Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Saratoga

Default Dear Saluki Players

As an alumni and a huge fan, I want to say thank you for how you played tonight. I AM EXTREMELY PROUD of you guys tonight. A special thank you to Tatem and Young, who went out like seniors should and Shaw was out there on one ankle (look how he was short-stepping everything). While extremely disappointed right now in the outcome, you represented SALUKI NATION and showed why we should be considered a top 20 team on a consistent basis. Even myself, one of the most optimistic SIU fans of all time, didn't believe 100%, and for that I am sorry.

Good luck Tatem and Young in the future, you both have meant alot and we are proud that you are part of the SALUKI NATION.

Scav
Old 03-22-2007, 08:56 PM
The Curragh

do you think some of their players might actually be members on this site?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:59 PM
The Curragh

150-1 says no.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
The Curragh

serious question, but I just say its 150-1 that any are, but I was just saying, who knows who is a member here and who isn't.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

these guys get the credit...they busted more pools year by year than gazonga
Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
do you think some of their players might actually be members on this site?
Dude, I was expressing my emotions essentially, if I could, I would personally thank them in person because I appreciate heart/pain/passion more then I appreciate talent. People don't respect talent, they respect passion and EVERY ONE of those Salukis has PASSION
Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 PM
The Curragh

I love heart, pain, and passion as much as the rest, but if that isn't getting me the W's then it really doesn't matter to me. Maybe thats just because ND fans expect a little more, and don't just settle.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Coach Pants

I'd like to thank them for making this baller 3-teamer my bro split with me possible.

Go Vols!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:34 PM
The Curragh

ND fans have not been settling, and we will not settle and be happy until we win the National Championship. That doesn't mean we won't support our team, but anything less than the championship is a little dissapointing. Higher expecations as always for our beloved Notre Dame.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I love heart, pain, and passion as much as the rest, but if that isn't getting me the W's then it really doesn't matter to me. Maybe thats just because ND fans expect a little more, and don't just settle.
If it doesn't matter to you then you miss one of the essential qualities of ATHLETICS, COMPETITION, and Atmosphere.

To use an old school saying, it isn't if you win or lose, it is how you play the game.

If you play the game like the Salukis do, you will win. If Notre Dame had HALF the heart and passion that SIU had, in ANY of their athletics, they would easily win a national title. They are spoonfed.

And as far as College football game, it is the biggest crock of crap their is. Lets have 15 people sit in a room and pick two teams out of a bizillion to play for one title. It wouldn't make sense to pick 16 teams and let them play for it.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Randwyck

Scavs, your team played some of the best basketball I've seen in a while. They their pace on a very good kansas team. They were playing a team that was more athletic, stronger, deeper,quicker, and taller, yet they never quit. I'll take a team like that any day.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy3481
Scavs, your team played some of the best basketball I've seen in a while. They their pace on a very good kansas team. They were playing a team that was more athletic, stronger, deeper,quicker, and taller, yet they never quit. I'll take a team like that any day.
Thanks Skippy, it is a great feeling to be proud of a team that you follow, it really is. Winning is great, trust me, I would have rather won this friggin game, but this team showed so much to the public, the media, and to the fans that it almost didn't matter who won the game. I fully expect to be in the top 15 next year, and hopefully some of these bigger schools will give us a shot, Lowery will play anyone anywhere, that I know for a fact
Old 03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
If it doesn't matter to you then you miss one of the essential qualities of ATHLETICS, COMPETITION, and Atmosphere.

To use an old school saying, it isn't if you win or lose, it is how you play the game.

If you play the game like the Salukis do, you will win. If Notre Dame had HALF the heart and passion that SIU had, in ANY of their athletics, they would easily win a national title. They are spoonfed.

And as far as College football game, it is the biggest crock of crap their is. Lets have 15 people sit in a room and pick two teams out of a bizillion to play for one title. It wouldn't make sense to pick 16 teams and let them play for it.
HAHAHAHA Are you kidding me, you really thinking SIU has more heart than Notre Dame. Just because SIU doesn't get the media coverage that ND gets, doesn't mean ND has less heart. Notre Dame was built on heart, toughness, and tradition. Notre Dame hasn't been getting the recruits they have wanted do to academic standards, and heart alone isn't going to win you a Championship when you play with the big boys, maybe if your SIU and you play with the Mid Majors it might.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
The Curragh

O, and by the way, if you want to talk heart let us talk about Notre Dames mens hockey team. Really, they were projected to be nothing this year. They have already won the CCH regular season title, and the CCH playoff title (both first in school history). This team was projected to be nothing by everyone, and look at what they are doing. They have a great shot at being National Champions, the road for them starts tomorrow.

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
HAHAHAHA Are you kidding me, you really thinking SIU has more heart than Notre Dame. Just because SIU doesn't get the media coverage that ND gets, doesn't mean ND has less heart. Notre Dame was built on heart, toughness, and tradition. Notre Dame hasn't been getting the recruits they have wanted do to academic standards, and heart alone isn't going to win you a Championship when you play with the big boys, maybe if your SIU and you play with the Mid Majors it might.
What has NOTRE DAME done in the last 10 years anyways? NOTHING. Notre Dame is a bunch of spoonfed athletes that haven't had to EARN anything. To play basketball at SIU, you have to EARN your way on the team, you have to play 1 on 1 against someone at your position until Lowery says STOP. He had Tatem going against Young until they were almost HOSPITALIZED. THEY EARNED team respect. They earned their coaches respect.

Like people respected Brady Quinn, all he cared about was his NFL contract. Trust me, I know ALOT about Notre Dame, I live in their biggest alumni area and have been to many games. Notre Dame was built on CASH, not on anything you are describing. Go watch Rudy again and believe that is actually what happened.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:02 PM
The Curragh

Notre Dame hater be gone. Just cause you wish SIU had just a little bit of the traditon and glory that is Notre Dame, it's ok, I understand. We are talking the Class of Division 1 athletics, and some mid major.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:04 PM
The Curragh

and Scavs, name one powerhouse program who doesn't have these so called "spoonfed" athletes that you speak of. Not possible, all you can name is the shitty mid majors, and the only reason these guys aren't spoonfed is because they couldn't hold Brady Quinns jock.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:05 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
This belongs in the who gives a sh*t room. It's the old polytrack room, not too hard to find.
You act like noone gives a **** about hockey. I love Horse Racing, but how many people that aren't involved in the sport really give a **** about it? Hockey has a lot more fans than horse racing.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Coach Pants

If Tennessee doesn't cover i'm putting this computer in my car on the way to western union and throwing the god damn thing over the bridge.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
You act like noone gives a **** about hockey. I love Horse Racing, but how many people that aren't involved in the sport really give a **** about it? Hockey has a lot more fans than horse racing.
Yeah a bunch of Canadian and Russian douchebags.