Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Flemington

Well,they lost a game that they shouldn't have lost.Streak had to end sometime,but (in a 1-1 tie ballgame)the Dodgers had the bases loaded with 1 out in the bottom of the 8th.Just needed a sac fly ball from Kent.Couldn't get it done,and Ethier couldn't come up with a hit.They had some bad defense in the 9th,and the roof came in,but I don't think they lose if they get a run to take the lead in the bottom of the 8th.Didn't do the little things right tonight.Lowe pitched well until they sent him back out for the 9th,and he hung some pitches,and they brought Saito in(again not his normal closer role,but a tread water situation,and it is a different situation ..one that was caused by not getting the run in the bottom of the 8th.)So,Saito got a ground ball that Lugo probably should of made the play on.Again,I think they make these plays if they have a 1 run cushion from the bottom of the 8th.Kent should of got the sac fly ball,and Lowe should have got the win 2-1.Ugly rundown between 3rd and home that Colorado got the 3rd run on.Don't watch that play.Lowe looked devastated after the game.Story of this game is Kent was looking for a fast ball to drive for a sac fly,and he got it n' just missed it(popped it up.)Sure they had other opportunities,but that was the path of least resistance.We all get old,and Kent is showing it.He can still go yard early in a game for a 1 or 2 run homer though.I have never seen a guy get more moderately important hits with nobody on,or 2 outs nobody on etc.