Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
actually, go back and read the thread. There was a certain poster that helped lead me away from that selection. It is the same poster that led me to the under today.

Did you notice how i backtracked and apologized suddenly to you jets fans in the middle of the thread after a certain post?

This week, i just thought that was too many points for a Norv team.
well we have basically the same team , and this rookie qb has them 1 game from the super bowl , favre s**t the bed for us last year in dec
Old 01-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
well we have basically the same team , and this rookie qb has them 1 game from the super bowl , favre s**t the bed for us last year in dec
Different team, different scheme. Didnt you notice?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Different team, different scheme. Didnt you notice?
same OL , defense was pretty good last year , team was in position lasy year and the favre turned into , well you know what in DEC
Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
same OL , defense was pretty good last year , team was in position lasy year and the favre turned into , well you know what in DEC
He is on a different team with a different scheme as well. Didnt you notice?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
He is on a different team with a different scheme as well. Didnt you notice?
he cost us big time last yeat that's all i remember
Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
he cost us big time last yeat that's all i remember
Yep...he did. But so did mangini. It wasnt all favre.

It was a mutually happy parting for both sides. Favre is in a system that he is comfortable with and he has done a great job.

I am very comfortable in saying that the jets far exceeded anything that I predicted for them. I give them their due. No excuses. No hocus pocus.

Why cant you guys with Favre? Why can't you just admit that he far exceeded anything that you predicted for him and he had an incredible year?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Yep...he did. But so did mangini. It wasnt all favre.

It was a mutually happy parting for both sides. Favre is in a system that he is comfortable with and he has done a great job.

I am very comfortable in saying that the jets far exceeded anything that I predicted for them. I give them their due. No excuses. No hocus pocus.

Why cant you guys with Favre? Why can't you just admit that he far exceeded anything that you predicted for him and he had an incredible year?

oh he has had a great year and he will get gang green in miami
Old 01-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
He's had a terrific year. It doesn't mean I can't hope he gets his tendons shredded against New Orleans and never sniffs another NFL field.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
He's had a terrific year. It doesn't mean I can't hope he gets his tendons shredded against New Orleans and never sniffs another NFL field.

better that he gets to miami , he can party with J-LO and get gang green on super sunday!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
LOL. I was cheering for you guys tonight...and it had nothing to do with money. I was just a football fan cheering on the scrappy underdog.

<--------Not a hater! J-e-t-s...unless i get a good line on the colts.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
LOL. I was cheering for you guys tonight...and it had nothing to do with money. I was just a football fan cheering on the scrappy underdog.

<--------Not a hater! J-e-t-s...unless i get a good line on the colts.

better get it now , john q public will come in heavy on game day for the colts
Old 01-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Woodbine

I hate the Viqueens, but respect Favre. He has had an amazing year. I just hope it ends in NO!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716

I love watching Jerry Jones when the Boys are getting their asses open up.
i'm on board with that. they've always been a band wagon team, even up here in ny. the wheels fell off the wagon today.......lol
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Coach Pants

Vikings - Jets Super Bowl could eclipse Giants - Pats
Old 01-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Flemington

Quote:
He eats it up and encourages it with his actions. The media isn't solely to blame.
Bitter much? The guy has had an amazing year, even better than your man Revis. And that's saying a lot.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse
Bitter much? The guy has had an amazing year, even better than your man Revis. And that's saying a lot.
I'm bitter because I think Favre is a douchebag media whore? I guess half of America is bitter then. I already said he's had a terrific year. What else do you need? He's like a kid out there? I'm gonna go buy some Wranglers now? As for your second point, facepalm, hard.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Regardless, he has exceeded what all of you haters hoped and predicted for him by a country mile. He was amongst the leaders in every meaningful passing stat this year while his team had the second best record and now they are in the conference final.

Tip your cap...the man had an amazing season.
He's a good quarterback. I don't wear a cap. I tip to noone. I can't stand him. His team had the 4th best record, not second. So really, how good was he!!

When he retires for the 43rd time this offseason, I'll be thinking of you. When he un-retires for the 43rd time, I'll be thinking of you as well.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Cowgirls crying that Minn ran up the score, waaaaa!

By Kevin Seifert
ESPN.com
Archive

MINNEAPOLIS -- Tempers flared Sunday at the Metrodome after Minnesota's final touchdown of a 34-3 playoff victory over Dallas, as Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking sprinted toward the Vikings' sideline, taunting coach Brad Childress and later calling the late score "classless."

Vikings nose tackle Pat Williams, meanwhile, said Brooking was lucky to escape the Minnesota sideline in one piece.

"We don't care what Keith Brooking says," Williams said. "He was about to get his ass whupped on our sideline over there. It don't matter. Nobody said anything when they blew out the Eagles [the past two weeks].

"It's the playoffs. It ain't no regular-season game. If you lose, you go home. We take no pity on them. Do they expect us to? I don't care about no Brooking. He can say whatever he wants to say."

With the Vikings leading 27-3 late in the fourth quarter, Childress left his starters in the game. The Cowboys gave up the ball on downs at their 37-yard line with 5:26 remaining, and the Vikings threw three passes on their ensuing six-play drive. The final one was an 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe on fourth-and-3 with 1:55 remaining.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said the Vikings ran up the score, and Brooking agreed.

"I thought it was classless," Brooking said. "I thought it was B.S. Granted, we get paid to stop them, but we had zero timeouts left. I didn't think there was any call for that."

Shiancoe laughed after hearing Brooking's comments. "OK, we apologize. I'm sorry. Better?"
Can someone (Coach?) please post that pic of the crying baby...I love that one!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Cowgirls crying that Minn ran up the score, waaaaa!

By Kevin Seifert
ESPN.com
Archive

MINNEAPOLIS -- Tempers flared Sunday at the Metrodome after Minnesota's final touchdown of a 34-3 playoff victory over Dallas, as Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking sprinted toward the Vikings' sideline, taunting coach Brad Childress and later calling the late score "classless."

Vikings nose tackle Pat Williams, meanwhile, said Brooking was lucky to escape the Minnesota sideline in one piece.

"We don't care what Keith Brooking says," Williams said. "He was about to get his ass whupped on our sideline over there. It don't matter. Nobody said anything when they blew out the Eagles [the past two weeks].

"It's the playoffs. It ain't no regular-season game. If you lose, you go home. We take no pity on them. Do they expect us to? I don't care about no Brooking. He can say whatever he wants to say."

With the Vikings leading 27-3 late in the fourth quarter, Childress left his starters in the game. The Cowboys gave up the ball on downs at their 37-yard line with 5:26 remaining, and the Vikings threw three passes on their ensuing six-play drive. The final one was an 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe on fourth-and-3 with 1:55 remaining.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said the Vikings ran up the score, and Brooking agreed.

"I thought it was classless," Brooking said. "I thought it was B.S. Granted, we get paid to stop them, but we had zero timeouts left. I didn't think there was any call for that."

Shiancoe laughed after hearing Brooking's comments. "OK, we apologize. I'm sorry. Better?"
Great post.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Delaware Park

I am hoping that this is the game we see AP run for 200 Yards.