Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar View Post
on the other hand what do you expect him to say. I would just say no comment and smile, dont be a total ******* about it
Exactly, just get off the field instead of making an ass out of yourself.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Saratoga

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...als/70001098/1

Damar Hamlin
Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Belmont Park

Rodgers says he was given a kicking ball by the refs for a 2 pt. conversion attempt.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UGIGoK4m8fY
Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Worst. ****ing. Officiating. Ever.
As a Bears fan sitting in WI watching a Badger alum throwing the hail mary it may rank as one of the sweetest plays ever.

Karma coming back for the purposeful injury of McMahon by the pack a few decades ago.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

goodell must have had money on seattle.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Teamsters

This is what happens when you use scabs, instead of solid UNION officials, who actually have the nerve to be looking for a little pension. Chump change in the grand scheme of things. Just pay them and keep the integrity of the game.

* with technology what it is, isn't there a way to have higher goalposts so that the ball can't go over them. When they are gonna attempt a field goal, you press a button, Like the old power radio antenna on a caddy, and the the post goes up about 20 feet. These guys are kicking the ball high into the net from 50, and they haven't figured out that a change is in order.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
There was nothing brilliant about that play. Did you get your education at ND? If so they ripped you off, because you are showing your lack of intelligence by that comment
What do you think the NFL should do regarding the replacement refs?

Damar Hamlin
Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
What do you think the NFL should do regarding the replacement refs?
It is obvious that these guys are in way over there head and yes now it has cost the players and fans at least 1 game. Fortunately no one has been seriously hurt, but in my opinion this shows the lack of respect by the NFL for their product. They believe they are bigger than the game and you are going to watch it no matter what and you know what they are probably right. I don't think they should be playing until they get competent officials on the field. Will the regular refs make mistakes, of course. However watching the games the last 3 weeks is ridiculous. Some of these guys weren't competent enough to ref lingerie games. Most haven't officiated above the D3 level in college. It isn't there fault they are not good enough. I believe they shouldn't play another game until they get competent officials on the field. It is not fair to the players, fans, bettors, etc.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
It is obvious that these guys are in way over there head and yes now it has cost the players and fans at least 1 game. Fortunately no one has been seriously hurt, but in my opinion this shows the lack of respect by the NFL for their product. They believe they are bigger than the game and you are going to watch it no matter what and you know what they are probably right. I don't think they should be playing until they get competent officials on the field. Will the regular refs make mistakes, of course. However watching the games the last 3 weeks is ridiculous. Some of these guys weren't competent enough to ref lingerie games. Most haven't officiated above the D3 level in college. It isn't there fault they are not good enough. I believe they shouldn't play another game until they get competent officials on the field. It is not fair to the players, fans, bettors, etc.
I agree with your position 100% but I am suprised that in this case you are for negotiating with a union rather then breaking it by using scabs which seems to be inconsistent with your political views.

Damar Hamlin
Old 09-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I agree with your position 100% but I am suprised that in this case you are for negotiating with a union rather then breaking it by using scabs which seems to be inconsistent with your political views.
Public unions and private unions are different in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with private unions. Public unions are completely different.

"All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters."- FDR
Old 09-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Public unions and private unions are different in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with private unions. Public unions are completely different.

"All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters."- FDR
Fair enough

Damar Hamlin
Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Havre de Grace

Default told it to a mule he'd kick ya.

don't tell me anybody is buying this snowjob. can you say hypocrite ?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Arlington Park

http://www.latimes.com/sports/footba...,4257655.story

Lance Easley is the side judge who ruled a “simultaneous catch” between Seattle receiver Golden Tate and Packers safety M.D. Jennings, who appeared to have possession of the ball when both players hit the ground. Another official initially ruled the play as an interception and touchback.

Both officials missed Tate shoving a defender out of the way as the pass came toward them, which should have resulted in a penalty for offensive pass interference.

The NFL requires its permanent officials to have at least 10 years' experience, including at least five in major-college football. Easley, the least experienced of the Monday night crew, had four years of experience, none above Division III.

In fact, last summer Easley was deemed not ready to officiate at the Division I level, according to Karl Richins, who made the determination along with his staff at the Stars and Stripes Academy for Football Officials in Salt Lake City.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
don't tell me anybody is buying this snowjob. can you say hypocrite ?
You can't be serious. The only reason why these officials don't have the experience to referee NFL games is because the only officials that can possibly get that experience are the ones who are in the union.

Somehow the fact that unions exclude others from getting the experience needed to be able to perform the job proves that unions provide a better product and because the replacement officials are "scabs" they are bad? That is really comical.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Havre de Grace

The NFL officials are graded every week. They are the best of the best. When you use Union employees, you are getting the best bang for your buck. We are accountable. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that you would rather have some cheap Chinese knock off than a nice Union made in America product that you know is quality work. If your head was any further up yorass it would be choking you.