Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2006, 08:09 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
Drift didn't see Seek Gold so I wouldn't call it hanging but more of a once I got the lead kinda easied thinking I had it. Even Seek Gold's jockey said, "i kept him away from Drift so he wouldn't see him and fight back."

Maybe he doesn't win alot, but dang the old guy has got heart and tries everytime. Give him his props for a very nice race on Saturday and quit trying to bash him. I don't see Funny Cide running like Drifty did Saturday nor Evening Attire. Give props where they are due. Drifty still has enough class to run with the top tier horses, he may not win, but he will get a check.

I for one am a big fan of this horse as most of you know. But if I was a person just watching racing for the first time and saw that race on Saturday by a 7 year old gelding, I may have been more intrigued to watch some more. So give Drifty some props. I think he is a damn good representative for racing.
Buffy I think everyone loves this horse and his story. Noone is bashing him. Its very frustrating watching him come so close but refusing to win due to that quirk, and like Steve says, you can't train that out of him. Some damn good jockeys have tried to get him to pass and they just can't do it.