Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I wish the following states(and portions of states) would unite to form their own conservative country of "NASCARTONIA." Just let them go(like that Iglesias guy finally did with that mole he had.)Gotta be a way to make that happen.

TEXAS,OKLAHOMA,ARKANSAS,LOUISIANA,MISSISS.,BAMA,.. ......both Carolinas,Georgia,Tenn.,and Northern Florida.
you are aware, aren't you, that arkansas traditionally votes democrat? we have a dem gov, and two dem senators.
huck(who i do NOT care for) was a very liberal minded republican, which is how he got in office.
boy, you know all about that 'uniting' yoursel, with all of your broad generalizations...coming from a guy living in a state with ahnold as gov. what a hoot.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
huck(who i do NOT care for) was a very liberal minded republican, which is how he got in office.
He's a social conservative and is otherwise a populist.

Populisim and what goes for conservatisim these days really don't mix well - so while Huck is far from conservative outside of most social issues - he's not exactly anything too close to what goes for "liberal minded" these days either.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
He said that the US is partially to blame for 9/11 because of our foreign policy. I nearly fell out of my chair.
If you read the full version of bin Laden's '96 Fatwa - which I believe was titled something like 'Declaration of War against the Americans for occupying the land of the two holy places' - it becomes painfully obvious that the entire basis for declaring war by bin Laden's network was because of the United States foreign policy. His case was built around that and only that.

The Fatwa was very widely circulated - in fact, it was something I had read long before 9/11. I was in high school at the time, and my sociology teacher (who had recently retired from the US Military) had something of a bin Laden obsession. He was convinced that the guy was no joke - and was something of a calculating political genius who was probably capable of low tech, high concept attacks, designed to bait or trap.

I remember on the old AOL horse board before 9/11 - I'd like to mix in a few Osama bin Laden references, jokes, and just drop his name into my posts - mostly because almost everyone there had no idea who the hell I was talking about. There are a few who post here now who remember those old gems of mine from way back in the day.

I don't blame Ron Paul at all for saying what almost made you fall out of your chair. Why, exactly, did we need our military stationed in other lands? Just because the governments there are friendly and the people are fanatical?

Our foreign policy has long been a joke - we ought to focus on our own peace and prosperity instead of trying to get involved in everyone elses business. Giving huge handouts and aid away to those governments who want to be our pals (even if said gov is evil or corrupt) - and rattling cages of all governments who don't want to be our pals.

I think Paul's point was that if we focused on just our own peace and prosperity - and not tried to be the policeman of the entire world, getting involved in everyones business - there would have been no 9/11, no Iraq war, and the Al Qadia network would have either been a non-entity or an entity who ultimately would have declared war against an Arab government. We are fighting everyone elses battles.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Flemington

Quote:
you are aware, aren't you, that arkansas traditionally votes democrat? we have a dem gov, and two dem senators.
boy, you know all about that 'uniting' yoursel, with all of your broad generalizations...coming from a guy living in a state with ahnold as gov. what a hoot.
John Daly's home state...Walmart headquarters.....People in the main University in the state wear pig attire,and make pig sounds.Also,I don't want a jagged northern horizontal border for this Redneck dominated Republic of NASCARTONIA!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Flemington

Quote:
You're not gunna tell me that the majority of people in these states would be against forming the Redneck Empire...Are you? I'm not suggesting anything that's not mutually desired here..right? Don't you think the majority in OKLA.,TEX.,LOUIS., ARK., TENN.,MISSISS.,BAMA,GEORGIA, BOTH CAROLINAS,AND NORTHERN FLORIDA would vote to do this? I'm just saying that since Presidential elections in these states are majority rules,and they do tend to vote together as a block(a chunk of cinderblock,) then it would make a nice "country collection." I think it would be a popular choice on a ballot(if they had a vote to do it.) Like Earl Woods once said, "Dream Hi."
Old 01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Ron Paul.
The guy who on National Television about
a month ago said that Abe Lincoln screwed up
the country with the Civil War. Stated that slavery
would have ended eventually on its own.

If Ron Paul had his way, the US would be split into
North and South, independent of each other. And
private companies would supply all law enforcement.
Dig a little deeper and you find the guy is a nut.
I have been following this guy's antics since the early
80's since my Gov. professor pointed him out as an example
of how anyone could gain political office if
enough people were dropped on their heads
right after they were born. A ref. to his profession.

But then again, Adolph Hitler moved an entire
group of people under the proper conditions.
Ron Paul scares the crud out of me.

I hope you only like the ideas on paper.
No offense meant.

