Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 PM
The Curragh

Default Ryder Cup 2012

what an embarassment, Tiger could not even save some sliver of dignity and halving his match to give the whole damn thing to Europe.

Stricker and Woods shamed our country this weekend. Losers
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 AM
Randwyck

Like everyone else who follows golf, I was stunned. But don't forget the USA came from behind by the same margin to win the cup in 1999. This is the intrigue of match play. Anything can happen and often does. I feel bad for our team, but you have to respect what the Euro's accomplished. Still just a sport.....
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Goodwood

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8447091
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar View Post
what an embarassment, Tiger could not even save some sliver of dignity and halving his match to give the whole damn thing to Europe.

It's just friggin golf..and yeah..I watched it.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Goodwood

It is just golf. Shaming our country is beyond over the top in this case.

Tiger halving that match meant nothing. As soon as the Euro's won, he just wanted off the course. Tiger was not great all weekend, but he was not horrible. He played well enough on Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon to win points, but got zero help from his partner. I have no doubt that he would've finished off Molinari if they needed him to, but he saw the score and the celebration right in front of him.

Credit to the Euros for raising the level of their game when the pressure was the greatest, but make no mistake about it, this was a monumental choke by the US squad on a course that they set up to suit their playing style.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Hialeah Park

The ghost of Seve carried them through Sunday. Furyk faltering hurt us pretty bad too, but Strick stunk the joint up!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
The ghost of Seve carried them through Sunday. Furyk faltering hurt us pretty bad too, but Strick stunk the joint up!
I thought Mickelson losing was the death blow. He went from almost holing out on 17 and winning the match (at worst getting a half point) to outright losing. Justin Rose just made ridiculous shots/puttts.

The house of cards really started to crumble at that point.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I thought Mickelson losing was the death blow. He went from almost holing out on 17 and winning the match (at worst getting a half point) to outright losing. Justin Rose just made ridiculous shots/puttts.

The house of cards really started to crumble at that point.
The guy who shot a 62 earlier against Tiger was crazy also. I've never seen anyone make that many putts. And Poulter going off Sat afternoon saved them as well..it should have been 11-5 going into Sunday.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar View Post

Old 10-01-2012, 11:28 AM
5'8".. but all man!

I have no problem with the way Mickelson lost. He played well, he just lost to a guy that birdied the last 2 holes. That happens in match play. Furyk choked. Stricker choked. Sneds choked. Webb Simpsons bogey on 17 and his approach on 18 was beyond God-awful.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Randwyck

I watched most of the coverage yesterday and not once did I hear the announcers mention the irony of Olazabel leading his team to victory.
Sweet justice for him.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
I have no problem with the way Mickelson lost. He played well, he just lost to a guy that birdied the last 2 holes. That happens in match play. Furyk choked. Stricker choked. Sneds choked. Webb Simpsons bogey on 17 and his approach on 18 was beyond God-awful.
Agree 100%. There was a lot of choking going on, but not really Phil. About the only thing I saw was he didn't account for being pumped up on 18 and over clubbed.