most states will honor the suspension.

Link to story:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...NEWS/806250356

I guess the appeal is "required" but what a pair of stones...Molina didn't appeal when he was suspended for kicking the horse at Philly park, did he?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Looks like somewhere around six news outlets have picked up the story, three from Delaware, one from Philly, one from Louisville, and the Bloodhorse. At least that is what my quick news-seeking skills discovered.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
They employ two hawks to chase away birds? Do they give the hawks hourly pay or salary??
My college sponsored a Crow killing contest one year at school....Peta never came after the school.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Hialeah Park

Not a mention of this on ESPN.com while Dutrow's suspension is the top headline. Shows how irrelevant our sport is outside of the Triple Crown. Non-TC racing is like rookie league baseball to them.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Not a mention of this on ESPN.com while Dutrow's suspension is the top headline. Shows how irrelevant our sport is outside of the Triple Crown. Non-TC racing is like rookie league baseball to them.
You aren't being fair to Rookie League Baseball. Speaking on non-MLB baseball, how many people do you think are watching the scintillating Bulldogs vs. Bulldogs College World Series Match-up this week? Yet, they have no trouble dedicating 3+ hours to this crap and they can't find the time to show more "important" racing?

Did they show the Curlin race 2 weeks ago? I'm truly asking because I didn't notice if they did and would never even think to look for a major race on ESPN these days...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
You aren't being fair to Rookie League Baseball. Speaking on non-MLB baseball, how many people do you think are watching the scintillating Bulldogs vs. Bulldogs College World Series Match-up this week? Yet, they have no trouble dedicating 3+ hours to this crap and they can't find the time to show more "important" racing?

Did they show the Curlin race 2 weeks ago? I'm truly asking because I didn't notice if they did and would never even think to look for a major race on ESPN these days...
curlins race was on HRTV. he destroyed the field on the stretch drive.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I didn't see Curlin's race because miraculously, the televisions at Charles Town on the Churchill Downs simulcast signal ALL went black for the two minutes it took Curlin to mop up on the field. I kid you not.
Hollywood Park

What Jeremy Rose did is inexcusable - how could he possibly think what he was doing was acceptable? He will have to live with what he has done and hopefully learn from it. I do hope that this nags at him for the rest of his life and guides him to make better decisions.

I am especially looking forward to the 6 pm hour of ATR tonight - I love Tony Black's segment and really look forward to what he has to say about this.
Churchill Downs

Quote:
ESPN has to show some of the non-revenue NCAA sports, as part of the price of securing the rights to sports like basketball and football.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard burch
curlins race was on HRTV. he destroyed the field on the stretch drive.
I saw the race on my computer. The NJ wagering account has all of the tracks video. I was asking if it was on ESPN or not. He's only the best horse in the world.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:

If you watched the first 2 games and didnt enjoy them I wonder what exactly you would like? Why do you have to knock another sport especially when it not only has a good storyline but has been good entertainment. ESPN shows plenty of crap but the college WS is a legit event. Anything that Erin Anderews covers is important!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Are we really supposed to complain that the media isnt reporting a negative story?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
If you watched the first 2 games and didnt enjoy them I wonder what exactly you would like? Why do you have to knock another sport especially when it not only has a good storyline but has been good entertainment. ESPN shows plenty of crap but the college WS is a legit event. Anything that Erin Anderews covers is important!
Are you being serious, Chuck? I hope not, but if I offended you, I'm sorry.

PING! PING!! PING!!! After 5 minutes of PING!!!! I couldn't take it anymore. Plus, I didn't find the kids to actually be that good. PING!!!!! With exception of the SS from Georgia I can see a better game in Staten Island or Brooklyn with better players.

And if you couldn't tell, PING!!!!! The aluminum bats drive me PING!!!!!! It seems a bit artificial to me. But I guess their artificial is no worse than MLB's artificial (HGH)...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Are we really supposed to complain that the media isnt reporting a negative story?
Not complaining. Just pointing it out to the people that complain when something overruns on ESPN and they put off the racing coverage to show the end of it. It is another example of how completely irrelevant our sport is to the public outside of the Triple Crown.