Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Coach Pants

Default Time for Goodell to go

If her were to follow the disciplinary standards that he imposes on players and coaches he would have been gone already.

This league is a joke.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Keeneland

My measly $100 I had on the Packers doesn't mean much...but this result is as ridiculous as I have ever seen.

This was a robbery on live TV...no other way to put it.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
My measly $100 I had on the Packers doesn't mean much...but this result is as ridiculous as I have ever seen.

This was a robbery on live TV...no other way to put it.
Not that it would help you, but how can this not be overturned by the NFL? It was a clear mistake on the last play of the game. I know it will never happen, but if this were baseball it would be overturned via protest.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
Not that it would help you, but how can this not be overturned by the NFL? It was a clear mistake on the last play of the game. I know it will never happen, but if this were baseball it would be overturned via protest.
Because Goodell is too stubborn to admit he's wrong.

Whatever integrity the NFL had left has to be gone, right?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:41 PM
The Curragh

Let's give Golden Tate some credit, he fought for it til the end. Where did he play his college ball at?
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
Let's give Golden Tate some credit, he fought for it til the end. Where did he play his college ball at?
Seriously, who gives a fuŠk?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Because Goodell is too stubborn to admit he's wrong.

Whatever integrity the NFL had left has to be gone, right?
Watching games this weekend and last night I am done with the NFL for now until they bring back qualified refs. There is no integrity left and the league is a joke. Goodell needs to be ousted. He is a disgrace to the league.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
Seriously, who gives a fuŠk?

the initial call was an abomination. not overturning it is inexplicable.

the nfl absolutely should overturn it. there's no excuse for allowing that to stand.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:07 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

the initial call was an abomination. not overturning it is inexplicable.

the nfl absolutely should overturn it. there's no excuse for allowing that to stand.
As much as the right result would be upheld, there is no precedent for changing the outcome of an NFL game due to referee incompetence the day after the game is final.

I would however love to hear what was said between Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp after the play to overrule the ref signaling touchback because of the INT.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Santa Anita

Roger Goodell is simply behaving as most professional pimps do. 30 some years ago they got other air traffic controllers trained. The war on labor has been ongoing forever. This is simply the latest. Goodell DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS. He'll get what he wants. Most pimps do.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
As much as the right result would be upheld, there is no precedent for changing the outcome of an NFL game due to referee incompetence the day after the game is final.

I would however love to hear what was said between Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp after the play to overrule the ref signaling touchback because of the INT.
i know it's never been done.
but that doesn't mean it can't be done now. what's worse? the failure to overturn the horrible call during review, or letting seattle 'win' a game it clearly didn't.
in the past, when you've had bad calls, it hasn't necessarily been the last call as time expired. it's time to set precedent-don't let an awful call stand here, there's no reason to let it stand.
and the guy who said the ruling stood, who reviewed it, he should be sacked. he shouldn't be able to call peewee football, let alone a professional game.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Roger Goodell is simply behaving as most professional pimps do. 30 some years ago they got other air traffic controllers trained. The war on labor has been ongoing forever. This is simply the latest. Goodell DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS. He'll get what he wants. Most pimps do.
war on labor?! refs are laborers now? they want to make a ton of money for a few hours work part of the year. sorry, i don't agree that the refs are correct in this matter.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
war on labor?! refs are laborers now? they want to make a ton of money for a few hours work part of the year. sorry, i don't agree that the refs are correct in this matter.
yes they are. it's an incredibly difficult and specialized job. extremely unimportant in the scheme of life, but so is the quarterback's job extremely unimportant in life's scheme. the pay they want is not even remotely close to the players. the refs are correct, the end.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
yes they are. it's an incredibly difficult and specialized job. extremely unimportant in the scheme of life, but so is the quarterback's job extremely unimportant in life's scheme. the pay they want is not even remotely close to the players. the refs are correct, the end.
the pay shouldn't be remotely close. last i heard the refs were asking for 20 million more than the league was offering.
i find that absurd.

and it's not hard-we all make calls at home all the time!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Santa Anita

and of course the refs are laborers, to think otherwise is simply wrong.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post

The damage is done, you can't change what has been done now. The ref that signalled touch down and the ref that reviewed the play had to have some large on the game because no one in their right mind can say that was a catch and a TD unless of course you received your education at Notre Dame
Old 09-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
and of course the refs are laborers, to think otherwise is simply wrong.
i appreciate you giving your opinion.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
The damage is done, you can't change what has been done now. The ref that signalled touch down and the ref that reviewed the play had to have some large on the game because no one in their right mind can say that was a catch and a TD unless of course you received your education at Notre Dame
i was simply amazed, and appalled, that they upheld that ruling on review. bad enough the initial mistake was made by one ref-but to let it stand? inconceivable!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:
i was simply amazed, and appalled, that they upheld that ruling on review. bad enough the initial mistake was made by one ref-but to let it stand? inconceivable!
Are the replay officials replacement too?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
Not that it matters in the scheme of things because there were bad calls on Seattle too, but the earlier PI on Shields was atrocious and they gave the kicking ball to Rodgers on the 2pt conversion.