Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Here is Dougs response....

I think it's a tricky question because the graded stakes committee is capable of doing surprising things without logic from time to time. I suppose the Clement Hirsch at Del Mar .. it was a Grade 2 when Zenyatta beat Model two years ago - it was raised to Grade 1 status last year and Zenyatta beat ...
Tell DougS we miss his trivia questions and lists. I hope he recovers from whatever ails him.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I love Steve, and even though he has darted me at least 6 times, he has also let me back. Its just hard to get past the memorys of all those times I attempted to log in, and I was brought to that horrible YOUR GONE PAGE. Like I said a while back, I live FEARING THE DART.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Boring Monday afternoon, figured it was time for a new Top 5 list. This list is ment to be totally serious, I put a lot of work into this.

1. Me- My brief stint as a blogger has to put me at #1 on this list. A long history of big scores, and devastatingly good insight have helped me secure this spot.

2. Doug- The Man, the myth, the legend.... Simply put, Doug is one of the best. If you dont believe me, YAHOO HIM.

3. Andy- The Face of NYRA, he takes strong stands and is very bold in his handicapping. At this rate, someday he could take the top spot from me.

4. Steve- This website says it all, his show is also great. I wanted to put Steve #1, but on a personal note he has darted me at least 6 times, so I just could not.

5. Nick Tammaro- His spot on capital otb website says it all. Virtual Nick is classic, If I ever want to see his face or hear his voice I go.... Everytime I ask him his opinion on a race he sends me there, he needs the "hits" so everyone reading this should go check it out.
Fine work, Joe... especially the part about Yahoo-ing Doug!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Newmarket

Thumbs up Ever thought of working for Vince McMahon???

I had a hernia repair earlier today, this thread & you back here will make my 3 weeks recovering much more entertaining you need your own forum "room" here......one thing you are not Joe, is boring!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 06-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
I love Steve, and even though he has darted me at least 6 times, he has also let me back. Its just hard to get past the memorys of all those times I attempted to log in, and I was brought to that horrible YOUR GONE PAGE. Like I said a while back, I live FEARING THE DART.
He darted you one time and with my pleading, you were back before you knew you were even gone!

I am easily your biggest fan. DT is much better off with you than without.

My top whatever favorite things about PG, in absolutely no particular order.

1. 1985
2. Your ability to change your mind more often that Imelda Marcos in her shoe barn.
3. Your ability to hex anything.
4. The way you rile up people is true genius.
5. The way you suck up to people that you know are better at this stuff than you.
6. Your dogged persistence to stay around.
7. Your obsession with GC.
8. How your obsession with GC always gave you away when you came on here with yet another name.

I'm sure there's lots more too.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
The basment otb stuff is crap, take the adresses and mapquest it, I used to live 2 min walking distance from otb. Anyone in my area can tell you, you guys just all hated me back then.
What makes you think we don't now?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
He darted you one time and with my pleading, you were back before you knew you were even gone!

1. 1985
2. Your ability to change your mind more often that Imelda Marcos in her shoe barn.
5. The way you suck up to people that you know are better at this stuff than you.
8. How your obsession with GC always gave you away when you came on here with yet another name.

Clearly no one is better then me, hence the #1 ranking on this list. My obsession is changing a bit. I love RHT as a sire, I cought him early on with turf horses, before anyone really knew. Im also really loving Candy Ride, check out HollyWood Race 5 yesterday... I had a small win bet.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Bank View Post
What makes you think we don't now?
Ill remember this comment.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Ill remember this comment.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Louisiana Downs

Thumbs up cool

Quote:
Boring Monday afternoon, figured it was time for a new Top 5 list. This list is ment to be totally serious, I put a lot of work into this.

1. Me- My brief stint as a blogger has to put me at #1 on this list. A long history of big scores, and devastatingly good insight have helped me secure this spot.

2. Doug- The Man, the myth, the legend.... Simply put, Doug is one of the best. If you dont believe me, YAHOO HIM.

3. Andy- The Face of NYRA, he takes strong stands and is very bold in his handicapping. At this rate, someday he could take the top spot from me.

4. Steve- This website says it all, his show is also great. I wanted to put Steve #1, but on a personal note he has darted me at least 6 times, so I just could not.

5. Nick Tammaro- His spot on capital otb website says it all. Virtual Nick is classic, If I ever want to see his face or hear his voice I go.... Everytime I ask him his opinion on a race he sends me there, he needs the "hits" so everyone reading this should go check it out.
greetings, nice list, how can i find out more, i'm new here only been here like 3week i read alot of threads/post an i see steve post an he's good..
RHT1985 whats your blog name/link i would like to read it an follow it...

or any other links to the top 5..., i like reading an learning about Horses/picks/sports....... ty
Old 06-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:

This might be your best work ever.....which is high praise indeed.
THIS is why it is good to have you back. Fine work.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:

1. 1985

I've always enjoyed his utter and complete confidence in every stand he takes. He is 100% sure about Giant Moon or Nobiz Like Showbiz or whomever the horse of the minute happens to be. He goes around proclaiming that the horse can't lose....etc.

Then the horse loses.

He then goes on nearly every single thread where he touted the horse and says something akin to "What can I say, I was wrong. I admit it."

That level of self-awareness lasts....oh....about ten minutes and later that same day, he has utter and complete confidence about some other horse. You gotta love it.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Im also really loving Candy Ride, check out HollyWood Race 5 yesterday... I had a small win bet.
How exactly was that horse's pedigree relevant? It was his 20th lifetime start and his 13th consecutive grass race.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315 View Post
How exactly was that horse's pedigree relevant? It was his 20th lifetime start and his 13th consecutive grass race.
Why ask why?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Del Mar

Just trying to learn from the master.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315 View Post
Dude, don't you keep track of how sire's progeny run in their 13th grass race? That's key info.
Candy Ride's are always hot in spots with 12 turf races under 'em. Everybody knows that.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Tropical Park

Can we have other forum members submit their list of top 5 handicappers??? Kinda like our own version of the BCS??? How about a minimum of 1000 posts to be eligible to submit a list??? (This should be funny.)
Old 06-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontheman1964 View Post
Can we have other forum members submit their list of top 5 handicappers??? Kinda like our own version of the BCS??? How about a minimum of 1000 posts to be eligible to submit a list??? (This should be funny.)
Love this idea. Even though I don't have the thousand posts to get me a vote in this "DTS" poll, if I did -- and just based on what I personally have witnessed on "Selections" threads -- my Number One is a young, tooth-chipper that goes by the name of Rootdog1. All I ever see on those threads is that guy cashing Pick-4 tickets! Even his beats seem to be the horse's fault and not faulty handicapping on his part.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontheman1964 View Post
OK.

1. Rock Hard Ten 1985
2. Point Given 1985
3. JCS24385759
4. Can I at please at least Read 1985
5. Sterling.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
OK.

1. Rock Hard Ten 1985
2. Point Given 1985
3. JCS24385759
4. Can I at please at least Read 1985
5. Sterling.
You forgot hrfan, that dude was an awesome handicapper.