Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Trout didn't come up until the end of April. The Angels had the best record in the American league from from that point on. It is close but Trout deserves it.
Don't you think Pujols playing a lot better had a lot to do with that also though? People forget how bad he was in April. He's going to finish the year hitting around .290, with 30 HR's and over 100 RBI's.

In April he hit .217, with 0 HR's and 4 RBI's.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Don't you think Pujols playing a lot better had a lot to do with that also though? People forget how bad he was in April. He's going to finish the year hitting around .290, with 30 HR's and over 100 RBI's.

In April he hit .217, with 0 HR's and 4 RBI's.
Yeah, but maybe the addition of Trout helped Pujols better pitches to get him going. If you take away the title "triple crown" and just look at ALL the numbers, Trout's numbers and year were superior.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Yeah, but maybe the addition of Trout helped Pujols better pitches to get him going. If you take away the title "triple crown" and just look at ALL the numbers, Trout's numbers and year were superior.
I would agree that Pujols saw better pitching after Trout got there. But it's kind of hard to ignore someone leading the league in BA, HR's and RBI's.

No argument at all that Trout is a better player overall. But IMO you have to award the kind of season Cabrera had with an MVP. Trout's getting rewarded with Rookie of the Year.

That said, I respect your opinion, i just disagree.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Flemington

Granderson two dingers tonight puts him one behind Miggy. He might get one more at bat.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:42 PM
pointmanscousin

Should poor fielding yield to great hitting in the mvp award? Historically ,I guess it does.It's kind of a glitzy thing .It's like the Queen of England:It doesn't really matter.

If there were no such award, players would be just as valuable.

There should be a Most Expendable Award.You know, "we could have done it without you". I like the Indians first baseperson for that one. I don't even remember his name, thus underlining his nonvalue.He would also get an Aluminum Slugger award.

I would express no extreme unction should M.Cabrerra get a HoleInTheGlove award.

The Cy Old award to Ubaldo Jiminez.

So easy.