Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Arlington Park

this is why i love this country. freedom isn't lip service. a bunch of pussies run around frilling their skirts because they imagine this is an insult and not a clear demonstration of what's best about this country don't run things.

i know it's not just new yorkers making this an issue. but seriously, wtf is going on? you used to be the first ones i'd want on my side in a fight. now, the idea of trying terrorists nearby is too much to deal with and we're too delicate to have a mosque in the neighborhood? seriously?

you folks used to have backbone. i'd love to see that again.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
this is why i love this country. freedom isn't lip service. a bunch of pussies run around frilling their skirts because they imagine this is an insult and not a clear demonstration of what's best about this country don't run things.

i know it's not just new yorkers making this an issue. but seriously, wtf is going on? you used to be the first ones i'd want on my side in a fight. now, the idea of trying terrorists nearby is too much to deal with and we're too delicate to have a mosque in the neighborhood? seriously?

you folks used to have backbone. i'd love to see that again.
Yeah and you'd never see two towers falling and the tough guys running from the cloud of dust.

What a bunch of pu.ssies.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i find your comments on this to be disgusting. people who commit criminal acts should be treated as needed. those who happen to belong to the same religion as a criminal shouldn't be painted with the same brush.
i'm unsure of what religion tim mcveigh and his accomplice were, but i believe both were of a christian belief. if the church they belonged to wanted to build within two blocks of the murrah building, would you care? i doubt it.

we as a country cannot and should not change our behaviors based on the actions of some bad people. that would be so wrong, and so counter to what we are supposed to stand for.
btw
he had help from Muslims
Old 08-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

we're not the problem. If the City can stop an adult book store from opening in a given location they can tell a cult they can't build 2 blocks from ground zero.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Coach Pants

ah see a growin pattern hea
Old 08-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Yeah and you'd never see two towers falling and the tough guys running from the cloud of dust.

What a bunch of pu.ssies.
good point. 9/11 was exactly the same as someone building a mosque. my bad.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Flemington

This Political Correctness is exactly what got those people in the buildings killed in the 1st place. We let Muslim terrorists come in here n' have their way. God forbide we inconvenience any Muslims that wanted to come hang out here for years at a time. This so called religion (more of a hate group than a religion) calls for the death of those members who try to leave it. So, again, we have the hypocrisy of wanting religious freedom for themselves, but not for non-believers, or those trying to leave the "faith." Why would you give religious rights to any group that calls for killing people that try to leave it? Their prophet was in favor of at least partial mutilation of female genitalia. Tell ya what, when I hear the Imam come out against the things that are against American Laws (that you will surely say most Muslims are against,) then I'll be for the Mosque. Not before he does it. Just this last week I heard an Imam refuse to call Hamas a terrorist group. This stuff about most Muslims blah blah blah. Keep it. Have this Imam come out publicly against the things in the Koran that are against our laws. Period. Right now, Non-Muslims (in many muslim countries) get arrested for eating publicly before sundown. This is their Ramadan period. They don't believe in giving those people freedom from Islam. Soon as they get here, they want the freedoms that they refused to give non-believers in their country. You're bending over backwards for the most severe hypocrites on earth. People are denied permits for stuff all the time. Fact is they want a Mosque here to thumb their noses at non-Muslims. It's what they do. I want to hear the IMAM come out against the terror group Hamas. He wants to be that close to a Muslim terror site. I want to hear him come out publicly against all Muslim Terrorist Groups. It's against our laws for men to hit their wife. I want him to come out against the Koran on that, too. If most muslims don't do it, fine. Come out against it. Come out n' show respect for our laws.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-15-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut View Post
btw
he had help from Muslims

so, therefore all are bad. how utterly ridiculous.
good people do not change how they behave because of the actions of a few others. if you do that, you are reducing yourself. is this what we want? we are suddenly to turn our backs because of the actions of a few radicals? innocent muslims lost their lives that day on 9/11. but i guess that doesn't matter, they were obviously terrorists as well, simply because they share osama bin ladens religion? i think that's bull.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i read yesterday that muslims in this country are being cautious this year about their ramadan religious festivities, as part of their holiday could fall on 9/11. they're scaling back on their usual activities, or even putting part of their usual happenings on other days, to avoid any thoughts by others that they are being uncaring about 9/11. yep, sounds like a bunch of terrorists to me.

yep, did a search and here's a link:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religio...Top+Stories%29

Moghul said most New York Muslims likely won't celebrate the way they normally do, and noted that a significant number lost relatives when the World Trade Center was destroyed. Many imams in the city plan sermons on dealing with loss and grief.

