Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985
Even with her loss yesterday I would take Goldikova any day over Gio Ponti.

darn rain....
Old 10-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Coach Pants

One, twice, three tiiiimes a clicky.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
this makes absolutely no sense. exactly what type of logic do you use to decide that one horse has an excusable effort, while another does not? if goldikova is worthy of benefit of the doubt, i would expect the same could be said about gio ponti.
Gio Ponti is simply not very fast and never has been. Hes a grinder, a high classed plodder IMO. He beat shitty Euros at best in the Arlington Million "ask Brockguy about it, Im sure he will agree"

Where are the good horses he has beat this year? Im just not sold on him and I never have been.... If you want to sit here and argue Gio Ponti is better then Goldikova going a mile then IMO the joke is on you.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Gio Ponti is simply not very fast and never has been. Hes a grinder, a high classed plodder IMO. He beat shitty Euros at best in the Arlington Million "ask Brockguy about it, Im sure he will agree"

Where are the good horses he has beat this year? Im just not sold on him and I never have been.... If you want to sit here and argue Gio Ponti is better then Goldikova going a mile then IMO the joke is on you.
Why do you insist on utilizing catch phrases to categorize race horses? Especially on turf, where it's all about trips.

Gio is the best turf horse in the country. PERIOD. He's proven this by winning under a number of different setups, something 99.99% of all horses are unable to do. Nonetheless, GP is not better than Ventura going 8F. (Unless Gomez is up and blows the ride again.) As for Goldikova, you really need to watch the replay of her BC win again and try, AT LEAST, to understand why she got the ABSOLUTELY BEST POSSIBLE TRIP a horse can get.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
Gio is the best turf horse in the country. PERIOD.
In your opinion is it because he's that good or is it by default?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Why do you insist on utilizing catch phrases to categorize race horses? Especially on turf, where it's all about trips.

Gio is the best turf horse in the country. PERIOD. He's proven this by winning under a number of different setups, something 99.99% of all horses are unable to do. Nonetheless, GP is not better than Ventura going 8F. (Unless Gomez is up and blows the ride again.) As for Goldikova, you really need to watch the replay of her BC win again and try, AT LEAST, to understand why she got the ABSOLUTELY BEST POSSIBLE TRIP a horse can get.
Did you feel Dominquez Declared victory too early yesterday thinking that Interpratation was done.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62
Did you feel Dominquez Declared victory too early yesterday thinking that Interpratation was done.
Dominguez moved too soon in the Man o' War and the Million, as well. How do you explain yesterday's performance? Doesn't make sense. Losing to that mule?
Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
As for Goldikova, you really need to watch the replay of her BC win again and try, AT LEAST, to understand why she got the ABSOLUTELY BEST POSSIBLE TRIP a horse can get.
I said this in another thread but no one responded... it was a dream run for her last year.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

i never said i thought gio was better than goldikova. what i said was i don't understand why you think goldikova should get excused for a loss, but one loss is all you need to completely toss gio ponti.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Fairgrounds

I think that even if Gio Ponti won,you guys would still use up 168 posts to bash him.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Fine showing from the older horses today in the Gold Cup.
It's not the same race less than 12f. It's like a one turn mile for the younger horses after they wake up after the 1/4.