Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Saratoga

^^^^ Not exactly what you would call a football analyst.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

^^^knows all about being analyzed
Old 10-02-2010, 11:45 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i'll take an ugly win over an ugly loss any day.

a couple years ago, les was the hero because he gave up even trying to get michigans head coaching job, and wins a title off that decision.

now he's a loser?

fickle fans....

5-0.
Les has never been respected here since year 1. And as for the Michigan job, if ESPN and Herbstreit wouldnt have outed that story when they did, that POS would be in Ann Arbor right now. As for winning the national championship that year, that was arguably one of the weakest BCS champioship years of any of the teams that have won the crystal ball. Thank God we had to play OSU.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
Les has never been respected here since year 1. And as for the Michigan job, if ESPN and Herbstreit wouldnt have outed that story when they did, that POS would be in Ann Arbor right now. As for winning the national championship that year, that was arguably one of the weakest BCS champioship years of any of the teams that have won the crystal ball. Thank God we had to play OSU.
This year is looking pretty damn weak so far.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
^^^knows all about being analyzed
Oh...we have a funny girl in the crowd.

Should it be any of your bees wax.....I have made such fools of several doctors ink blots to the point they were fired and Jason Pollock prints were hired.

I'll make fools out of them,too.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Go fucl< yerself.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:35 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Go fucl< yerself.
I'm sorry let me rephrase my last statement, "thank God we were fortunate to beat such a tough and storied program in Ohio State, we were not worthy of such a win." Bettah???????????
Old 10-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Hialeah Park

The lineman for LSU #53 was the best. When they first thought they lost, he threw his helmet (shouldve been a penalty if the game wasn't over). After they won, the jubilation on his face was priceless. The opposite end of the spectrum, whoever that pipsqueek is who coaches Tennessee now.

People need to lose their jobs over this one. Laughably bad football for this level.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Gulfstream Park

First, congratulations to Tennessee for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Second, LSU has the whinniest fans in America, bar none. They whine as winners, they whine as losers. Yesterday, LSU fan recounted end of game to me at local OTB. Then added that SEC officials have it out for LSU each week!

Third, my number one question to LSU fans is, "exactly how will you fire 10-2 Les Miles?" Why do I ask? Because they will whine when his replacement goes 9-3 or 8-4.

Fourth, doe anyone really think that Ohio State could stay on field with Alabama next week? Much less in January. Left coast darlings such as Oregon and Boise State would offer competitive first half challenges versus Crimson Tide. However, "fast and furious" 'Bama would put game away in 3rd quarter.

Closing thought -- "Go to hell, LSU, go to hell" (popular cheer throughout SEC country)

(Disclaimer: Oxford, Mississippi-born, Ole Miss fan who has lived and worked last 37 years in Louisiana.)
Old 10-03-2010, 10:24 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
The lineman for LSU #53 was the best. When they first thought they lost, he threw his helmet (shouldve been a penalty if the game wasn't over). After they won, the jubilation on his face was priceless. The opposite end of the spectrum, whoever that pipsqueek is who coaches Tennessee now.

People need to lose their jobs over this one. Laughably bad football for this level.
That was the center, T-Bob Hebert (former Saints QB son) who was quoted saying there was no way he was going to let the clock run out on this game (like Ole Miss last year) without snapping the ball. You could tell by his expression after that play that he knows he is being coached by a bunch of idiots. In retrospect, since the game wasnt over, he probably should have been flagged for an unsportsmanlike.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:26 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylbert View Post
First, congratulations to Tennessee for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Second, LSU has the whinniest fans in America, bar none. They whine as winners, they whine as losers. Yesterday, LSU fan recounted end of game to me at local OTB. Then added that SEC officials have it out for LSU each week!

Third, my number one question to LSU fans is, "exactly how will you fire 10-2 Les Miles?" Why do I ask? Because they will whine when his replacement goes 9-3 or 8-4.

Fourth, doe anyone really think that Ohio State could stay on field with Alabama next week? Much less in January. Left coast darlings such as Oregon and Boise State would offer competitive first half challenges versus Crimson Tide. However, "fast and furious" 'Bama would put game away in 3rd quarter.

Closing thought -- "Go to hell, LSU, go to hell" (popular cheer throughout SEC country)

(Disclaimer: Oxford, Mississippi-born, Ole Miss fan who has lived and worked last 37 years in Louisiana.)
Classic.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylbert View Post

yeah, many of them are. it's ridiculous! but it's the same with many sec teams, whose fans think they should be perfect and going for the title every year. yeah, way to be realistic.'
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
I'm sorry let me rephrase my last statement, "thank God we were fortunate to beat such a tough and storied program in Ohio State, we were not worthy of such a win." Bettah???????????
Old 10-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Saratoga

Fourth, doe anyone really think that Ohio State could stay on field with Alabama next week? Much less in January.

No.

And forget January.

Right now ,Indiana looks like a huge challenge.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
The Curragh

Lightbulb

Quote:
yeah, many of them are. it's ridiculous! but it's the same with many sec teams, whose fans think they should be perfect and going for the title every year. yeah, way to be realistic.'
Yea, I always find it peculiar that the whiniest fans in the SEC are either from Florida, Bama, or LSU. The people making those accusations are either supporters of Ole Miss, Arkansas, or Miss. St. See the correlation there?????????????
Old 10-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Saratoga

Gud wun.

Norm Rockwell always said to draw your own conclusions.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Yea, I always find it peculiar that the whiniest fans in the SEC are either from Florida, Bama, or LSU. The people making those accusations are either supporters of Ole Miss, Arkansas, or Miss. St. See the correlation there?????????????
i don't know what to tell you. above, you complain about how we won the title. you're also complaining about the coach who led us to said title...we may not be playing pretty, but we're 5-0...and you're unhappy, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. let's see how the season shakes out, shall we? hey, it could be a hell of a lot worse...we could be miss st, or ole miss, or any of the countless teams who suck and won't get a bowl game.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:52 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
i don't know what to tell you. above, you complain about how we won the title. you're also complaining about the coach who led us to said title...we may not be playing pretty, but we're 5-0...and you're unhappy, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. let's see how the season shakes out, shall we? hey, it could be a hell of a lot worse...we could be miss st, or ole miss, or any of the countless teams who suck and won't get a bowl game.
Ok. I'll agree it's better to look at the brighter side of things.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Ok. I'll agree it's better to look at the brighter side of things.
lol
my son has 'always look on the bright side of life' from monty python as my ring tone...i do try to do that. i can see why people have reason to complain, but like i said, we're five and o. and after the gators play last night, i'm not as worried about next week. but i think we'd all be more content if the o played as hard and as well as the d.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Well played, sir.