Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Keeneland

Default Are You Better Off After Four Years?

Tammy Duckworth (D) candidate for congress says yes in her latest commercial.

Before you answer, consider gasoline then $1.87 is now $4.00. If you drive the average 12K miles a year in a SUV getting 20 miles per gallon you now pay an additional $1,278 per car.

Health Insurance as pointed out yesterday at least in Chicago has risen 38% in the last 4 years or roughly 9% per year and is expected to rise another 6% plus next year. And while Doctors are crying foul, and denounce Obamacare insurance providers are licking their chops in anticipation of the government forcing every citizen to be their customer. Policy cost too high? No problem the rest of America including the middle class will pitch in and pay even in the case of it being the individual, who is hard to insure’s fault. I suppose in the mind of the crazies someone cooked and served the 500lb man so his diabetes and heart problems are shared by all. Bottom line, a family of four now pays an average of $12K/year when four years ago they paid $8,333, a rise of $3,667 in cost.

So American Family with two cars and two kids; are you better off minus the $6,223 a year knowing that $90 billion was thrown away on a dream of the government developing green energy companies and $50 billion to mid-east allies who show their appreciation by burning our flag? Wonder how the father crying about no pizza night with his two daughters is feeling about now?

BTW that $140 billion of wasted money split up among 150 million tax payers comes to another $933 bucks bringing the total to $7,156 but no worries, we borrowed the $933 from China so your children and grandchildren will pick up that tab and its interest.

At least Osama is dead and your daughters will have abortion and BC included in their insurance with no co-pays. Gays are now 'out' in the military and children of illegals have been moved to the front of the line. Egypt is 'free' to be Muslim and Al Qaida is on the run (in between attacking our embassies). What a resume. Why is Romney even running?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
Tammy Duckworth (D) candidate for congress says yes in her latest commercial.

Before you answer, consider gasoline then $1.87 is now $4.00. If you drive the average 12K miles a year in a SUV getting 20 miles per gallon you now pay an additional $1,278 per car.

Health Insurance as pointed out yesterday at least in Chicago has risen 38% in the last 4 years or roughly 9% per year and is expected to rise another 6% plus next year. And while Doctors are crying foul, and denounce Obamacare insurance providers are licking their chops in anticipation of the government forcing every citizen to be their customer. Policy cost too high? No problem the rest of America including the middle class will pitch in and pay even in the case of it being the individual, who is hard to insure’s fault. I suppose in the mind of the crazies someone cooked and served the 500lb man so his diabetes and heart problems are shared by all. Bottom line, a family of four now pays an average of $12K/year when four years ago they paid $8,333, a rise of $3,667 in cost.

So American Family with two cars and two kids; are you better off minus the $6,223 a year knowing that $90 billion was thrown away on a dream of the government developing green energy companies and $50 billion to mid-east allies who show their appreciation by burning our flag? Wonder how the father crying about no pizza night with his two daughters is feeling about now?

BTW that $140 billion of wasted money split up among 150 million tax payers comes to another $933 bucks bringing the total to $7,156 but no worries, we borrowed the $933 from China so your children and grandchildren will pick up that tab and its interest.

At least Osama is dead and your daughters will have abortion and BC included in their insurance with no co-pays. Gays are now 'out' in the military and children of illegals have been moved to the front of the line. Egypt is 'free' to be Muslim and Al Qaida is on the run (in between attacking our embassies). What a resume. Why is Romney even running?
Gas was $3.80 in Feb of '08?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Santa Anita

Doing much worse.

Not everybody lights up a doobie every day (maybe that would help?)

Old 10-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
Doing much worse.

Just sayin', our choice Nov. 6 is between the above, and the below ...

"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Gas was $3.80 in Feb of '08?
Gas was actually $2.90 in Feb 2008 and $1.61 on 12/29/08.

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx
Old 10-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Doing much worse.

Quote:
Obama: "You know, it's interesting. There is a deep down, underneath all the work that I do, I think there's a laziness in me. It's probably from, you know, growing up in Hawaii and it's sunny outside, and sitting on the beach.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ess_in_me.html
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

According to your chart, gas was $3.50 on Oct 5 2008
Old 10-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Just sayin', our choice Nov. 6 is between the above, and the below ...

The "Obama smoking a joint" picture was not a photoshop creation, unfortunately.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Keeneland

Does Obama get any credit in Dell's gasoline price rant for being personally responsible for cutting our gasoline prices at the pump in half by 2025?

Because the auto bailout was not a free ride (as Bush gave the bankers with the first TARP deal).

Obama required the bailed-out automakers to double car gasoline mileage to at least 54.5 mpg by 2025.

Quote:
The rules will "save a typical car owner more than $8,000 in fuel costs over the life of their vehicle and reduce American consumers’ fuel costs by almost $2 trillion"
That halves our current gasoline consumption at that point. That decreases the price we're paying now as the requirement ramps up in steps, and mileage continues to improve along the requirements.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The "Obama smoking a joint" picture was not a photoshop creation, unfortunately.
Damn - Obama recently cracking down on medical marijuana use must make you happy, and very proud of this President
Old 10-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Santa Anita

I'll never understand stoners.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
That's because you don't get stoned. You have to be there
Old 10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Randwyck

Quote:

here in santa clarita calif. i just paid $4.54 for regular......yeah, everthing is just great
Old 10-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Damn - Obama recently cracking down on medical marijuana use must make you happy, and very proud of this President
Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4 View Post
here in santa clarita calif. i just paid $4.54 for regular......yeah, everthing is just great
just filled up in San Diego today $4.81 wtf?
Old 10-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
What is there to understand? Do you drink?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
What is there to understand? Do you drink?
Not to excess... and only the stuff that tastes good.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Not to excess... and only the stuff that tastes good.
Nice answer.

Enlighten me here. What is your issue with people who smoke weed?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Nice answer.

Besides breaking the law? A recent study has shown that it causes a degradation in intellectual ability over time - something that cigarettes have not shown.

I'm assuming that those who like marijuana do not actually want to hurt themselves, so as I alluded to above, I don't understand why someone would seek out this substance.

Same thing holds true for alcohol of course - if you find out that you are one of the 10% of the population that cannot handle taking a drink due to your physiology, you would be wise to avoid alcohol. In the same way, those who have allergies avoid the allergens in question.

If marijuana was shown to be truly harmless and made legal, then the only issue I would have is that like cigarettes, I would not want to be subjected to inhaling smoke I did not consent to.

Last edited by joeydb : 10-06-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: grammar edit
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Nice answer.

Not sure this is Joey's situation but generally speaking I've found that people who walk around with something stuck up their azz are unable to appreciate good ganja and resent others that do.

Similar to the group of old ladies who ran around Evanston IL almost 100 years ago. What came of that other than making Al Capone and Joe Kennedy phenomenally rich?