Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default 49ers (Moss sighting)

They look like a top old school football team.

I watched a couple of great defensive performances today. Cleveland was awesome and the 49ers played excellent defense as well.

I was disappointed that Moss only played about 25% of the snaps. He made the best of them, catching all 4 targets for 47 yards and a TD.

It looks like they want to use him mainly as a redzone WR.

He came in a couple of times in what looked like an otherwise Goaline formation where he was the only WR on the field. Pretty clever use of him because he keeps the safety out of the box -- and they ran outside behind him almost everytime because of his great run blocking skills in terms of clearing out and shield blocking.

Other than redzone and in a lone WR goaline type formation, he got rotated in for an occasional 2 or 3 snap sequences when they'd get around mid field.

If he wanted a big new contract, the smart move was to go play for the Saints with Drew Brees, in a dome, getting in shootout after shootout and putting up legit stats. Sadly, this is going to be a boring year, but in this limited role he will help the 49ers a lot ... and that team simply doesn't need any help. It's the best defensive unit a team with Moss has ever had. It's also by far the best running game a team with Moss has ever had.

Should be a championship year for the 49ers. Beating the Packers in GB was a good start.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Coach Pants

I bookmarked this thread.

NO way they win a super bowl with Mormon Puss.yface.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Alex Smith is probably the weakest link to the whole team -- but he will never have to win anything by himself.

All he has to do is not screw things up and turn the ball over 3 times by himself.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Coach Pants

Well you're asking a lot.

Plus Gore is due for an injury. Moss will get grumpy sitting on the sidelines 75% of the time.

I don't think the offense is that great. Green Bay's defense are bunch of ho's.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

After 2 games -- Moss has been thrown to 6 times -- those six passes thrown at him have resulted in 5 catches for 61 yards, 1 Touchdown, plus one defensive pass interference penalty in the endzone.

He's literally been perfect from the few targets he has received.

Here is a chart from ESPN on how the offense as a whole has performed with him on the field VS him not on the field:

It's pretty annoying watching these games when you know he can do a lot more. He's thrown his left arm up twice -- his signal that if the QB is looking right now he knows he has his defender beat -- both times he didn't get the ball.

I know he's only there because the defense and the running game is his best chance to get a ring. He's going to have a hard time getting a guaranteed new contract next year at this rate.

Literally, his biggest impact with this team, is getting Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis to sit in the front row at team meetings.

That was reportedly the only thing Harbaugh asked of him, was to sit in the front row -- as he saw both Crabtree and Vernon Davis gravitated to Moss and both of them were guys who would (from the sounds of it) doze off in the back of the room during team meetings.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
After 2 games -- Moss has been thrown to 6 times -- those six passes thrown at him have resulted in 5 catches for 61 yards, 1 Touchdown, plus one defensive pass interference penalty in the endzone.

He's literally been perfect from the few targets he has received.

Here is a chart from ESPN on how the offense as a whole has performed with him on the field VS him not on the field:

It's pretty annoying watching these games when you know he can do a lot more. He's thrown his left arm up twice -- his signal that if the QB is looking right now he knows he has his defender beat -- both times he didn't get the ball.

I know he's only there because the defense and the running game is his best chance to get a ring. He's going to have a hard time getting a guaranteed new contract next year at this rate.

Literally, his biggest impact with this team, is getting Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis to sit in the front row at team meetings.

That was reportedly the only thing Harbaugh asked of him, was to sit in the front row -- as he saw both Crabtree and Vernon Davis gravitated to Moss and both of them were guys who would (from the sounds of it) doze off in the back of the room during team meetings.
Despite all this, I had to release him from my fantasy team and pick up Brandon LeFell.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
Despite all this, I had to release him from my fantasy team and pick up Brandon LeFell.
Thanks to being the 2nd worst team so far -- and drafting Ahmad Bradshaw -- I lucked into getting Andre Brown off of waivers.

That dude ran like Jim Brown last night.

The announcers said he was cut 7 different times.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Thanks to being the 2nd worst team so far -- and drafting Ahmad Bradshaw -- I lucked into getting Andre Brown off of waivers.

That dude ran like Jim Brown last night.

The announcers said he was cut 7 different times.
By 5 teams and circled back to the Giants. Hope he can keep it up, despite being a Cowboy fan.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Randwyck

Interesting. While down the whole 2nd half, Randy Moss was on the field for only 7 plays.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadave View Post
and the AZ Cards keep winning under the radar.
I don't want to jump the gun but surely you went to Vegas and bet them to win the NFC?

They are a contender with Kolb. He had one or two bad series in the 3rd quarter but other than that he was on
Old 09-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Coach Pants

Staying healthy is key. Need a full season out of Beanie.