Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
Whatever, I don't feel like arguing anymore today. Think what you will about the horse. He ran an awesome race on Saturday. Hanger, cheater, etc... call him whatever ya want. He is good for horseracing and you should say nothing bad about him.
I agree, Buffy... when he wins another one, perhaps I won't have to read some of these ludicrous "cheater" posts about this horse. He's a nice horse and will win some more I think.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Thanks for stating the truth Larhage, this race was awful, the best 2 didn't fire and the hanger, hung again. I was happy to see Borel get a big win, but this was a bad bad race. It looks like they might barely get over a 100 Beyer, Perfect Drift will be over bet in all of the underneath exotics and probably be a throwout even for that, because this race is going to come up very bad...
Old 06-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I agree, Buffy... when he wins another one, perhaps I won't have to read some of these ludicrous "cheater" posts about this horse. He's a nice horse and will win some more I think.

I guess they think his jock should have kept beating Drifty to make him win by more. Dude thought he had it won so he eased up. Other caught him because he didn't see him. They can talk about all Drifty's other races, point is Drifty drew clear by a few lengths then eased up a bit, yes because he thought he had it won. Jock nor horse saw the other horse coming until it was too late. Not like they were bobbing head to head.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

it isn't 'mean' to call PD a hanger, it isn't anything but the truth. sometimes the truth hurts. yes, he's a good horse with a good story. but please don't make him out to be some champ full of heart or gutty. he's not. he had a tremendous lead and sat on it. i doubt his run here means anything more than his run against crap and the clock last year early in the season. easy to look good when the top horses all fail to fire. i mean, come on, does anyone here expect seek gold to win the bcc? after all, he DID beat pd. i don't see anyone talking up his gutty win, or thinking he'll end up as bcc champ....
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
it isn't 'mean' to call PD a hanger, it isn't anything but the truth. sometimes the truth hurts. yes, he's a good horse with a good story. but please don't make him out to be some champ full of heart or gutty. he's not. he had a tremendous lead and sat on it. i doubt his run here means anything more than his run against crap and the clock last year early in the season. easy to look good when the top horses all fail to fire. i mean, come on, does anyone here expect seek gold to win the bcc? after all, he DID beat pd. i don't see anyone talking up his gutty win, or thinking he'll end up as bcc champ....
Nothing wrong with him being a hanger, but in THIS particular race, I didn't see that. If he would have hung on for the win, would he have been a cheater and a hanger? What about every other horse that barely holds on to the win because a deep closer is headed down the stretch? Are they all hangers too? I see your point of view, but I don't agree on it for this particular instance.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Dee Tee Stables

when a horse has a lead like that, and loses, esp to a deep closer who must have everything his way to show up at the wire, he's a hanger. whether he lost by a nose hair or a length, he hung.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Nothing wrong with him being a hanger, but in THIS particular race, I didn't see that. If he would have hung on for the win, would he have been a cheater and a hanger? What about every other horse that barely holds on to the win because a deep closer is headed down the stretch? Are they all hangers too? I see your point of view, but I don't agree on it for this particular instance.

That is what I was trying to say. Yes, PD may have hung in other races. I get that. But Saturday he did not. IMO
Old 06-19-2006, 01:52 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Yeah Cajun he would have been. He wasn't tired, not at all. You could see him pulling himself up after making the lead.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Dee Tee Stables

his jock even said he eased himself.

look, just because you guys like the horse, I like the horse, doesn't mean he isn't what he is.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Yeah Cajun he would have been. He wasn't tired, not at all. You could see him pulling himself up after making the lead.

Like I said before Jock thought he had the race, should he have gone on beating the horse to death?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:00 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Like I said before Jock thought he had the race, should he have gone on beating the horse to death?
Wouldnt have been a bad idea considering his past history.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Wouldnt have been a bad idea considering his past history.

