Default Bellamy Road

Saw the logon ID and wondered

Whatever happened to Bellamy Road?
Injured?
Retired to Stud
What?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

good morning mr nut!!! how are you? zeigler06 might be a more familiar name to you than my current one....

bellamy road remains in 'training'. he was removed from nick zitos care, and given over to the manager of kinsman farm...name is sexton i believe. altho he is still in trainining, i only know of one recorded work. would love to see him on the track again, as he showed a ton of talent before the derby when he suffered an injury, as well as his fantastic run in the travers before being sidelined for the year.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:48 PM
BellamyRd.

yeah, I figure he'll probably be retired
and we'll be left wondering "what if"
which we've been there before w/ so many
but we'll always have Wood!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Washington Park

I think he's up to two works now and was going to start in an allowance race at Calder at the end of the month. Dont hold your breath waiting for him though...

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 07-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Churchill Downs

Tragically mismanaged horse. Had no business running in the Travers without a prep or two. Zito had to know better, must have been Steinbrenner's call. McPeek tried the same thing with Repent a couple of years back with the same result - horse was short just a bit but tried his heart out, finished second, and got hurt again. Even if a colt is a natural stayer, like Repent and Bellamy Road looked to be, they can't be ready for a 10f G1 off of workouts when coming back from injury.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:58 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann
Tragically mismanaged horse. Had no business running in the Travers without a prep or two. Zito had to know better, must have been Steinbrenner's call. McPeek tried the same thing with Repent a couple of years back with the same result - horse was short just a bit but tried his heart out, finished second, and got hurt again. Even if a colt is a natural stayer, like Repent and Bellamy Road looked to be, they can't be ready for a 10f G1 off of workouts when coming back from injury.
Agree with everything you wrote.

--Dunbar
Old 07-24-2006, 08:58 AM
boldruler

Bellamy Road will win the Breeders Cup Classic.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Jerome Park

When latest Training Wizard Ed Sexton took over his training ( and final unfortunate nail in his coffin ) he proclaimed, among many stupid comments, that he was responsible for " all " the decisions involving the horse last year. Thus, I guess the Travers experiment would have to fall squarely in his lap.

Personally, I feel worse about this horse than I think I have ever felt about any horse. I just know he's a monster, and would love to have seen him even get a chance to definitively prove it ( or disprove it so we would know one way or the other ), and this guy Sexton has pretty much secured that that will never happen. There are so few genuinely good horses these days that to see this one wasted, especially due to completely unwarranted and unearned arrogance, is a true shame.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann
Yes ... here we go ... Little Annie ... the Pigaree Princess ...

... is now a better trainer than Nick Zito and Ken McPeek.

Hey Nicky ... take those Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Belmont Stakes trophies off your mantle ... and give them to the Pigaree Princess ...

... and in return ... she'll tell you what a great stallion Sir Gallahad was.

Yeah ... that'd be a fair exchange.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
When latest Training Wizard Ed Sexton took over his training ( and final unfortunate nail in his coffin ) he proclaimed, among many stupid comments, that he was responsible for " all " the decisions involving the horse last year. Thus, I guess the Travers experiment would have to fall squarely in his lap.

Personally, I feel worse about this horse than I think I have ever felt about any horse. I just know he's a monster, and would love to have seen him even get a chance to definitively prove it ( or disprove it so we would know one way or the other ), and this guy Sexton has pretty much secured that that will never happen. There are so few genuinely good horses these days that to see this one wasted, especially due to completely unwarranted and unearned arrogance, is a true shame.
But ... but ... but ... Pigaree Annie says Nicky doesn't know how to train a horse ...

... you believe her, doncha?

After all ... she knows everything Sir Gallahad did in the 1930's.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Del Mar

I don't think things are looking too good for BR. It will be a surprise if he ever runs again. They are trying to bring him back but if you take a look at his work tab it looks like they're having a difficult time with him. Every time he works, he need 3 weeks to recover. His first work was almost two months ago and he's only had two works since then.
If he does somehow make it back, don't expect him to last for more than a race or two.
It's too bad that we never got to see what this horse was really capable of. He had a ton of talent.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
I don't think things are looking too good for BR. It will be a surprise if he ever runs again. They are trying to bring him back but if you take a look at his work tab it looks like they're having a difficult time with him. Every time he works, he need 3 weeks to recover. His first work was almost two months ago and he's only had two works since then.
If he does somehow make it back, don't expect him to last for more than a race or two.
It's too bad that we never got to see what this horse was really capable of. He had a ton of talent.
You should be aware of the Rockport Harbor/Bellamy Road "Lifetime Starts" Under/Over Pool.

Back in April 2005 ... on another forum ... someone mentioned the future prospects of both horses. I then created a scenario in which I set 9.5 as the "under/over" number for the combined total of all future lifetime starts for both horses.

The actual number of starts for both horses ... over the 17+ months since then ... is 4

So .. which way would you bet against a total of 9.5 starts for both horses ... "under" or "over"?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:04 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
But ... but ... but ... Pigaree Annie says Nicky doesn't know how to train a horse ...

... you believe her, doncha?

After all ... she knows everything Sir Gallahad did in the 1930's.
You need to learn how to read better. What she said was that it was probably Steinbrenner's call to run BR in the Travers. Her assumption was that Zito is too good a trainer to make that kind of mistake without being given direct orders from Steinbrenner. Or perhaps you think Steinbrenner is a hands off owner, sort of the way he has always treated the Yankees.

You are so eager to attack Ann that you don't bother really reading the post.

--Dunbar
Old 07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar
You are so eager to attack Ann that you don't bother really reading the post.
Ummm ... do you mean in the same way that she doesn't bother to really read my posts?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Ummm ... do you mean in the same way that she doesn't bother to really read my posts?
Wait, people read your posts?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
Unfortunately, they do.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt