Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Ward is way too much for Cotto, agreed. Even with the belts I am not sure that Floyd gives him the fight, he embarrassed him in that bout. Floyd only has 4 fights left as far as he has said. The fact that he is facing Khan next is a bit of a joke. Will be tough to sell that fight.
What has Khan done lately to deserve a shot? It is a bad fight.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:37 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
What has Khan done lately to deserve a shot? It is a bad fight.
Agreed it is crap. Did see/hear that Provodnikov v. Pacquio is likely for April, that will be a great one.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Agreed it is crap. Did see/hear that Provodnikov v. Pacquio is likely for April, that will be a great one.
I'm skeptical that one comes off though there arent that many good pairings for Pacquio (of course other than Mayweather) Maybe a rematch with Bradley? Danny Garcia or Matthysse would be great fights with Pacquio but the ridiculous promoter nonsense gets in the way.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
I'm skeptical that one comes off though there arent that many good pairings for Pacquio (of course other than Mayweather) Maybe a rematch with Bradley? Danny Garcia or Matthysse would be great fights with Pacquio but the ridiculous promoter nonsense gets in the way.
I would love to see Garcia v. Provodnikov. Bradley Pacquiao is the fight that should get made since he and Floyd won't go. Like to see Floyd and Sergio Martinez.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I would love to see Garcia v. Provodnikov. Bradley Pacquiao is the fight that should get made since he and Floyd won't go. Like to see Floyd and Sergio Martinez.
Sergio vs Cotto should be a good fight. I will probably go if it is at MSG. Floyd has some interesting possibilities that he will never try. He is a great fighter but hasn't taken on a really dangerous fight in 10 years.

Either Maidana or Broner versus Providnokov would be a great fight too but wont happen because of the bs.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:15 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Sergio vs Cotto should be a good fight. I will probably go if it is at MSG. Floyd has some interesting possibilities that he will never try. He is a great fighter but hasn't taken on a really dangerous fight in 10 years.

Either Maidana or Broner versus Providnokov would be a great fight too but wont happen because of the bs.
Pacquiao v. Bradley looks like the winner, April 12th, going to try to make it down to Vegas for this one.
Floyd has been mentioning Maidana quite a bit lately.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Havre de Grace

If Pacman has one fight left in him, he will knock Bradley out. I stand by my assertion that the beating Ruslan Provodnikov gave Bradley is gonna show up sooner rather than later.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Pacquiao v. Bradley looks like the winner, April 12th, going to try to make it down to Vegas for this one.
Floyd has been mentioning Maidana quite a bit lately.
No one believes Khan has even a sliver of a chance and I'm sure the PPV numbers will show that. At least Maidana has recently won against a good opponent though I dont give him much of a shot to win. FM has painted himself into a corner so to speak in that there just arent that many interesting matchups that he is willing to do.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
If Pacman has one fight left in him, he will knock Bradley out. I stand by my assertion that the beating Ruslan Provodnikov gave Bradley is gonna show up sooner rather than later.
Didn't show up against Marquez.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:05 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Nah, he is all better. Just a wicked concussion. He fought through it like he should have. Bradley is really very solid and doesn't get the respect he deserves because of the judges in the Pac fight. He will win this and Manny goes off to pasture, assuming he has any scratch left.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
No one believes Khan has even a sliver of a chance and I'm sure the PPV numbers will show that. At least Maidana has recently won against a good opponent though I dont give him much of a shot to win. FM has painted himself into a corner so to speak in that there just arent that many interesting matchups that he is willing to do.
He has gone up in weight, come back down, fought at catch weights he could never get big enough to make and still there has not been a real challenge since one round in the Moseley fight. Guy is just too good. Maybe he can fight GGG?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
He has gone up in weight, come back down, fought at catch weights he could never get big enough to make and still there has not been a real challenge since one round in the Moseley fight. Guy is just too good. Maybe he can fight GGG?
Lol Mayweather wont face hard hitters coming up in weight let alone a real 160 middleweight. I will give him some credit for fighting Cotto and Alvarez but Ortiz is a scrub and Guerrero was hand picked and has a thin resume. Khan is a joke.