Then that is jockey error not hanging, correct?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
oracle80

Buffy, I just watched the replay ok? I WATCHED it and counted the number of times he hit perfect Drift in the stretch, he hit him 20 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now wheer you get the idea that he eased him up is beyond me. And furthermore he whipped him every stride from the time he made the lead to the wire and was whipping him like crazy all teh way to the end.
Now, you are just wrong, wrong to say he eased up on him. I will give you the link to watch the replay or anyone else and you can all count the number of times he hit him, 20. 20 times. If thats eased up then I'd hate to see a furious drive.
he just hung, plain and simple. Like i said, I will give you the link and you can have anyone watch it and if he hit him less than 20 times I will never post here again. I just counted 3 times, its at least 20 times that he hit the horse. He did not ease up on him and I'm wondering if you even saw the race.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:08 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Then that is jockey error not hanging, correct?
Heres the deal Buffy, I will give you the link to watch the race. You count how many times he hits the horse and note that he never stopped whipping all the way to the finish line. If you are wrong, you say yoiu were wrong. If I'm wrong i will not post here to bother you again. You want the link?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Heres the deal Buffy, I will give you the link to watch the race. You count how many times he hits the horse and note that he never stopped whipping all the way to the finish line. If you are wrong, you say yoiu were wrong. If I'm wrong i will not post here to bother you again. You want the link?

WHATEVER DUDE. Honestly, I didn't see what you saw. I have the race on tape at home. To me it just looked like he got caught on the line. Yes, he lost by a nose but not in a head to head fight. The other horse was way wide of him. Didn't see him until it was too late. Believe what you want. You are the king, I am just a lowly servant.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:23 PM
oracle80

Quote:
WHATEVER DUDE. Honestly, I didn't see what you saw. I have the race on tape at home. To me it just looked like he got caught on the line. Yes, he lost by a nose but not in a head to head fight. The other horse was way wide of him. Didn't see him until it was too late. Believe what you want. You are the king, I am just a lowly servant.
No I'm not the King, but I have to be honest, I wasn't focusing on Perfect Drift during the race. I had used other horses in the pik-4 and was watching them and then once Seek gold started to fly i was jumping up and down screaming at the top of my lungs for him to get up. I know his trainer, and believe me I was a very happy guy when he won.
In any case I hadn't focused on PD and his jock and what happened. I just pulled up the replay on Brisbet because I kept hearing you say that the jock eased him up. So i watched it and was stunned to see that he had whipped him at least 20 times, and was bashing away the whole way home and was whipping furiously until the end. Go home and watch it, I know you can count an add. My point is that you can't make things out to be anything other than what they are in life. Everyone loves the horse, myself included, but to paint it out as jockey error when he hit him 20 times both left and right handed and was whipping furiously the whole way home is a gross misrepresenation of what occurred. go home and watch it again, and holler back at what you saw.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 PM
The Curragh

Oracle is the king of something alright...lol

if Pat Day or Gary Stevens were the jockey PD wouldnt have lost
Old 06-19-2006, 02:29 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
Oracle is the king of something alright...lol

if Pat Day or Gary Stevens were the jockey PD wouldnt have lost
You are an idiot. What else could anyone else have done with him? And he hung for Day as well you windbag knownothing. remember the Whitney where you said that Roses In may DID NOT BELONG IN AND WOULD BE EMBARRASSED AND THAT RAMSEY WAS DUMB TO RUN HIM IN? Well see as a sidenote to your continued lack of understanding of the game of tbred racing, Perfect Driuft had dead aim under a confident pat day and then hung like a cheap suit from Wal Mart. Its incredible the stuff that you say, incredible.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
You are an idiot. What else could anyone else have done with him? And he hung for Day as well you windbag knownothing. remember the Whitney where you said that Roses In may DID NOT BELONG IN AND WOULD BE EMBARRASSED AND THAT RAMSEY WAS DUMB TO RUN HIM IN? Well see as a sidenote to your continued lack of understanding of the game of tbred racing, Perfect Driuft had dead aim under a confident pat day and then hung like a cheap suit from Wal Mart. Its incredible the stuff that you say, incredible.
Oracle, he was just trying to be nice to me. But even Gary doesn't always make the best of rides. Gorella in last years Mile is one that I won't forget. Doesn't mean I don't like him.

You see one thing Oracle and I see another. Leave it at that. Agree to disagree or we could be here all night. AND I AM RIDING AFTER WORK. I got rained out Sat & Sun. Maybe that is why I am so cranky today...
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
oracle80

Default Sent To Stud help me out here

Stud, do you have a replay site that you use? Do me a favor if you can, please rewatch the Foster and count the number of times the guy whips PD and lemme know what you get. I get 20-22 times.