Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

yeah yeah yeah, how many of those games those guys will win will be forfeited in like 2014? Anyway, SJU having the #3 2011 class is something when they haven't signed a top 100 guy since around 2000.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678 View Post
i hope you beat the books , i hope everyone on here beats the books , that's all i care about

all i did was try to give you a heads up about dd favorites in college hoops , you choose to read it the wrong way in my opinion as i said there is hardly anyone in the country that can win over the season when only betting dd favs , not a slight at all at you , but so be it

if you want to have a contest , then we can have one , i don't give a s**t

it ain't going to prove nothing
What don't you understand about 'I don't need your fu cking heads ups about gambling'? You don't know any more than I do, deal with it. Try worrying about yourself a little more from now on, because your little comments aren't appreciated by anyone except maybe one dude.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
What don't you understand about 'I don't need your fu cking heads ups about gambling'? You don't know any more than I do, deal with it. Try worrying about yourself a little more from now on, because your little comments aren't appreciated by anyone except maybe one dude.
joey you bashed me in post #57 , my response was to set the record straight , i ain't backtracking , take it whatever way you like and if you don't like go ahead and ban me or whatever you gotta do
Old 11-12-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678 View Post
joey you bashed me in post #57 , my response was to set the record straight , i ain't backtracking , take it whatever way you like and if you don't like go ahead and ban me or whatever you gotta do
I bashed you? All you've done in this thread is take potshots at me about two college basketball picks I made, then puss out when I challenged you to go heads up in this sport. You're a cheapshot taking sissy who always needs the last word but never has anything to say. Nobody wants your goddamn opinion.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I bashed you? All you've done in this thread is take potshots at me about two college basketball picks I made, then puss out when I challenged you to go heads up in this sport. You're a cheapshot taking sissy who always needs the last word but never has anything to say. Nobody wants your goddamn opinion.
I was looking tonight and I saw Duke was +300 to win the title. None of that for me.

I'll take MSU at +1150 to win it. They should be solid this year. Looking forward to Dec 1st vs Duke, at Duke.

Illinois should destroy SIU tomorrow night, it opened at Illini -15. Supposedly this game lined up because one of SIU's assistants(Ex-Weber player) talked a bunch of **** to Bruce Weber and their assistants, meanwhile, after they agreed they lost their two top young players and are very young. They will have little chance covering 15 unless we have some stud freshman which I doubt.

Teague is the only one that can play, and they will just hammer him.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
i never backed out of nothing , you are factuly wrong there

make your life easier joe, just give me a one way ticket outta here and get rid of me , i'm sure if you run it by mr byk you can get it done , there is no need for this to go on any further and since my opinion means nothing to no one ain't no point in staying - peace out
Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Flemington

Gales chill out. Your not going.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
I was looking tonight and I saw Duke was +300 to win the title. None of that for me.

I'll take MSU at +1150 to win it. They should be solid this year. Looking forward to Dec 1st vs Duke, at Duke.

Illinois should destroy SIU tomorrow night, it opened at Illini -15. Supposedly this game lined up because one of SIU's assistants(Ex-Weber player) talked a bunch of **** to Bruce Weber and their assistants, meanwhile, after they agreed they lost their two top young players and are very young. They will have little chance covering 15 unless we have some stud freshman which I doubt.

Teague is the only one that can play, and they will just hammer him.
Only took 64 posts to get us back on topic. I'd take a long look at Pitt at 20-1 or so. Their guards are outstanding and I think Zanna's gonna develop into a solid big man.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Only took 64 posts to get us back on topic. I'd take a long look at Pitt at 20-1 or so. Their guards are outstanding and I think Zanna's gonna develop into a solid big man.
I'm tossing a few bucks on Cuse n UNC
Old 11-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
yeah yeah yeah, how many of those games those guys will win will be forfeited in like 2014? Anyway, SJU having the #3 2011 class is something when they haven't signed a top 100 guy since around 2000.
((yawn))

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Old 11-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisotisotis View Post
((yawn))
I guess UK fans take it while they can. Because probation's a coming. It's inevitable.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
I guess UK fans take it while they can. Because probation's a coming. It's inevitable.
Exactly. Calipari has no shame. He is my favorite CB coach, and he is a very good college coach, his system works great, but the probabtion is a coming.

