Old 03-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Hollywood Park

the whole slew of them....thomas, perry, morris
Old 03-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
the whole slew of them....thomas, perry, morris
What really hurt Tubby was overlooking Lofton and taking Crawford and Bradley over him. Crawford and Bradley are horrible.

Bradley looks like beetlejuice
Old 03-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
He also made the same comment about Alabama, cut out of Bear Bryant, because the insane Alabama fans can't get past him not coaching. Oh well, at least they gave Nick Saban a nice retirement package, sit back, not work real hard and be an analyst in 3-4 years, not to bad, too bad the Alabama Fans can't see that.
I"ll make you this bet, Alabama will play for a national championship before the bearcats do...
Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Gulfstream Park

Early picks for new UK Coach:

1. Jay Wright-Villanova...can keep all his Wildcat gear from one school to another! Done all he can do in Phila, maybe next 76'ers coach though.

2. Tim Crean-Marquette-excellent young coach.

3. Thad Motta- Ohio St-loses great players at OSU. Time to move up.

4. Sean Ford-UMASS who played at UK-will get interview

5. Billy Donovan-UFLA-only if he gets CajunGator's approval to leave

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>
Old 03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Sha Tin

Tubby was a weak recruiter and average game coach. KY has not been a major force recently because they haven't had any elite players.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Hollywood Park

I would say good game coach, average recruiter.

What the hell, I say BRING BACK BURNADETTE!!!! hahaahahhahaahahahaha
Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Coach Pants

Florida probably made a huge mistake not giving Donovan an extension last year.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbucket67
i dont no if leaving osu and going to kentucky would be moving up... osu has better players coming back and a better recruiting class coming in...why would thad want to leave his great situation to go to a terrible one??? plus hes getting paid mass
You must be joking. Going from Ohio State to Kentucky in BASKETBALL is a major step up. Boise State is better than Alabama in football. I doubt anyone would argue Boise is the better job. Louisville is much better than Florida State. Which of those jobs do you think more top coaches would line up for? I don't want to demean Ohio State because they have a good program that is on the rise, but the Ohio State vs. Kentucky basketball jobs aren't close to being on the same level in my opinion. In no particular order: Level 1: Kentucky, UCLA, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina- Level 2- Indiana, Louisville, Syracuse, UCONN. I may have left a few out but you get the idea. These are all top of the line jobs although not every team listed is currently a top team. "But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
What really hurt Tubby was overlooking Lofton and taking Crawford and Bradley over him. Crawford and Bradley are horrible.

Bradley looks like beetlejuice

Passing on Corey Brewer b/c he "was too skinny" hurts; same goes for Derrick Byars, SEC player of the year. Not great at evaluating talent, although Lofton probably wouldnt be who is had he come to UK.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Hollywood Park

You gotta read Pat Forde's article on espn...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...9&sportCat=ncb
Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Hollywood Park

I honestly believe Pitino could walk right through this door... or Donovan will beat him to it. I think, deep down, Pitino would rather be at UK...this is his chance to go back home...the fans will forgive him after a national championship...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
I honestly believe Pitino could walk right through this door... or Donovan will beat him to it. I think, deep down, Pitino would rather be at UK...this is his chance to go back home...the fans will forgive him after a national championship...
I agree, and I think had Louisville not gone on that winning streak (starting with the upsets of Pitt and Marquette) and made the tournament with a good run, he'd be coming to UK. It's the longest of shots, but it wouldnt surprise me.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
pgardn

The best coach that could completely turn this program around is Billy Gillispie. And I hope to God Kentucky snubs their nose at him because Kentucky would immediately become a National powerhouse again(and I really dont want that)

ATM better pay Gillispie the bucks or they will have a losing basketball program in addition to football.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
The best coach that could completely turn this program around is Billy Gillispie. And I hope to God Kentucky snubs their nose at him because Kentucky would immediately become a National powerhouse again(and I really dont want that)

ATM better pay Gillispie the bucks or they will have a losing basketball program in addition to football.
Word is that we're looking at him pretty hard, actually was the first name that I heard come up. There are concerns about him (I think he's a great coach and cheered my ass of for him, AC, and the rest of the Aggies) namely that he's not a proven coach and people question if he's a good recruiter. Seems the Aggies this year were led by juniors and seniors, he didnt recruit them correct? I think he's a really good coach and would flourish at UK and he'd be able to recruit just fine, but I dont know if AD and Boosters agree.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
I"ll make you this bet, Alabama will play for a national championship before the bearcats do...
In Football, the Bearcats will never play for a National Championship, that I know, because I am a realist.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn

Rumor has it, he's got a little Eddie Sutton in him.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:31 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Sasquash
Word is that we're looking at him pretty hard, actually was the first name that I heard come up. There are concerns about him (I think he's a great coach and cheered my ass of for him, AC, and the rest of the Aggies) namely that he's not a proven coach and people question if he's a good recruiter. Seems the Aggies this year were led by juniors and seniors, he didnt recruit them correct? I think he's a really good coach and would flourish at UK and he'd be able to recruit just fine, but I dont know if AD and Boosters agree.
AC Law got himself into the NBA because of Gillispie having faith in him and making him work his butt off. Law was at best average. Billy likes recruiting in Texas though. That may be the thing that keeps him in Texas. He sees untapped talent. Recruiting wars may not be one of his desires. And wars must be fought at Kentucky. Good to hear the Wildcat boosters and AD dont like him, because even though I am not an Aggie fan, I appreciate good solid basketball by good coaches. So I get to see a lot of ATM games.