Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Les Bois

Question Curlin/RTTR

Does anyone know whats up with Curlin ? Was thinking of using in RTTR contest but read he was off Derby Trail now I see hes back . Also have a question about LesGrandTrois, is he nominated for the Derby? and any thoughts on his chances? Really appreciate all the info from this forum, has helped alot in picking winners, Keep up the good work.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by berreman150
Does anyone know whats up with Curlin ? Was thinking of using in RTTR contest but read he was off Derby Trail now I see hes back . Also have a question about LesGrandTrois, is he nominated for the Derby? and any thoughts on his chances? Really appreciate all the info from this forum, has helped alot in picking winners, Keep up the good work.
Curlin was never off the Derby Trail. . . I know the RTTR site had the news of him going to Asmussen under their "off the derby trail" section for some reason so that's probably what you saw.

Les Grands Trois is nominated to the Triple Crown. I have him in my RTTR stable but I wasn't too impressed with his last race and I was kind of hoping he'd come back in a stakes rather than allowance . . He'll have to make a serious impact in one of the big preps to be considered a contender and to get the earnings to get in. . .
Old 03-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Santa Anita

I just picked up Curlin. I went back and forth with him an Law Breaker as I wanted a horse in a race this weekend.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Curlin is running this Saturday against the likes of Teuflesberg and Officer Rocket.

http://www.roadtotheroses.com/roses/pps/pps_rebel.pdf
Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Bobby Frankel was quoted in DRF as sayng that LesGrandTrois is not being pointed for the Ky Derby.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Newmarket

Les Grands Trois is nominated and has raced well his first two starts but to me is a big stretch if you're thinking derby. He has no graded stakes earnings yet, actually never raced in a stakes and also never raced two turns. Not impossible but he is really up against it considering the date.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Gulfstream Park

i read that he's pointing him to the withers, possibly the same path as bernardini
Old 03-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
I just picked up Curlin. I went back and forth with him an Law Breaker as I wanted a horse in a race this weekend.
i thought about picking him up, but opted to go elsewhere.
i picked up flying first class instead.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Gulfstream Park

Les Grands Trois is more likely to start in the $150,000 Withers Stakes over a mile for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct on April 28, Frankel said on Thursday.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
I think that was a good choice...

I noticed that Prado is up instead of Jacinto, which is interesting considering Jacinto has been aboard Flying First Class and is aboard Xchanger this time around.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188

I thought about him, but I didn't know if he would be another Going Wild.... I did like him though.

I wanted four runners this weekend so all three I picked up are running tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Les Bois

thanks for info . I have a knack for picking wrong horses last year 3 of my first picks were out by the 2nd week this year 2 so far, just quick picked for my husband in the second week and he is ahead of me in the standings. I decided to go with Cobalt Blue and Teuflesberg Stormello . Thinking about adding Lawbreaker and Chelokee, looking for info on Deadly Dealer also have in my notes stumbled out of gate won (fast?) Good Luck to all.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Gulfstream Park

i think lawbreaker could have a nice future, and he's not that well known yet
Old 03-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
thanks for info . I have a knack for picking wrong horses last year 3 of my first picks were out by the 2nd week this year 2 so far, just quick picked for my husband in the second week and he is ahead of me in the standings. I decided to go with Cobalt Blue and Teuflesberg Stormello . Thinking about adding Lawbreaker and Chelokee, looking for info on Deadly Dealer also have in my notes stumbled out of gate won (fast?) Good Luck to all.
I've had Chelokee in my stable since the beginning because he likes Churchill Downs, but we'll see. Deadly Dealer is a nice one, but I remember hearing/reading somewhere that he wasn't being pointed to the derby. Has anyone else heard that?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I've had Chelokee in my stable since the beginning because he likes Churchill Downs, but we'll see. Deadly Dealer is a nice one, but I remember hearing/reading somewhere that he wasn't being pointed to the derby. Has anyone else heard that?

Well the good thing is you can supplement him to just one of your stables, and leave him out of the others

Ya know, cover your bases.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:18 PM
pgardn

Sometimes you dont want to pick a horse just because he might be good for the Derby. You want to pick him up because he might be good for you now. This is a fairly silly game and involves a lot of luck but you have got to have horses spread out West, East, and in the middle in order to take advantage of all the points.

I have been successful in getting horses spread out and covering the graded races. They just dont win. If they do I might separate myself from the teaming millions which I figure is the only way to earn a jacket... my goal in life that has eluded me since this damn contest began.

And I made the first page one year right before the April races and then promptly dropped off the face of the earth. The other years all my horses have died (figuratively).
Old 03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
apparently i've been working too many sixty hour weeks. i do have curlin.
i think it's past my bed time.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTGIVEN1985
i think lawbreaker could have a nice future, and he's not that well known yet
I like him too..... a lot of potential.

(Maybe I'm nuts but i like Going Ballistic tomorrow).

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 03-16-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:03 PM
point given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I think that was a good choice...

I noticed that Prado is up instead of Jacinto, which is interesting considering Jacinto has been aboard Flying First Class and is aboard Xchanger this time around.
Watch out for DWL this weekend, while i don't like 2 hosses stretching out with speed, curlin and FFC, DWL took down the stakes race today a t 12/1, with a horse who had run 3rd twice to the odds on favorite. I take this as him serving notice.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Santa Anita

Looked VERY NICE today. A little lugging, but good.