Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default Brandon Phillips claims racisim against unidentified player on Twitter

Quote:
#RealTalk... Not really surprised by what I heard come outta another player's mouth tonite but DAMN... Still PISSED bout that $hˇ+!! #Racism

— Brandon Phillips (@DatDudeBP) September 11, 2012

This guy is a complete clown.

He got hit in the ass with a ball last night in the Pirates/Reds series where the Pirates are due to throw at some Reds after what happened in the last series ... and he tosses the ball back at the pitcher and makes a big spectacle of it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_24659381&v=3

If that wasn't enough -- he feels the need to yell at McCutchen and go on Twitter crying about racism but afraid to name any names.

The Pirates still have to throw at Joey Votto -- but Phillips is definitely getting hit again. I hope they hit him right in the head next time.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

McCutchen's batting avg sunk from .373 to .340 after he got drilled the neck with a 101MPH fastball and Pittsburgh never got anyone back for it.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
This guy is a complete clown.

He got hit in the ass with a ball last night in the Pirates/Reds series where the Pirates are due to throw at some Reds after what happened in the last series ... and he tosses the ball back at the pitcher and makes a big spectacle of it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_24659381&v=3

If that wasn't enough -- he feels the need to yell at McCutchen and go on Twitter crying about racism but afraid to name any names.

The Pirates still have to throw at Joey Votto -- but Phillips is definitely getting hit again. I hope they hit him right in the head next time.

There's obvious history here, Phillips should just be happy that the kid hit him in the ass and keep his mouth shut. Especially since it was a 3-3 game in the 8th. You're the freaking winning run, at that point you should be trying to get on base anyway you can.

Someone from the Pirates should throw some real chin music at him tonight.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

My money is on A. J. Burnett on Wednesday.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Randwyck

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...esolve-things/

Still think Votto needs to get one for McCutchen getting hit by Chapman last month.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
McCutchen's batting avg sunk from .373 to .340 after he got drilled the neck with a 101MPH fastball and Pittsburgh never got anyone back for it.
No one gets hit and the Pirates get swept for the second series in a row. The freefall in the standings continues since McCutchen got hit. Forget the wild card, the Pirates may just keep their historic consecutive losing record streak in tact at this rate.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

I was disappointed.

That's what happens when you don't stand up for your far and away best player after he gets drilled high with a 101 MPH fastball.

If someone tries to bully and intimidate your girlfriend -- and you don't do something about it right than or the next time you see them -- chances are you won't be getting the same kind of production from her that she had been giving you either.

I get that the Pirates are still only 2.5 games back in the wildcard and that they have the Reds for a 3-game series at home near the very end of the season and "can take care of things than" in front of their fans ... but McCutchen and the team he was carrying on his back have both been in a dreadful tailspin ever since Chapman beaned him.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Sha Tin

McCutchen getting hit isnt the reason the Pirates are losing. Regression to the mean, thats all. In other words coming back to reality. They are averaging scoring 4.09 runs and allowing 4.10. All that is happening is they are becoming the .500 team that they are. Truth is as many subpar offensive players that they keep trotting out there they are probably playing over their heads at .500.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
McCutchen getting hit isnt the reason the Pirates are losing. Regression to the mean, thats all. In other words coming back to reality. They are averaging scoring 4.09 runs and allowing 4.10. All that is happening is they are becoming the .500 team that they are. Truth is as many subpar offensive players that they keep trotting out there they are probably playing over their heads at .500.
Why does Barajas ever see the field? Then again I guess I can ask the same question regarding Barmes. The trade of Lincoln, their top pitcher out of the bullpen has really taken a toll...check out some of the late game performances.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Why does Barajas ever see the field? Then again I guess I can ask the same question regarding Barmes. The trade of Lincoln, their top pitcher out of the bullpen has really taken a toll...check out some of the late game performances.
Yeah and Presley and Tabata are far below replacement value as well. Thing is those are 2 positions (C and SS) that it is hard to find cheap, competent help
Old 09-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Yeah and Presley and Tabata are far below replacement value as well. Thing is those are 2 positions (C and SS) that it is hard to find cheap, competent help
The key word for most all positions as far as Nutting and Huntington are concerned.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
McCutchen getting hit isnt the reason the Pirates are losing. Regression to the mean, thats all. In other words coming back to reality.
McCutchen before Chapman hit him:

.372 - 22 HR - 66 RBI's

McCutchen after Chapman hit him:

.244 - 4 HR - 19 RBI's

The teams record before Chapman hit McCutchen:

60-44

The teams record after Chapman hit McCutchen:

12-26

Maybe it is 100% regression to the mean like you think -- but as soon as it happened I felt strongly that the Pirates needed to turn the next game into an absolute circus and start throwing at the heads of Reds players.

Having your star get drilled with a 101 MPH fastball up high -- have him come back and throw a fit in the dugout -- and do absolutely nothing about it ... read the Art of War, what would Sun Tzu do?