Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default OK, what the hell is in the water???

Haley AND Sanjaya?????? Unbelievable!!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
Haley AND Sanjaya?????? Unbelievable!!

I was so shook up that I posted in wrong place!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 PM

Default OK, I'm calm now!

Posted in the sport area I was so shook...I mean really, Haley AND Sanjaya!!!???
Old 03-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Newmarket

take a deep breath, its all going to be okay.

America has spoken!!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Coach Pants

I heard.

I've been watching the cards-mountaineers. Just went to double OT.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Newmarket

Brian may have had to be rushed to the emergency room after seeing Sanjaya get through.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:59 PM

You know, I'm just still shocked.

I mean, no skin off my back letting Sundance go home.

Jordan is pissed, I said both needed to go in short order anyway, so the exact order doesn't piss me off so much anymore. I think it's a shame that Sanjaya made it to the top 12, but I'm trying to be realistic in thinking that nobody is going to care that he finished, say 10th, instead of 13th. Losing is losing unless you make it to the top six or so.

Glad Gina got through. Was THRILLED that Antonella got her walking orders, it more than makes up for Sanjaya scooting through another week.

But Haley over Sabrina? They sent home four of the worst six though, so I'm not complaining too much!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Monmouth Park

I said it in one of Brian's posts last week, I read it somewhere that the Idol people are concerned that there is a program out there voting for Sanjaya. Because it isn't close....he has been in the top 5 since they got to the top 24....hell I bet Pillow can sing better.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Flemington

I am so glad I don't care for that show. I have never understood why people want to see someone take criticism from people who can't sing themselves.I have no problem with artists taking constructive criticism from a vocal coach,or another singer,but that isn't what this is about.This about creating an uncomfortable scene.Most of these reality shows are about creating an uncomfortable scene.You have to ask yourself what it is about people that makes them like to watch people argue,and get upset.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarta
I said it in one of Brian's posts last week, I read it somewhere that the Idol people are concerned that there is a program out there voting for Sanjaya. Because it isn't close....he has been in the top 5 since they got to the top 24....hell I bet Pillow can sing better.
I'll sing Porgy and Bess. Both parts.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
No doubt about that.

It is starting to appear that Sanjaya has something unseen going for him...the guy really can't sing! I was sad to see Antonella go and Haley stay but as Brian said about Sanjaya, it doesn't matter that much. I had predicted that America might boot one of the black girls...37 million votes and it's tough to see all 5 making it through...still Haley??? Sundance suffered from having Chris S in the competition I think...!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Flemington

I really wish that fox would post the numbers of the vote. This way you can keep track along the way to see who is getting the votes and who is on the cusp and so on. If the votes do fluctuate with good and bad weeks. I do believe that there could be a conspiracy theory here. I just can't see Haley getting more votes than Antonella. I would be the first to admit that they BOTH suck and should be gone but, who the hell is voting for Haley? I really believe that FOX had to get Antonella off. The show would be a mockery if she ended up in the top 5, and I believe she would have went far and FOX knew it. As long as nobody really knows what the votes are, they could really do what they want. Antonella was the most Googled thing last week, how could she not get more votes than Haley? Are we saying that boys 12-16 that watch the show and vote called in for Lakisha? Come on! Or maybe the boys just do not vote, which I guess is possible. Bottom line Sabrina was the one who got screwed. As far as Sanjaya goes, they did mention that he was in the top 4 - 5 the last few weeks, so it would be harder for them to get rid of him. This kid has some real support, and he might be around a while. Don't be to quick to dismiss the conspiracy theory here. Don't forget that there were rumors about Clay beating Ruben. I do believe if things get out of wack, such as Antonella and maybe in a few weeks Sanjaya, FOX will do what it has to so the show doesn't turn into a joke.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I am so glad I don't care for that show. I have never understood why people want to see someone take criticism from people who can't sing themselves.I have no problem with artists taking constructive criticism from a vocal coach,or another singer,but that isn't what this is about.This about creating an uncomfortable scene.Most of these reality shows are about creating an uncomfortable scene.You have to ask yourself what it is about people that makes them like to watch people argue,and get upset.
Well in all fairness, your point about the public watching it has some validity.

But the notion that people who can't sing can't give advice or criticism to those who can sing, is way off base.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:04 PM
The Curragh

you stupid azz i live on the west coast, thanks for blowing it east coast bastards
Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
You don't have to be a vocal coach or a singer in order to know what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure that people like Quincy Jones or Clive Davis probably are average or lousy singers, like most people are. However they know how to listen, they know what is good.
Arguing and getting upset is not what this show is about.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 PM
The Curragh

Antonella should be gone by now
Old 03-08-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
Antonella should be gone by now
Welcome to three hours ago.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Randwyck

Fox could make up the numbers and no one would ever know. Its why I refuse to watch the show. The producers control the outcome, from start to finish. That is their perogative,it is their show. I'm not a conspiracy person at all, but this is so patently obvious its horrible. They are going to get who they want to win the competition.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Monmouth Park

What they need to do is have some sort of judges veto power.....like in season 1