Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62
You don't have to watch the races to get a few nuggets, simply draw a line through all tommorows DIRT starters that you see on Breeders Cup Day.
Interesting theory....................
Old 10-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Longchamps

10TH (5:43) Jockey Club Gold Cup S. (G1)

1 1/4 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $750,000

1 Sette E Mezzo Dominguez R A 126 L
2 Macho Again Albarado R J 126 L
3 Summer Bird Desormeaux K J 122 L
4 Tizway Maragh R 126 L
5 Asiatic Boy (ARG) Garcia Alan 126 Blk-On L
6 Dry Martini Prado E S 126 L
7 Quality Road Velazquez J R 122 L

This is a very interesting race
Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Flemington

The Hirsch really is going to get killed with scratches as either Winchester or Gio Ponti could scratch, Presious Passion is likely to and Ready's Echo is cross-entered on Sunday in another short field:

4th (2:35)
Kelso H. (G2)

1 Mile (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $250,000

Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.
1 Le Grand Cru Lezcano J 113 L
2 Court Vision Dominguez R A 120 Blk-On L
3 Yorktown (FR) Rose J 113 L
4 Ready's Echo Leparoux J R 114 L
5 Yield Bogey Samyn J L 114 L
Old 10-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
The Hirsch really is going to get killed with scratches as either Winchester or Gio Ponti could scratch, Presious Passion is likely to and Ready's Echo is cross-entered on Sunday in another short field:

4th (2:35)
Kelso H. (G2)

1 Mile (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $250,000

Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.
1 Le Grand Cru Lezcano J 113 L
2 Court Vision Dominguez R A 120 Blk-On L
3 Yorktown (FR) Rose J 113 L
4 Ready's Echo Leparoux J R 114 L
5 Yield Bogey Samyn J L 114 L
Winchester and Gio Ponti could both run but you're right about Ready's Echo and Presious Passion. This whole charade about PP needing firm turf is funny b/c what he really needs is the same soft competition he beat up on at Mth and GP.

NT
Old 10-02-2009, 03:30 PM
The Curragh

The All Grade 1's Pick 4 is looking better and better. Shoot, pass on a couple races 2morrow and use that money to put together a nice Pick 4 at Belmont. Here's hoping that we can get a nice string of 4 races that pays a couple thousand at the end.

Lets look at the Pick 4,
Race 7 5 horses entered, 4 of which are very legit winners
Race 8 7 entries
Race 9 8 entries
Race 10 7 entries

Just my humble opinion but that is a nice sequence for a Pick 4 and I look forward to watching and betting! Lets look for the positives!

You know, I tend to look for quality, not quanity. I'll take a 5 horse field if it has 5 legit entries anyday versus a 10 horse field full of entries who show beyers of -0. Ah yes, Beulah will be open in no time
Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
The All Grade 1's Pick 4 is looking better and better. Shoot, pass on a couple races 2morrow and use that money to put together a nice Pick 4 at Belmont. Here's hoping that we can get a nice string of 4 races that pays a couple thousand at the end.

Lets look at the Pick 4,
Race 7 5 horses entered, 4 of which are very legit winners
Race 8 7 entries
Race 9 8 entries
Race 10 7 entries

Just my humble opinion but that is a nice sequence for a Pick 4 and I look forward to watching and betting! Lets look for the positives!

You know, I tend to look for quality, not quanity. I'll take a 5 horse field if it has 5 legit entries anyday versus a 10 horse field full of entries who show beyers of -0. Ah yes, Beulah will be open in no time
Sorry to be a buzzkill, but the way this meet has been going, I wouldn't count on any Pick 4's paying a couple thousand ever. The sequence looks incredibly chalky to me. I tried, but I just don't see the cute horses that'll trip this thing for four figures. Still should be a great day of racing, but if you're looking to get rich, I don't think this is the day.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:44 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Sorry to be a buzzkill, but the way this meet has been going, I wouldn't count on any Pick 4's paying a couple thousand ever. The sequence looks incredibly chalky to me. I tried, but I just don't see the cute horses that'll trip this thing for four figures. Still should be a great day of racing, but if you're looking to get rich, I don't think this is the day.
No buzzkill at all, reality. I am gonna try and get this thing down with possibly 2 singles, and play it for like $5 bucks or more. Take a stand and chance and see how it shakes down. You are probably right, chalky.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Saratoga

5/All/1/All cost you 49 for a buck
All/All/1/3 cost ya 35 for a buck...

