Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 AM
The Curragh

Default AFC/NFC Championship games

The moment of truth is almost upon us and I have to come clean that my choices are 1) The Saints 2) And......The Colts

As much as I want to crank up the mantra........"MMMMMMMM" Brady virtually invincible in dome.....(Incense lit now) BB playoff record better than any other coach in NFL history........."MMMMMMMM" The Patriots have never lost the AFC Championship Game......."MMMMMMMMM"

They do it with what everyone else throws away.......year after year after year.....Each year although I have seen every single Patriot Game on TV/TiVo/Live of the last 10 years I like everyone else have absolutely no idea what they are because they will morph into whatever will beat the opposition that day.

So Damn it I won't do it......I wont pick against the Patriots when every handicapper bone in my wallet says to.

Plays 1) New Orleans getting 2 points 1100-1000 2) New England (watching......the money's not worth that much) I wont watch a Pats playoff and pick against them!!!

Pants your up...

Last edited by docicu3 : 01-20-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:07 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

bears game take the bears..sucker spread aints cant deal wath the grass and the punishment..
pats win or ...as a bear fan i would rather play the pats..to distroy them in the super bowl...lol
Old 01-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I think it will be Bears and Patriots.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Coach Pants

Bears and.....dunno

Will have my picks by gametime.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Hialeah Park

Both these games are too close to call. I'll take the points in both. It worked for a 4 for 4 week last week.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Both these games are too close to call. I'll take the points in both. It worked for a 4 for 4 week last week.
I think the Colts finally break through...I have no idea about the Saints/Bears. I do believe in karma but don't apply it to sports, especially team sports. I think the Bear D might have trouble with all the weapons the Saints bring to the table so my guess is Saints!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Fairgrounds

I'm rootin for the Colts. Just for Dungy and Peyton to finally get off the choke schnide, and also because my beloved University of Minnesota Gophers football team hired a coach. We were all under the slightest pipe-dream delusion that if Dungy choked he might take the job. The MN A.D. said in an interview that the first person he did contact was Dungy, but Dungy turned him down. So now that the Gopher Football coaching issue is resolved, go Dungy! Go Colts! BUT EVENTHOUGH MY HEART SAYS DUNGY, MY HEAD SAYS PATRIOTS. Patriots by 3, but I'm rootin for the Colts.
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...
Old 01-20-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmayjr
I'm rootin for the Colts. Just for Dungy and Peyton to finally get off the choke schnide, and also because my beloved University of Minnesota Gophers football team hired a coach. We were all under the slightest pipe-dream delusion that if Dungy choked he might take the job. The MN A.D. said in an interview that the first person he did contact was Dungy, but Dungy turned him down. So now that the Gopher Football coaching issue is resolved, go Dungy! Go Colts! BUT EVENTHOUGH MY HEART SAYS DUNGY, MY HEAD SAYS PATRIOTS. Patriots by 3, but I'm rootin for the Colts.
That post was awesome. You're all over the place, man.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
I think the Colts finally break through...I have no idea about the Saints/Bears. I do believe in karma but don't apply it to sports, especially team sports. I think the Bear D might have trouble with all the weapons the Saints bring to the table so my guess is Saints!
I am obviously a big homer for the Bears, but trying to look at it objectively, I think that a lot of people are missing one huge point.

The Bears D is obviously a shell of what it was earlier this season without Harris on the line -- but people are forgetting that the Saints D has given up more long passes (the criteria was either 30 or 40 yards) than any team in the entire NFL. That's where Grossman excels -- finding seams for long balls to Clark and Berrian.

In that sense, while the Bears don't have the offensive weaponry that the Saints do, the Saints D seems to have a lot of gaping holes in their secondary that can be exploited by that trio of guys.

I don't have an overwhelming feeling of success for the Bears tomorrow (unless I'm talking to Jamie, then I am 100% positive they will win), but I think that people aren't giving them enough credit because the Saints have the flashiness and the story this year.