The fact is that he has consistently ducked the only real challenger that the public thought could challenge him. Regardless of how he spins it, he ducked him.

He is gonna fight a tomato can in May and probably Danny Garcia in September. Garcia is a good fighter but too sloppy to beat Mayweather who won't get drawn into a fight with him. He wont fight Matteyesse, he cant fight Bradley, He wont fight Pacquio. Maybe rematch with Cotto at a catch weight if he beats Martinez in May? No one wants to pay to see him fight Lara or Molina and he probably wont fight Kirkland. At Welterweight who is there? Maidana I guess. Maybe he'd make good on his vow to fight in the UK against Kell Brook who cant beat him. At least that would be interesting for awhile. Keith Thurman isnt ready. No one wants to see Devon Alexander on a PPV. Provodnikov is an HBO fighter. His options that he is willing to do are pretty unappealing if you are going to see big PPV numbers.

Yeah he is a bit of a victim of his success but he has very carefully crafted the script. Virtually every great fighter has had an opponent or has had a challenge that made them memorable. Mayweather has resisted some challenges and it is going to be part of his legacy. He has made himself extremely rich and is a great, great fighter but in 10 or 20 years what fight are you going to look back and say was his defining moment that separates him from other great fighters? Right now I dont think there is one.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Lol Mayweather wont face hard hitters coming up in weight let alone a real 160 middleweight. I will give him some credit for fighting Cotto and Alvarez but Ortiz is a scrub and Guerrero was hand picked and has a thin resume. Khan is a joke.

The fact is that he has consistently ducked the only real challenger that the public thought could challenge him. Regardless of how he spins it, he ducked him.

He is gonna fight a tomato can in May and probably Danny Garcia in September. Garcia is a good fighter but too sloppy to beat Mayweather who won't get drawn into a fight with him. He wont fight Matteyesse, he cant fight Bradley, He wont fight Pacquio. Maybe rematch with Cotto at a catch weight if he beats Martinez in May? No one wants to pay to see him fight Lara or Molina and he probably wont fight Kirkland. At Welterweight who is there? Maidana I guess. Maybe he'd make good on his vow to fight in the UK against Kell Brook who cant beat him. At least that would be interesting for awhile. Keith Thurman isnt ready. No one wants to see Devon Alexander on a PPV. Provodnikov is an HBO fighter. His options that he is willing to do are pretty unappealing if you are going to see big PPV numbers.

Yeah he is a bit of a victim of his success but he has very carefully crafted the script. Virtually every great fighter has had an opponent or has had a challenge that made them memorable. Mayweather has resisted some challenges and it is going to be part of his legacy. He has made himself extremely rich and is a great, great fighter but in 10 or 20 years what fight are you going to look back and say was his defining moment that separates him from other great fighters? Right now I dont think there is one.
Why can't he fight Bradley? Assuming Bradley wins this one and Floyd beats whoever in May. That would be the one everyone wants, or should want. Floyd at 140 again would be great to see.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Why can't he fight Bradley? Assuming Bradley wins this one and Floyd beats whoever in May. That would be the one everyone wants, or should want. Floyd at 140 again would be great to see.
Bradley is a Top Rank/HBO boxer.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:19 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Bradley is a Top Rank/HBO boxer.
Damn Showtime and their $. Their coverage is terrible too. This is silly. Did you catch Manny on ESPN calling out Floyd yet again?
Old 02-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Damn Showtime and their $. Their coverage is terrible too. This is silly. Did you catch Manny on ESPN calling out Floyd yet again?
Yeah the phone lines are open lol. I like Paulie Malignaggi as an analyst.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:14 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Marquez was terrible.......It would nicer to see Provodnikov Bradley II. Unfinished business for Ruslan.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:18 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Marquez was terrible.......It would nicer to see Provodnikov Bradley II. Unfinished business for Ruslan.
That would almost surely be a disappointment as Bradley has a whole lot more respect for him and would not go toe to toe again.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:46 PM
The Curragh

Amir Khan wins the peoples choice to get the next Mayweather fight. Just a matter of time now. Shame.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:18 AM
The Curragh

Maidana v. Maweather is the best fight I have seen Floyd fight since 2002. Great stuff, hope they do it again in Sept.