Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Default Dodgers will win World Series

10 in a row and they are in the weak NL.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Flemington

I would be thrilled if they just sweep the Padres in San Diego and/or sweep the Giants in the little outhouse by the Bay.See,you have to remember that they have beaten only Colorado,Washington,Florida,and the strugglin' (n' fading fast) Cincy Reds.So,it is nice that they actually won 6 games in a row on the road(that is a true miracle if you know this team's ways.)Like I said,I want to see what they do in that road trip against Frisco,San Diego,and Arizona.That would be where they would struggle badly (if they were still the team I know.)
Old 08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Flemington

I remember watching the post-game show the Friday before last(game 1 of their now 10 game streak.)Colletti said he had some deals he was working on very hard.I was like "why?," but the trades did give the team enough hope to care I guess.Seems like the whole team seemed to be totally stoked at getting Maddux,and then when he went 6 scoreless,it was game on.The team has been loaf'n (which almost all Dodger teams do.)Not the most tightly run ship in the bunch.That is for sure.I think LOWE has been giving 50% effort all season.Lazy drunk needs a lot of motivation to pitch to his potential.It's there, if you can get it out of that slug.Just don't pitch him in a day game.That is just not gunna work.Drunks like the evenings.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Del Mar

They can beat anybody in the NL. One of about 7 teams that can make and win the World Series from that League. Thats not all that Bold of a prediction Boldruler.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Santa Anita

Can I ask a question? Now I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but why do you guys keep saying that the NL is weaker than the AL? From what I recall the NL led the Allstar game until their "closer" lost it for them. I was just wondering why everyone keeps saying this. Not that I care one way or the other, my team is done and I have stuck a BIG fork in them, I was just wondering. Is it just that your teams are in the AL?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Del Mar

There are 4 teams in the AL who are better than everybody in the NL, and that includes the Mets. Tigers, both Sox teams and the Yankees are all better teams.

The All Star game has nothing to do with anything. Just an exhibition.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Flemington

Well,I know the Dodgers have better starters than in 2004 when they won their division.Wasn't that piece of trash Perez in the rotation? Some Asian guy who was really bad.Penney was not in the rotation because of the biceps tendon tear.Gander,who the f was pitching? Weaver,and Perez,and Lima? That's right Lima was great that year.Lima and pray ya a$$ off.I remember now.That's how we blew a 6 game lead,and only clinched the 2nd to last game of the season.WE HAVE BETTER PITCHING THIS YEAR(AIN'T SAYING MUCH THERE.)Gander,did you know that Beltre hit the cover off the ball when he played here for inter-league games this year?I think he would still be here hitting for power n' average if they had only signed him.I think he just got really comfortable in that ballpark.Sees the ball well there etc.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Havre de Grace

Cool

Well anything can happen, I mean, the Red Sox won the Series, so I suppose that Lightning could strike twice if the pitching holds up!
Old 08-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Churchill Downs

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
10 in a row and they are in the weak NL.
What kind of Kool-Aid are you drinking ?????????? If you REALLY belive that do you know what kind of odds Las Vegas would of given you @ the beg. of the year ?
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Flemington

Streak at 11(tied for Wild Card,and a half game back in division.)Started to do some stuff that looked more like themselves(Furcal gets a 1 run home run ,but strikes out when bases were full etc.,)but to be honest,they seem to own Colorado in this ballpark.Colorado seems to hit in this ballpark about as well as the Dodgers hit in St. Louis.Reliever/set- up man Broxton seems to have grown a set,and has a pretty lively power fastball of 94-100 mph right now(amazing what 10 wins in a row and 50k people can do for a guy.)If you haven't seen the closer for this team(Saito,)then I would say he is the one player most fun to watch on the team.Loves to compete,and has awesome stuff.I still don't know why anybody would think Larry Drew is worth 10 mil a season.He was one of the hi priced players signed in the Winter of 2004-5(when the G.M. seemed to want to replace his best Latin players by paying 3 white free agents what their former teams obviously thought was way too much....or,in the case of Boston,they simply didn't wan't a drunk pitcher anymore.)Lowe(drunk in L.A.) goes to the mound for 12 in a row tonight.Never know what this guy will do.Unreliable doesn't begin to describe this guy.Seeing how Colorado struggles here,he may get through it.If he can survive the atmosphere re-entry of the 2nd and 3rd innings,he usually pitches o.k.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Del Mar