You argue in a respectable manner, so no offense is taken. Aren't you one of the ones that is a college professor or very educated in math/physics or something like that?

In no means would I ever suggest that Ron Paul is my ideal candidate. On the contrary, and I will explain. And you have nothing to worry about because he won't be elected. I do think you misunderstand him a little bit, and I probably misunderstand him on some issues as well.

READ THIS ENTIRE PARAGRAPH. You missed the point that Ron Paul was trying to make about the Civil War. He didn't state that slavery would have ended on its own to my knowledge, and if he did will you please post a link to a direct quote? From my knowledge and research on this topic, Ron Paul simply stated that Lincoln could have found a lot better way to free the slaves than to start a Civil War. In theory, he is right. None of the other countries went to wars over slaves. The government just simply bought all of the slaves. Why couldn't the United States have done the same thing? I can answer this...it is cited in several documents that Lincoln actually did try to free the slaves by buying them, but it did not work. Now, whether these documents are actually true or not, I do not know. So I believe that Ron Paul could possibly be misinformed about that. However, as for the North and South being split, I have no idea where that idea stems from. I don't think those are Paul's intentions at all. I have never heard the argument like that before, and I would like you to explain that stance in more detail so that I can understand.

I would say that our current administration is more along the lines of Adolf Hitler than I would ever compare those who want to give us back our civil liberties like Paul, Howard, Kuninch...etc. Have you read the recent bill that Ron Paul proposed? Here is a link to it....you might find it interesting. It is far from Hitler. What I find most interesting among many things is Section 8. Does this mean that the government really is censoring the media? Remember, Ron Paul is more informed on these issues than we are. Alot of things go on behind closed doors in the government than we are aware of...

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...3835ih.txt.pdf

We are about to go into a recession! I truly believe that he is the only one besides possibly Clinton that can get us out. We have got to pull out of the war, and not go to anymore wars. We don't even have a democracy here in the U.S. anymore. The system of checks and balances is breaking/has broken down in our government. Yet, we are trying to establish democracy in other countries (of course, this is a lie...i.e. oil). The top economists in the country are backing Ron Paul. If McCain is the Republican nominee, I will be voting for the Dems because McCain is a crazy war-hungry idiot. He is worse than Bush! Yet, Americans are failing to realize this, and they must want Bush x 2 all over again. If he is president, we will go to war with Iran. We will stay in Iraq. And I can't understand the fact that some people will only vote for their party no matter what. Close-minded poor souls. Now I see why people from other countries call us stupid.

Even Clinton is better than McCain, and I can't stand the thought of socialized medicine. I would normally vote Republican, but their ideas are too far off. They're neocons, which is the combined worst ideals of the Repub and Dem parties IMO.

This isn't about Ron Paul in the end. It is about Americans being very unhappy with the government. It is about the fact that Bush should be impeached. Clinton gets his dick sucked and lies to the public about it, and gets impeached. Bush lies hundreds of times, kills American soldiers under false pretenses, and kills thousands of Iraqis. WE WERE LIED TO over and over and over again. The extent and end results of these lies are yet to fully be understood, and he hasn't been impeached. I see a HUGE problem with this. Our ethics and morals are messed up. More and more people are starting to become aware of this, and a movement is beginning. Paul, Howard, and Kuninch just lit the fire.

Just for the record, I do not believe in some of Ron Paul's ideas on being a strict Constitutionalist. For instance, he wants to leave it up to the states to make up abortion laws and drug laws. I think that hard drugs like cocaine should absolutely not be allowed. The federal government does need to regulate that. However, I think the states should be given the power to decide on whether or not the state's citizens are allowed to use marijuana. People who are terminally ill are going to jail for using medicinal marijuana. I don't think that is right. If you are dying, you should be able to legally use it. In fact, I think alcohol is just as bad as marijuana if not worse. Changing times call for changes in the Constitution. Like I said, it isn't about Ron Paul. It is about freedom, and of us having a say again. Our government needs to drastically change. Luckily, many Americans are starting to come out of the trance and wake up, including, just recently, myself.

Also, Ron Paul falls closest to my ideals than any other candidate. Note that I said closest, and they are still far from my ideals. I just think that we have some horrible candidates running for president, and he is by far the worst of the evils for me.

Last edited by kentuckyrosesinmay : 01-30-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
pgardn

Quote:
You're not gunna tell me that the majority of people in these states would be against forming the Redneck Empire...Are you? I'm not suggesting anything that's not mutually desired here..right? Don't you think the majority in OKLA.,TEX.,LOUIS., ARK., TENN.,MISSISS.,BAMA,GEORGIA, BOTH CAROLINAS,AND NORTHERN FLORIDA would vote to do this? I'm just saying that since Presidential elections in these states are majority rules,and they do tend to vote together as a block(a chunk of cinderblock,) then it would make a nice "country collection." I think it would be a popular choice on a ballot(if they had a vote to do it.) Like Earl Woods once said, "Dream Hi."
Scuds.
Texas is nowhere near a part of the deep south.
Texas was barely getting started as a state at the time
of the Civil War. Texas also has a very large Democratic
population in the Hispanic vote. Texas will in the not to
distance future, elect a democratic Senator again, a democratic
governor again, and vote democratic in most of the House.
All that would have to happen for Texas to have a big
say in the democratic party would be for the Hispanic population
to actually get out and vote.
You got this state very messed up.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Sha Tin

This thread is a sign of why out of 275 million people in this country we have come up with this pitiful collection of canidates. Bashing Bush is typical but Abe Lincoln? Ron Paul as a legitimate canidate? A guy from the People's Republic of California making fun of other states? A call for isolationism? No wonder everything seems ****ed up. Americans are idiots.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

Hey, thanks for leaving VA out of the Redneck Empire...close call tho..
If you want to get the skinny on G Dumya Bush, get a copy of last weeks Newsweek 1/28/08 issue...There's a five page excerpt from the book 'The Bush Tragedy' by Jacob Weisberg...Good read, couple other good pieces in that issue....

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
This thread is a sign of why out of 275 million people in this country we have come up with this pitiful collection of canidates. Bashing Bush is typical but Abe Lincoln? Ron Paul as a legitimate canidate? A guy from the People's Republic of California making fun of other states? A call for isolationism? No wonder everything seems ****ed up. Americans are idiots.
Ron Paul might be a fringe candidate - but he's the only person even remotely conservative in the race.

However, it is pretty rich that someone who calls Ron Paul "a guy from the peoples republic of California" (he's Pennyslvania born - and is a long time Texas congressman from Tom DeLay's old district) goes on to say "Americans are idiots."

Obviously, everything is screwed up because of a disregard for what you want to label as isolationisim.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Ron Paul might be a fringe candidate - but he's the only person even remotely conservative in the race.

However, it is pretty rich that someone who calls Ron Paul "a guy from the peoples republic of California" (he's Pennyslvania born - and is a long time Texas congressman from Tom DeLay's old district) goes on to say "Americans are idiots."

Obviously, everything is screwed up because of a disregard for what you want to label as isolationisim.
SCUDSBROTHER is Ron Paul? Holy ****!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Sha Tin

Isolationism is like this. You buy a house in a nice neighborhood. You spend all your time fixing it up and making improvements without regard for you neighbors. One day you look outside the window and the old "nice" neighborhood is gone, the old neighbors are gone and the area is turning into a ghetto. Well it's too late for you and your nice house to change things now. You are now on an island and pretty soon your nice house will be dragged down like the rest of the neighborhood. The world is now effectively a global economy and terrorism is not limited to distant shores. Many people forget that in the late 30's an overwhelming number of Americans did not want to participate in WW2 feeling that Hitler was Europe's problem. Blaming American foreign policy for terrorism is like blaming the rape victim for wearing suggestive clothing.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
John Daly's home state...Walmart headquarters.....People in the main University in the state wear pig attire,and make pig sounds.Also,I don't want a jagged northern horizontal border for this Redneck dominated Republic of NASCARTONIA!!!!!!!
so....how many nascar races held in california now?

i just don't agree with people who make generalizations about whole groups of people. that would be like me saying all californians think they're smarter and better than the rest of the country based on reading your posts.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
SCUDSBROTHER is Ron Paul? Holy ****!!!
I read past his posts - and was really just angling to win a date with KYRIM.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I read past his posts - and was really just angling to win a date with KYRIM.
As long he doesnt bring up Turkish policy they will be fine
Old 01-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
terrorism is not limited to distant shores. Many people forget that in the late 30's an overwhelming number of Americans did not want to participate in WW2 feeling that Hitler was Europe's problem. Blaming American foreign policy for terrorism is like blaming the rape victim for wearing suggestive clothing.
I don't agree with you at all.

The Al Qadia network is the only terrorist orginization that is a remotely serious threat to us - and they want us and need us in Iraq. It's the only way they have a shot against us - and if we leave - they will make a spastic effort to bait us back.

If we leave - it would be DISASTROUS for them. If bin Laden and Zuhwari really thought that the 9/11 attack could lead into duel invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq - with Iraq the primary focus - I think they might be a pair of remarkable tactic geniuses.

Pulling 9/11 off would seem a VERY small accomplishment compared to fulfilling the ultimate goal of their '96 Fatwa - even if they baited us into perfection to doing exactly what they wanted - it's up to them to pull off the impossible of "defeating capitalisim just as we defeated communism."

bin Laden played a huge role in the Afghanistan occupation that led to the demise of the old Soviet Union. If his networks attacks on 9/11 could trigger America into an occupation that leads to our nations demise - rightly or wrongly, he will be seen as the most major link in the demise of the two world super powers.

I think it's pretty clear he will stop at nothing to keep us in Iraq.

The smart thing to do is to make a full effort to capture or kill Osama bin Laden and weaken his network. He is a threat.

You can't clean up Iraq - it's always going to be a country with corrupt **** eating 3rd world leaders who deserve to die like Suddam.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I don't agree with you at all.

The Al Qadia network is the only terrorist orginization that is a remotely serious threat to us - and they want us and need us in Iraq. It's the only way they have a shot against us - and if we leave - they will make a spastic effort to bait us back.

If we leave - it would be DISASTROUS for them. If bin Laden and Zuhwari really thought that the 9/11 attack could lead into duel invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq - with Iraq the primary focus - I think they might be a pair of remarkable tactic geniuses.

Pulling 9/11 off would seem a VERY small accomplishment compared to fulfilling the ultimate goal of their '96 Fatwa - even if they baited us into perfection to doing exactly what they wanted - it's up to them to pull off the impossible of "defeating capitalisim just as we defeated communism."

bin Laden played a huge role in the Afghanistan occupation that led to the demise of the old Soviet Union. If his networks attacks on 9/11 could trigger America into an occupation that leads to our nations demise - rightly or wrongly, he will be seen as the most major link in the demise of the two world super powers.

I think it's pretty clear he will stop at nothing to keep us in Iraq.

The smart thing to do is to make a full effort to capture or kill Osama bin Laden and weaken his network. He is a threat.

You can't clean up Iraq - it's always going to be a country with corrupt **** eating 3rd world leaders who deserve to die like Suddam.
What exactly dont you agree with? And I didnt know that you role included CIA agent with information about terror organizations ability to strike against us? And where did I say anything about Iraq? We have bases all over the world, not just Iraq. Like it or not isolationism not only cant work, it is impossible to accomplish.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:
What exactly dont you agree with?
Invading Iraq for starters. And now, staying there.

Quote:
And I didnt know that you role included CIA agent with information about terror organizations ability to strike against us?
You don't need to be a CIA agent to have a morsel of common sense. Osama bin Laden was never some sh!t eating angry Arab radical.

He had A LOT of money, he had A LOT of people who idolized him, he had a country to escape to where he was a beloved hero, he was a Mushahadeen legend, he is a tremendously intelligent, calm, soft spoken man, most importantly, he had an infrastructure and an easy time recruiting.

He publicly declared War on us - and had his declaration widely circulated before he started his War.

You really think there are others like him? He is not a dime a dozen person, rather he is a once in several lifetimes kind of figure.

You have to get rid of him ASAP - and stop pretending there are others like him. There aren't.

Quote:
And where did I say anything about Iraq?
You brought up your Isolationisim label. Remember?

Quote:
We have bases all over the world, not just Iraq. Like it or not isolationism not only cant work, it is impossible to accomplish.
I know we have bases all over the world - not just in arab countries.

Why not just be honest, stop with the labels, and say you're in favor of giving away big handouts, aid, and favors to all governments who want to be our pals - but if a country doesn't want to play ball with us - you want there cage rattled.

But hey, I just hope I'm doing a good enough job to get KYRIM all moist.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
I haven't watched it lately.Does Fox News still state they are fair and balanced? I mean they have a conservative news network that Murdoch started.Alan Colmes has a face for radio.No wonder they pick him to "balance" Hannity. That is pretty much the main attempt I have seen to be balanced.The guy from the state of Miss. isn't that balanced.Hume and O'reilly aren't balanced.Greta is a neutral. Is that a joke,or they just don't realize their slogan is an outright lie?
fox news being fair and balanced is a ****ing joke
Old 01-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

[quote=kentuckyrosesinmay]Pretty face Hannity...haha...I don't think so...the little bit that he does have in looks, which isn't much at all, all goes away when you take into consideration the amount of intelligence he possesses (which also amounts to very little if nothing at all) [/QUOTEthis guy is so conservative brainwashed and has such tunnel vision it makes me sick just to look at the prick. i don't even bother with his rhetoric garbage he spews