Don't expect to visit the IRS window...
Old 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62
5/All/1/All cost you 49 for a buck
All/All/1/3 cost ya 35 for a buck...

Don't expect to visit the IRS window...
Yo, talkin different lingo, I am not playing a Pick 4 ticket for a dollar, not with this sequence. Talkin at least a $5 Pick 4.

I may try and beat the favorites in the JCGC and use Asiatic Boy and Dry Martini, leaning towards Asiatic Boy. Wow, QR and Bird should be heavy favorites, but............................................... ...............................
Old 10-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Saratoga

Gotcha.... I like your thinking with Dry Martini as nice value that is where I am heading. I think SUmmer Bird will be overbet and as a 3 year old I am not sold against these.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Del Mar

I dont think Fabulous Strike has to win tomorrow. I have a strong feeling they are going to go really nuts up front and Kodiak Kowboy is going to steal the show. Never been a huge fan of his but I think tomorrow is the time to bet him. People will be disuaded by his reputation for "not liking 6F" which is completely untrue and you may see the best price on him in a long time. Thinking the betting centers strongly around Fabulous Strike and Munnings, and maybe the Kowboy is let go at 4/1. You guys notice Asmussen has him back in his barn?
Old 10-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Churchill Downs

Certainly Hold Me Back didn't give the sophomore class a boost with his uninspiring race in the Kentucky Cup Classic.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
I dont think Fabulous Strike has to win tomorrow. I have a strong feeling they are going to go really nuts up front and Kodiak Kowboy is going to steal the show. Never been a huge fan of his but I think tomorrow is the time to bet him. People will be disuaded by his reputation for "not liking 6F" which is completely untrue and you may see the best price on him in a long time. Thinking the betting centers strongly around Fabulous Strike and Munnings, and maybe the Kowboy is let go at 4/1. You guys notice Asmussen has him back in his barn?
That last race sealed the deal for me with Kodiak Kowboy. He just can't get it done unless he has the race served up for him. Even when he beat Fabulous Strike in the Carter, FS ran such a better race, it was a travesty he had to lose. It's a good field, so I don't advocate taking 3/5 on FS, but he's showed more rating capability this year than in the past and who exactly is the speedball in here? FS didn't have much issue with the pace Go Go Shoot set last time.

If FS loses it'll be to Munnings, but I don't see it happening at six furlongs.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
That last race sealed the deal for me with Kodiak Kowboy. He just can't get it done unless he has the race served up for him. Even when he beat Fabulous Strike in the Carter, FS ran such a better race, it was a travesty he had to lose. It's a good field, so I don't advocate taking 3/5 on FS, but he's showed more rating capability this year than in the past and who exactly is the speedball in here? FS didn't have much issue with the pace Go Go Shoot set last time.

The Assman may make the difference.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
The Assman may make the difference.
His powers are great, but I don't think he can make a confirmed seven-furlong nibbler beat the best six-furlong horse in the land.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
His powers are great, but I don't think he can make a confirmed seven-furlong nibbler beat the best six-furlong horse in the land.
I dare not doubt him. And slop will be the topping.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
He barely got up and beat him by 1 length. I thought Go Go Shoot had him at the 1/16th pole. I agree with you on the Carter. Fab Strike will be shorter than 3/5 imo, unless the Munnings fans really go nuts.

Nice race, even with the short field.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
He barely got up and beat him by 1 length. I thought Go Go Shoot had him at the 1/16th pole. I agree with you on the Carter. Fab Strike will be shorter than 3/5 imo, unless the Munnings fans really go nuts.

I am leaning towards Go Go Shoot as a possible single for a price.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:

And where was Kodiak Kowboy?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
I am leaning towards Go Go Shoot as a possible single for a price.
I dont like him at all. In fact he would be my first and possibly only throwout of this bunch. The time to bet him was last time.

Thats the reason I like Kowboy. You think Ramon is going to just let Go Go Shoot get loose again? He (on Fab Strike) had to work very hard to get up in his last race and I doubt the pace scenario will roll that way again.

I sense a strong pace duel developing and the Kowboy coming on late.

The best myth in horse racing is that Kodiak Kowboy doesnt run well going 6F