For christ sake, he recruited a guy that had been playing professional ball in Turkey for like three years. LOL. And you know what I am willing to guess that because of his rep now, he might not have to do some of things he has done in the past. Kids know that he gets guys drafted high, and know they improve them.

Like this Knight kid, you would have to think that Brandon knows that if he goes to KY, he is gonna end up a top three pick next year, comparing where if he goes somewhere else he might fall a couple spots, that is probably enough incentive to go to KY alone, and not have to do a pay to play scheme.

Unfortunately though, because KY is now a one and done factory, it will be hard to win the title, CBB is very tough, and teams that know each other ultimately play better together.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Aqueduct

alright, I will educate you guys 1 more time.....

Umass - Camby took $ from an agent over the summer, Cal cleared.
Memphis - NCAA told them 2x that Rose was cleared to play, only to go back after the season and say he was ineligible. Cal cleared.
UK - Kanter did play for a pro club team in Turkey. The NCAA has ruled that he received $33,033 more than would have been allowed for a US kid playing at a prep school. These monies cover room and board, travel, meals, etc..
There is a good chance that they can win the appeal based on meeting certain criteria.

Last year's team was a fluke in the number of FR going pro. Maybe 2 guys from this year's team, but that will happen when you go after the best as long as the NBA makes them go to 'school' for a year.

agreed that CBB is different and it will be a few years before he sniffs a championship game at UK.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:36 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

fsu is for real in the acc this year..they will cover alot..
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisotisotis View Post
alright, I will educate you guys 1 more time.....

Umass - Camby took $ from an agent over the summer, Cal cleared.
Memphis - NCAA told them 2x that Rose was cleared to play, only to go back after the season and say he was ineligible. Cal cleared.
UK - Kanter did play for a pro club team in Turkey. The NCAA has ruled that he received $33,033 more than would have been allowed for a US kid playing at a prep school. These monies cover room and board, travel, meals, etc..
There is a good chance that they can win the appeal based on meeting certain criteria.

Last year's team was a fluke in the number of FR going pro. Maybe 2 guys from this year's team, but that will happen when you go after the best as long as the NBA makes them go to 'school' for a year.

agreed that CBB is different and it will be a few years before he sniffs a championship game at UK.
Educate me all you want, still doesn't change the fact that he walks the grey line very well.

I love him as a coach, and from all accounts he is a good person, and I have followed his teams since UMass, and have bet on his teams to win the National Title (when I knew Derrick Rose was unstoppable and he ended up going there)

33k more? Why even waste time recruiting the kid, he knew he was gonna end up ineligible, and they aren't winning the appeal. Winning an appeal against the NCAA is like a trainer trying to win an appeal vs the racing board. Not happening.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Saratoga

Real good night for CBB....

Michigan State vs UConn
Duke vs KState
Washington vs Kentucky

Michigan State wins, I think Washington exposes Kentucky as sloppy. Kentucky has tons of talent but will come together later in the year

KState has a hell of a chance to beat Duke
Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
Real good night for CBB....

Michigan State vs UConn
Duke vs KState
Washington vs Kentucky

Michigan State wins, I think Washington exposes Kentucky as sloppy. Kentucky has tons of talent but will come together later in the year

KState has a hell of a chance to beat Duke
guess I'll take sloppy ........

Old 11-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Fairgrounds

Default College Hoops Tonight

Here we go with a few selections for tonight:

Ohio St (-4) at FSU 59-44 Winner
Michigan (+9) at Clemson 69-61 Straight-up winner

Last edited by asudevil : 11-30-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
Here we go with a few selections for tonight:

Ohio St (-4) at FSU 59-44 Winner
Michigan (+9) at Clemson 69-61 Straight-up winner
Thanks for the kudos everyone
Old 11-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Saratoga

You are the greatest.