Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Steve Byk

Default 10/5 (KEE): Shadwell, Futurity, First Lady (G1's), TCA (G2), Woodford (G3)

5th (3:13) Woodford S. Presented by Keeneland Select (G3)

5 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $150,000

1 Pirates Vow Desormeaux K J 120 L
2 Tour Guide Graham J 118 L
3 Great Mills Leparoux J R 120 L
4 Console Bridgmohan S X 120 L
5 Expecting Cash Castro E 120 L
6 Stormofthecentury Lanerie C J 122 L
7 Ancil Castanon J L 120 L
8 Havelock Gomez G K 122 L
9 Global Power Spieth S 120 L
10 Spring to the Sky Velazquez J R 120 L

6th (3:45) Thoroughbred Club of America S. (G2)

6 Furlongs (All Weather Track) | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $200,000

1 Judy the Beauty Velazquez J R 120 L
2 Purely Hot Vega H 122 L
3 Gypsy Robin Gomez G K 120 L
4 Tanglewood Tale Bridgmohan S X 120 L
5 Livi Makenzie Leparoux J R 122 L
6 Groupie Doll Maragh R 124 L

7th (4:17) First Lady S. (G1)

1 Mile (Turf) | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $400,000

1 Say (IRE) Bravo J 121 L
2 Hungry Island Gomez G K 124 L
3 Better Lucky Leparoux J R 124 L
4 Daisy Devine Graham J 124 L
5 Winding Way Albarado R J 124 L
6 Dayatthespa Velazquez J R 124 L
7 Miz Ida Bridgmohan S X 124 L
8 Amazonas (IRE) Rocco J S Jr 121 L

8th (4:49) Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (G1)

1 1/16 Miles (All Weather Track) | Open | 2 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $400,000

1 Intense Holiday Decarlo C P 121 L
2 Kendall's Boy Gomez G K 121 L
3 School On a Hill Arroyo N Jr 121 L
4 Laddie Boy Castanon J L 121 L
5 Rum Point Gutierrez Mario 121 Blk-On L
6 Solitary Ranger Geroux F 121 L
7 General Jack Garcia Alan 121 L
8 Pontos Schulepov V 121 L
9 Conquest Titan Da Silva E R 121 L
10 Arctic Slope Rocco J S Jr 121
11 Ready for Action Garcia Jose A 121 L
12 We Miss Artie Velazquez J R 121 L
13 Smarty's Echo Baird E T 121 L
14 Tiznowforamerica Leparoux J R 121 L
AE Medal Count Albarado R J 121 L
AE Oogeley Eye Lanerie C J 121 L

9th (5:21) Shadwell Turf Mile S. (G1)

1 Mile (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $750,000

1 Winning Prize (ARG) Gomez G K 126 L
2 Turallure Leparoux J R 126 L
3 Skyring Castro E 126 L
4 Hogy Rocco J S Jr 126 L
5 Summer Front Bravo J 126 L
6 Willcox Inn Graham J 126 L
7 Handsome Mike Gutierrez Mario 126 L
8 Coalport Hill C 126 L
9 Silver Max Albarado R J 126 L
10 Wise Dan Velazquez J R 126 L
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Oriental Park

I think Gypsy Robin can win against Groupie Doll, she could be totally uncontested today on the front end.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
I think Gypsy Robin can win against Groupie Doll, she could be totally uncontested today on the front end.
Thought that Purely Hot, the Presque Isle Terror, could be dangerous too. Will be interesting to see how hard Vega sends..
Old 10-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Steve Byk

Shadwell taken OFF the turf and moved to 8.5f on the poly main...
Old 10-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Shadwell taken OFF the turf and moved to 8.5f on the poly main...
So Keeneland, which one ran almost everything on the turf in wet weather when it had dirt, takes a G1 off the turf after a 25 minute storm?

If this occured in NY there would be a firestorm of complaints. It's Keeneland, so there probably won't be much ado about it.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan07 View Post
So Keeneland, which one ran almost everything on the turf in wet weather when it had dirt, takes a G1 off the turf after a 25 minute storm?

If this occured in NY there would be a firestorm of complaints. It's Keeneland, so there probably won't be much ado about it.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Idlewild Airport

Horrific job by keeneland. It is your single biggest turf race. It stays on. Period
Old 10-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Horrific job by keeneland. It is your single biggest turf race. It stays on. Period
They have dont this a few times, even they realize their Poly might as well be a pseudo turf course.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
They have dont this a few times, even they realize their Poly might as well be a pseudo turf course.
They always take off the turf now, when pre-poly they basically NEVER did.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:

The deluge that hit the grass course was such that it went from firm to yielding in such a short period of time that the Grade I First Lady went in almost 1:40. And then it continued to pour through the end of the card. The Shadwell result would have more legitimate if they ran a mile in 1:47?
Old 10-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:

The same NY that increasingly continues to give us some of the most biased tracks, both turf and dirt, in the history of the sport? I mean, were you around for the Saratoga meet?