Scuds- I bet you wish you didnt abandon them this year and switch your allegiance to the Angels. This would be fun for you. Do LA fans do that out there, switch their favorite teams every year?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Scuds- I bet you wish you didnt abandon them this year and switch your allegiance to the Angels. This would be fun for you. Do LA fans do that out there, switch their favorite teams every year?
Well, I haven't seen the Halos n' Dodgers play each other much.I don't like to watch that.That should answer your question.I think you will remember me saying not to count the Halos out when they were 7-11 games under 500.Fact is that unlike most people in 2 team markets,I do like both teams.See,Gander,part of the problem is that Scioscia was the best team player that the Dodgers ever have had.They simply don't get to the World Series in '88 if Scioscia doesn't bring them back with the clutch home run down the right field line at Shea Stadium.O.K.,then he goes to manage the Halos.So,to me the lines are quite blurred here,and I could never be against any team Scioscia manages.I grew up at Dodger Stadium.So,I could never shake that organization if I wanted to.That stadium is home to me.I don't think you choose who you like.Are you talkin' about the fact that I bet the Halos to win the division at 6-1? The Dodgers(at the time)were favored to win the division even though they weren't in 1st place.You are saying I ABANDONED THEM because I didn't trust them to win the division at 9/5??
Old 08-09-2006, 03:34 PM
boldruler

The Mets will destroy the Dodgers if they are lucky enough to get in.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Flemington

By the way,Bradley is really,really struggling to contain his temper the last 2 days.Rifles bats around like you wouldn't believe.He is trying hard to contain himself,but he is just a very troubled individual.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Del Mar

Scuds- I seem to remember you making a comment that you were strictly into the Angels this year and not the Dodgers about 3-4 weeks back when somebody brought up the Dodgers for something or other. I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

2 years ago I couldnt get enough of your posts when the Dodgers were red hot for what seemed like all summer. Just wondering why all of a sudden you arent into them as much.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Scuds- I seem to remember you making a comment that you were strictly into the Angels this year and not the Dodgers about 3-4 weeks back when somebody brought up the Dodgers for something or other. I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

2 years ago I couldnt get enough of your posts when the Dodgers were red hot for what seemed like all summer. Just wondering why all of a sudden you arent into them as much.
I'll go try to see what you are talking about.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
Yeah, what he said.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Flemington

Best I can tell,you're talking about the comment below.The Dodgers certainly have not played as a "TEAM" until the last couple weeks.When I said "Angels are a Team," I am referring to their all for one attitude that Scioscia instills every year.The Dodgers had that a couple years ago.Lima,and Beltre got that team pulling the rope all at once,and were not treated well by the Organization.The Halos are a "TEAM," and the Dodgers are trying to get that close(one heart beat etc.)I did trust the Halos more than the Dodgers(I put money on the Halos.)I do trust Scioscia more than Grady.When I wrote this,the Dodgers were sending Perez to the mound to start games.So,yea I was disgusted at the time.I like both teams.The Halos are much better run though.The Halos are better at getting guys to play as one.I trust the Halos more,but I want them both to win with the same desire.Like I said,I haven't seen these two teams play each other much at all.Obviously I don't enjoy seeing one beat the other.That's all I can say about it.I am guilty of liking both teams in a 2 team market.The Halos are year in/year out more like the team I grew up with though(Dodgers.)They should be(Scioscia came up in the OLD DODGER SYSTEM.)

"By the way,Gander,the team I am trying to win $3500 with are the Halos.I need Halo wins.If I could trust the Dodgers,then I would have bet them.Fact is,the Angels are a TEAM."
Old 08-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Keep dreaming dude.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Washington Park

Quote:
Yep...........

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian