Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Saratoga

Default O/U: how many times

will these hilarious people stand up during the State of the Union?

37 times
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
will these hilarious people stand up during the State of the Union?

37 times
How many so far?

I am only interested
in the substance of the
speech. I am riveted to
the tube transfixed, totally
unable to
count.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
How many so far?

I am only interested
in the substance of the
speech. I am riveted to
unable to
count.
like 18 so far, one is coming right about NOW
Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
like 18 so far, one is coming right about NOW

How many times did the Dems stand?...After the speech i flipped between MSNBC and Fox...What a contrast in analysis...

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 01-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrun
How many times did the Dems stand?...After the speech i flipped between MSNBC and Fox...What a contrast in analysis...
like three or four. War/Immigration/Kids and I can't remember the other one.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Flemington

I haven't watched it lately.Does Fox News still state they are fair and balanced? I mean they have a conservative news network that Murdoch started.Alan Colmes has a face for radio.No wonder they pick him to "balance" Hannity. That is pretty much the main attempt I have seen to be balanced.The guy from the state of Miss. isn't that balanced.Hume and O'reilly aren't balanced.Greta is a neutral. Is that a joke,or they just don't realize their slogan is an outright lie?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
How many so far?

I am only interested
in the substance of the
speech. I am riveted to
unable to
count.

I was too busy counting the # of times Nancy blinked and watching her chew apart the inside of her mouth. She's not looking quite as chipper as she did at last year's State of the Union address. Perhaps because Congress' poll ratings are lower than Bush's?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I haven't watched it lately.Does Fox News still state they are fair and balanced? I mean they have a conservative news network that Murdoch started.Alan Colmes has a face for radio.No wonder they pick him to "balance" Hannity. That is pretty much the main attempt I have seen to be balanced.The guy from the state of Miss. isn't that balanced.Hume and O'reilly aren't balanced.Greta is a neutral. Is that a joke,or they just don't realize their slogan is an outright lie?
And how are the democrats any better? Both sides are garbage.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
And how are the democrats any better? Both sides are garbage.
The point is they are liars when they claim to be fair and balanced.That's all.Hopefully they put that claim to bed.They look like simple liars every single time somebody says it on there.I don't think it's a big deal to have a conservative network,but to be that bent that you think it's balanced?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Flemington

BTW,I think a news network(political party etc.) that was just in favor of greed(not in favor of the social conservative stuff) would be pretty popular(like with 90% of Orange County California for instance.) The U.S.C. Alumni Network............................Actually,maybe not.Wasn't that Giuliani in a nutshell? Wonder what would have happened if he had campaigned in the earlier states.A 3rd in Florida will end his political career.Maybe he should stay in another week,and see if he can atleast win Jersey.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Coach Pants

We're a few years away from "The United States of America brought to you by EXXONMobil".
Old 01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Flemington

Quote:
We're a few years away from "The United States of America brought to you by EXXONMobil".
Well,there's always a "smart" car,but I suggest (if somebody gets one) a yellow one(so people can see that lil thing.)

http://www.smartusa.com/smart-car-downloads.aspx
Old 01-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER

Fair and UNbalanced more like it...Pretty face Hannity vs Outer space face Colmes, yeah that's fair...Mumbles Hume looks like he's falling asleep while talking and O'reilly the pervert is ....well O'reilly....Greta looks like she was having a face lift and the jack broke.....

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 01-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Fair and UNbalanced more like it...Pretty face Hannity vs Outer space face Colmes, yeah that's fair...Mumbles Hume looks like he's falling asleep while talking and O'reilly the pervert is ....well O'reilly....Greta looks like she was having a face lift and the jack broke.....
Pretty face Hannity...haha...I don't think so...the little bit that he does have in looks, which isn't much at all, all goes away when you take into consideration the amount of intelligence he possesses (which also amounts to very little if nothing at all)
Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Del Mar

Americans really can't be that stupid, can they?

They were the last two presidential elections!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Americans really can't be that stupid, can they?

They were the last two presidential elections!
Have you been watching the NH Recount going on right now? The results are very interesting. Discrepancies are arising between the original results and the recount results. Who knows? Maybe Bush really didn't win in 2000 and 2004. Here, I will pull up some links. In the videos, you will be amazed at how poorly our elected officials handle the ballots. These are your tax dollars at work folks! Then, you can see why I also think that we need to go back to the system of hand counted ballots in EVERY state!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHL_YMBolRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQEQ7qHvgM

Link where you can see the original results and recount results.
http://www.sos.nh.gov/

And yes, I do agree that most Americans are very ignorant when it comes to politics thanks to the MSM. Thank God for the internet!!! However, I don't know how far our government will take the powers given to them in that HR 1955 Act or what that Act exactly means. Unfortunately, I guess we're going to have to find out! That also means that internet censoring is definitely a possibility now to protect us from "extremist radicals" in our own country.

Yes, I do my homework...
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Coach Pants

Are you a vegan/lesbian now?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Are you a vegan/lesbian now?
Not at all. Just an individual who's going to a college that keeps up with all of these things because one of our alumni is currently in the race for presidency. Huge deal at our college right now. I mean, my TA even talks to us about these things during French class...
Old 01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
Not at all. Just an individual who's going to a college that keeps up with all of these things because one of our alumni is currently in the race for presidency. Huge deal at our college right now.
Well that's boring. Are you in Chess Club?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Well that's boring. Are you in Chess Club?
Funny...