"It's a very painful day for everyone," Moghul said.

However, he and other American Muslim leaders don't want to make so many changes that they appear to be giving in to those who reject any Muslim observance in the United States. Some critics have said Muslims should move the date of the eid.

"It's like being offended that 9/11 and Christmas fall on the same day," said Safaa Zarzour, secretary general of the Islamic Society of North America, an Indiana-based communal group with tens of thousands of members. "There is something unsettling about that."

Yvonne Maffei, 35, of Des Plaines, Ill., a Chicago suburb, said she and her husband plan to stick with their usual Eid al-Fitr plan. They will attend morning prayers at their local mosque, go out for brunch then visit friends during the day.

"I think most Americans understand the value and place of religious holidays in a person's life," said Maffei, editor of My Halal Kitchen, a blog with recipes that meet Islamic dietary laws. "For those who don't, I just hope they will take the time to try and understand not only why we are celebrating at this time, but also what we are celebrating, which is the end of the holy month of Ramadan, a blessed month of fasting and attaining closeness to Allah."
Old 08-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Havre de Grace

I think its bull that 3000 people died on one day because "true believers" listened to a madman and committed a horrendous crime!...and continue to do various acts against innocents because of their twisted views.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan View Post
I think its bull that 3000 people died on one day because "true believers" listened to a madman and committed a horrendous crime!...and continue to do various acts against innocents because of their twisted views.
i agree. what that has to do with building a mosque i don't know.

also, islam is perhaps 1% of our entire population, i don't see them 'taking over' any time soon. our very freedom of religion that many are currently trying to ignore in this situation will prevent any 'taking over' by this religion in future.
it's funny...you see criminal acts perpetrated by christians, yet no one ever goes nuts about a church being built nearby...when a christian kills people, it's a crime, a rampage, a shooting spree. crosses are erected in memory, no problem. when three thousand people are killed in a criminal act in new york city, it's a religious war. when the fed building got blown up in oklahoma, it had no religious connotations at all. the perpetrators weren't different, so they weren't 'them'. now, it's 'them' vs 'us'. it's ok for george bush to say god told him to attack, but we sure have a problem with anyone saying a thing about allah.

as for those who say there was no condemnation by muslims about 9/11 or terrorism, i did a search-not that i think you'll go to this link and check out all the cited sources.

http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
good point. 9/11 was exactly the same as someone building a mosque. my bad.
It sure was, Captain Smug.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut View Post
we're not the problem. If the City can stop an adult book store from opening in a given location they can tell a cult they can't build 2 blocks from ground zero.
Cult? No more a cult - and a sometimes violent, "hate towards others" cult - than Christianity is.

Americans who are Muslim have been an integral part of that neighborhood well before WTC was built. Other Americans are trying to prevent their freedom to continue living their lives there. That's not gonna happen in this country. Thank god.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Coach Pants

Allahu Akbar!

All hail the flying spaghetti monster!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Allahu Akbar!

All hail the flying spaghetti monster!
and invisible pink unicorns...
Old 08-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Keeneland

Here, Wing, some more images for you

"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i agree. what that has to do with building a mosque i don't know.

also, islam is perhaps 1% of our entire population,]
Better tell Riot's President that LMAO

It is important to note that “if you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world”.

So says President Barack Obama.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/to..._in_the_world/
Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post

It is important to note that “if you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world”.

The number of people who adhere to Islam in this country is as easy to accurately estimate as the number who adhere to Buddhism, Christianity, and Judaism.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/to..._in_the_world/

if you go by population perhaps. but that isn't the only thing you can go by. we certainly have a far greater number %-wise of good christian folk, who are so able to stand up for themselves and their beliefs that they have no problem with someone with an alternate view...because they know they are stalwart, and have NO fear at all of being turned away from their religion due to another group daring build a house of worship. i wonder if these folks think it's contagious? seriously, places like this, built out in the open, we shouldn't fear at all. they aren't the problem. it's those who hide and practice their hate in private you have to worry about. regardless of their religion-if you plan to commit, or do commit a crime, we should do everything in our power to keep from being duplicated. the simple practice of belonging to a religion isn't a crime, and shouldn't be treated as a criminal act.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Dee Tee Stables

some have said the mosque should be built further away, that two blocks is too close. so how far is far enough? three blocks, four, eight? hell, a mosque in texas was vandalized, i guess that was too close.