If it were up to me, I'd run where scheduled. However, I try not to complain too much when they take off the turf and run on the poly. I can still play these races. I generally don't play the slop alternatives.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyEllis View Post
The same NY that increasingly continues to give us some of the most biased tracks, both turf and dirt, in the history of the sport? I mean, were you around for the Saratoga meet?
NY has, overall, the most fair surfaces in the country. The actual reason the prolonged, 16 racing days actually, inside bias at Belmont was as big a deal as it was, was because the track is almost always even. Even the inner track, which before Glen Kozak became the track super was one of the more biased surfaces in the country, has been pretty much fair over the last five years. Then you bring up a week of turf racing, in the height of Summer, after weeks of going without rain, as somehow some proof of extensive biases when we race on the turf for EIGHT months??? Really?

And don't pull any " you work for NYRA " stuff, because nobody came close to discussing the gold rail at Belmont in September as much as I did. If there's a bias....I talk about it.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
NY has, overall, the most fair surfaces in the country. The actual reason the prolonged, 16 racing days actually, inside bias at Belmont was as big a deal as it was, was because the track is almost always even. Even the inner track, which before Glen Kozak became the track super was one of the more biased surfaces in the country, has been pretty much fair over the last five years. Then you bring up a week of turf racing, in the height of Summer, after weeks of going without rain, as somehow some proof of extensive biases when we race on the turf for EIGHT months??? Really?

And don't pull any " you work for NYRA " stuff, because nobody came close to discussing the gold rail at Belmont in September as much as I did. If there's a bias....I talk about it.
And you did over and over in the summer and now at Belmont. And now you are down playing it.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
And you did over and over in the summer and now at Belmont. And now you are down playing it.
There was a dumber posts on PA recently, so you escape worst post of 2013, but you are close.....so congratulations.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
There was a dumber posts on PA recently, so you escape worst post of 2013, but you are close.....so congratulations.
Excuse me? Are you saying you didnt tweet about the Bias on the turf at Saratoga and the extreme dirt bias at Belmont?
Old 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Excuse me? Are you saying you didnt tweet about the Bias on the turf at Saratoga and the extreme dirt bias at Belmont?
BIG difference between having a bias that lasts a few weeks and this...

"The same NY that increasingly continues to give us some of the most biased tracks, both turf and dirt, in the history of the sport?"

Which is what the original poster said.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
BIG difference between having a bias that lasts a few weeks and this...

"The same NY that increasingly continues to give us some of the most biased tracks, both turf and dirt, in the history of the sport?"

Which is what the original poster said.
I will concede that point Nick but have we not had a front end turf bias at Saratoga the last 2 meets?
Old 10-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
I will concede that point Nick but have we not had a front end turf bias at Saratoga the last 2 meets?
No, I don't think so, at least not for more than a few days. This year, it was advantageous to be on the lead on both turf courses from Travers day through the final day where all races were on turf (Friday, August 30). There were a few exceptions, but in general, the courses were biased on those days.

The 2012 meet did not have a bias in my recollection. If anything, that meet was plagued by unaggressive riding on the turf.

The dirt this year was fair. There were situations in 2012 when it was drying out where it was advantageous to be on the lead. Travers day was the closest to a bias there was all meet at Saratoga when the rail was strong. T

In sum, the allegation that the tracks in NY are the most biased in the history of racing is colossally stupid, and untrue.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
No, I don't think so, at least not for more than a few days. This year, it was advantageous to be on the lead on both turf courses from Travers day through the final day where all races were on turf (Friday, August 30). There were a few exceptions, but in general, the courses were biased on those days.

The 2012 meet did not have a bias in my recollection. If anything, that meet was plagued by unaggressive riding on the turf.

The dirt this year was fair. There were situations in 2012 when it was drying out where it was advantageous to be on the lead. Travers day was the closest to a bias there was all meet at Saratoga when the rail was strong. T

In sum, the allegation that the tracks in NY are the most biased in the history of racing is colossally stupid, and untrue.
Fair enough. I see horses going to the lead time after time on the turf for the last 2 meets and not be caught and call is a bias. You call it unaggressive riding.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:05 PM
The Curragh

My wife and I have seen Wise Dan race three times and those three times were his last three losses, each loss coming on a different surface. I think we're bad luck